facts:
    The price of HTC one, S4, Iphone 5s or Z30 are simillar (without contract in my country) and i belive they're all good phones.

Most of people have Android but:
    - what kind of android, the good android (HTC one, S4) or a bad android (viewsonic or some chinese companys)?
    - the bad android is cheaper and none, of the others companys, have prices like that. You can buy for less than 100 euros (without contract)
    - Many people like android, because it's a open OS

People like Iphone because:
    - it's trendy
    - it's a good phone, nice apps.

People like BB10 because:
    - feel security
    - they've worked with BB and like it
    - The keybord for work (the BES isn't there now)

How I said on the beginning there are good phones, all have good and not so good things.

But in the end, selling is everything, like evolution theory, the most strong survive.
    12-02-13 06:28 AM
    SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Hey DenverRalphy (or anyone else), what's your take on the SwiftKey keyboard vs the Z10/30 keyboard? I'm not impressed with the stock Android keyboard but have yet to use the SwiftKey one.
    12-02-13 06:32 AM
    I tried your instructions and it says "unable to open the file"
    Much easier than downloading a program on a pc. Blackberry is claiming after all bb10 is a mobile computer

NO MORE SIDE LOADING!!!!!

Step 1) Google app store

Attachment 225729

Step 2) select app store and click install

Attachment 225731

Step 3) save and open file

Attachment 225732

Step 4)install and open app

Attachment 225733

Very simple execution that even a novice would have no difficulty obtaining a 3rd party app store.

I felt I would show just how easily it is to execute a simple function on bb10. Very easy and effortless

Just pointing out how simple it is to those that don't own a bb10 device and are commenting on the hassle. It really is this easy.

Hope it helps those new to installing app stores

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 225735
    12-02-13 06:36 AM
    That's exactly what I hate. The whole argument that "if only people knew about BlackBerry 10, they'd love it!".

Dave can clam that he converted people to BlackBerry 10 all he wants, but I tried it every since if still looked like the PlayBook, and only saw a platform that simply didn't meet my needs. BlackBerry OS7, a OS Dave has never even owned according to his own statements, met my needs better than BB10 does. How many other people have tried BB10 and simply didnt like it? We can't say for sure, but I bet it was quite a few. The notion that people will fall in love with BB10 if they try it is just silly. The Hub (aka the same thing I had on my 7250) and gestures simply aren't enough to sway people to a whole new platform. The abysmal sales of BlackBerry 10 devices pretty much prove that.
    I agree with you and loved my BB7 devices, but my opinion of BB10 has changed and I believe BB10 has improved in the areas I found it frustrating. I bought one of the first Z10s in the UK and sent it back - couldn't understand it and found it confusing.

I've since had iPhone 5, Nexus 4 & 5, Nokia 920 (WP8) and now I'm going back to BB10/Z10 as I think the OS has improved a lot, I appreciate the better functionality it provides and it now seems more mature.

I don't know how recently you last tried BB10, but don't write it off just yet. They're listening and sending out updates...
    12-02-13 06:39 AM
    Hey DenverRalphy (or anyone else), what's your take on the SwiftKey keyboard vs the Z10/30 keyboard? I'm not impressed with the stock Android keyboard but have yet to use the SwiftKey one.
    I prefer Swiftkey for the swipe feature.
    12-02-13 06:52 AM
    Swiftkey is AWESOME!!!!!

Different than the Z of course but I love it.

I think BB10 "learns" you faster but Swiftkey just BLAZES. And the BB10's prediction and flicking are absolutely stellar and in my opinion unmatched.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    berryaddictnoza likes this.
    12-02-13 07:28 AM
    I have to say, anytime I use an Android the first thing I do is install and use SwiftKey.

12-02-13 07:40 AM
    They're both great. Which isn't really surprising since they're both essentially the same keyboard, just differing interfaces. The word flick of the BB10 keyboard is pretty slick, and the Swiftkey-Flow Android keyboard has a nice swiping input method. Both allow for rapid input, and the next word prediction (which is much better than keyboards that only have auto-correct) is eerie sometimes as it's so effective. I wouldn't place one over the other based on functionality, as the only really defining factor is whether you prefer swiping or tapping your input.

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out though, that the Google keyboard, especially with the last two 4.x releases (which is now available via Google Play), has dramatically improved. I'd place it as a top contender.
    12-02-13 08:43 AM
    They're both great. Which isn't really surprising since they're both essentially the same keyboard, just differing interfaces. The word flick of the BB10 keyboard is pretty slick, and the Swiftkey-Flow Android keyboard has a nice swiping input method. Both allow for rapid input, and the next word prediction (which is much better than keyboards that only have auto-correct) is eerie sometimes as it's so effective. I wouldn't place one over the other based on functionality, as the only really defining factor is whether you prefer swiping or tapping your input.

