No, they are responsible to wine and dine developers, which they do quite well. Nobody can argue that they have not made good progress. It has become apparent though that individual developers may have to fill the app gap that the corporations will not. Like with igrann for example.

However the native blackberry apps are the best in the business. Compare any of those to what is on ios or android and blackberry