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out though, that the Google keyboard, especially with the last two 4.x releases (which is now available via Google Play), has dramatically improved. I'd place it as a top contender.
    The evolution of the Google Keyboard is, IMHO, clear proof of the importance of third-party options. Third-party keyboards force Google to continually push the envelope to keep up and/or ahead.

I understand why BBRY and iOS lock out third-party kb functionality, but this applies in other areas too. Watching Scout go head-to-head with Gmaps, or Docs2Go vs OfficeSuite vs Polaris vs MS Office vs Google Drive (QuickOffice)... it makes the platform stronger.

Yes, having great stock solutions is key, but third-party development truly pushes innovation IMHO.
    12-02-13 08:57 AM
    I'm discussing navigation. Not keyboards

Posted via CB10
    And you're ignoring the reality that Palm and Apple (on the iPad) had gesture based multitasking, app switching etc long before BB10. So was it those two that actually "revolutionized" anything
    12-02-13 09:42 AM
    And you're ignoring the reality that Palm and Apple (on the iPad) had gesture based multitasking, app switching etc long before BB10. So was it those two that actually "revolutionized" anything
    Really.... you can app switch without the home button.... ? with gestures ? (assist button doesn't count)

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 09:44 AM
    The evolution of the Google Keyboard is, IMHO, clear proof of the importance of third-party options. Third-party keyboards force Google to continually push the envelope to keep up and/or ahead.

I understand why BBRY and iOS lock out third-party kb functionality, but this applies in other areas too. Watching Scout go head-to-head with Gmaps, or Docs2Go vs OfficeSuite vs Polaris vs MS Office vs Google Drive (QuickOffice)... it makes the platform stronger.

Yes, having great stock solutions is key, but third-party development truly pushes innovation IMHO.
    Agreed, having an open source platform like Android benefits everyone by innovating and perfecting new technology, we wouldn't have the awesome Z10 keyboard, ect without it.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:45 AM
    I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there was ever evidence of that mentality, it is now. "Who needs Apps????" "Apps are for immature teenage girls" "Who needs Instagram?" "Use the browser!!!"

And now......

"WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE APP GAP IS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST DOWNLOADED 150 GAZILLION APPS FROM 1MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh!!!!!!!!!!! and then they try to convince me, who have always stressed security, that it is worth it to put my phone at risk by going to an APK grabber just so that I can get the apps I'VE ALREADY GOT on my iPhone and my SGIII on the BlackBerry whose principal value to me is SECURITY. No......I want BLACKBERRY APPS on my BLACKBERRY.

It is a very interesting study in human nature.
    Not sure if this statement directed to me or not but I won't go arguing.

Anyways, this post reminded me of BB balance - keeping two separate worlds for people with dual or changing identity.
    In personal space - you install all that crapware from unknown sources and then there's a work space that is secure and controlled by your organization.
    Take a look at Emma .

Only now I start to realize why BB decided to develop some features (includes balance and bbm channels).
    12-02-13 09:46 AM
    Really.... you can app switch without the home button.... ? with gestures ? (assist button doesn't count)

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    On the iPad, yes. Since iOS4.3 beta. It came built into iOS 5.0

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/13/want-...pad-heres-how/

http://www.macworld.com/article/1163..._gestures.html
    12-02-13 09:47 AM
    I prefer Blackberry hands down, as it has the letter 'B' in it, and the letter 'B' is by far my favourite letter.
    12-02-13 09:48 AM

Anyways, this post reminded me of BB balance - keeping two separate worlds for people with dual or changing identity.
    In personal space - you install all that crapware from unknown sources and then there's a work space that is secure and controlled by your organization.
    Take a look at Emma .

Only now I start to realize why BB decided to develop some features (includes balance and bbm channels).
    Balance is a great feature. I just wish BBRY had made it available to everybody with a BB10 device.
    bp3dots and mnc76 like this.
    12-02-13 09:49 AM
    SwiftKey and the BB10 keyboard are two of the best virtual keyboards I've used. Their layouts are slightly different, but they are easy to type on, and the word prediction and auto correction work very well. No surprise, since the BB10 keyboard has some SwiftKey tech in it.

As for individual things, I like the flick typing on BB10. Great for one handed use. I like that SwiftKey is customizable - not just the colour and appearance, but also things like the keyboard size. I also like that the keyboard adjusts it's letters to upper and lower case on the fly.
    12-02-13 09:52 AM
    Four fingers. Lol.. not very practical.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 09:53 AM

Take a look at Emma .

I was not directing my post to you specifically/individually.

It was an observation of current events versus historical statements denigrating apps and those of us who use them on Android and iOS and DARED to expect them in BBW.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    12-02-13 09:53 AM
    That's exactly what I hate. The whole argument that "if only people knew about BlackBerry 10, they'd love it!".

Dave can clam that he converted people to BlackBerry 10 all he wants, but I tried it every since if still looked like the PlayBook, and only saw a platform that simply didn't meet my needs. BlackBerry OS7, a OS Dave has never even owned according to his own statements, met my needs better than BB10 does. How many other people have tried BB10 and simply didnt like it? We can't say for sure, but I bet it was quite a few. The notion that people will fall in love with BB10 if they try it is just silly. The Hub (aka the same thing I had on my 7250) and gestures simply aren't enough to sway people to a whole new platform. The abysmal sales of BlackBerry 10 devices pretty much prove that.
    The problem is that both you and Dave suffer from confirmation bias.
    For Dave, the sales numbers are a sign for extremely bad marketing.
    Where I live and from the data I have gathered, the assertion of BlackBerry having abysmal marketing skills absolutely holds true.

You Saiga, believe that that the sale numbers are proof of a bad product.
    I can't agree with you on that though.
    BB10 itself, is pretty solid with the 10.2 OS.
    I see other problems:
    Things like the competition being even better.
    Or that BlackBerry completely failed with its pricing strategy.
    Or an inexistant marketing strategy in "developped" nations.

I also owned a BBOS 7.1 device, and after using BB10, the biggest favour you can do me in regards of mobile phones, is to never put a 7.1 device in my hand again.

This is harsh, but I agree. I've said it a few times, especially in the threads calling for the CMO's head: it isn't that people don't know about BB10; for the techies I know (admittedly, a small number), BB10 was exceptionally intriguing, but most felt it wasn't enough of a workhorse to be a daily driver.

Think about this: BBRY hasn't been able to convert most legacy BBOS users to BB10. That pretty much tells the story.

I'm not saying that BB10 is not a good option for a good amount of people, but it's hard work pulling in mostly satisfied customers from competing platforms. The hub would probably not outshine, say, Google Now in the minds of a power user.
    Why people are not upgrading from BBOS, is a pretty simple question, with an even simpler answer:
    A big number of BBOS owners today, are located in emerging markets where the price of the device plays a major role.
    In countries where the mobile infrastructure is on the level of BIS still being an advantage.

Under these circumstances, it seems logical that the BB10 uptake isn't that good. Now add BlackBerry's utterly incompetence of pricing their BB10 offerings, and I think we have a big part of the answer why BBOS customers aren't upgrading.
    The last two reasons that come to mind, are the inexistant marketing and that iOS with Android combined, are even better offerings for the vast majority.

PS: I have no intention of ever using Google Now. Privacy and such, you know?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 12-02-13 at 10:25 AM.
    12-02-13 09:55 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Perhaps not for everyone, but that's all that was left to use I suppose seeing as iOS already was a gesture based OS from the beginning. I guess 3 fingers could have been used... It actually works very well but few people know the option exists. I haven't used my iPads home button for navigation since 2011. It's different to BB10 (or palms) implementation for sure but equally as effective, Apple just hide it away for some reason.
    12-02-13 09:55 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    You can on the iPad.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:03 AM

Take a look at Emma .

When an enterprise or government agency, wants the highest degree of security, they will restrict the access to the balance feature.
    So it's completely useless in that situation.

Balance is a great feature. I just wish BBRY had made it available to everybody with a BB10 device.
    There I agree.
    A typical BlackBerry move though.
    They completely overestimated their importance and wanted enterprises to buy a BES, so that the BlackBerry has access to the balance feature.
    Ridiculously dumb decision, because this could be a real USP in the consumer space, when we think about a BYOD environment.

Perhaps not for everyone, but that's all that was left to use I suppose seeing as iOS already was a gesture based OS from the beginning. I guess 3 fingers could have been used... It actually works very well but few people know the option exists. I haven't used my iPads home button for navigation since 2011. It's different to BB10 (or palms) implementation for sure but equally as effective, Apple just hide it away for some reason.
    The MacBooks use gesture since a long time as well.
    So it hardly is an innovation that BB10 uses it...

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:10 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    I dont like the ipad either, but for a device that you're going to be using with two hands anyway it's not too cumbersome. Not easier than switching apps on W8 or PB, but it's a decent option.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:13 AM
    I dont like the ipad either, but for a device that you're going to be using with two hands anyway it's not too cumbersome. Not easier than switching apps on W8 or PB, but it's a decent option.

Posted via CB10
    And it's swiping.
    The premise was that nobody has it apart from BlackBerry.
    This is not correct.

If 4 fingers are too much or not, isn't important for saying that the premise was completely wrong.

Posted via CB10
    xandermac and Unbiased Tech like this.
    12-02-13 10:28 AM
436 ... 1314151617 ...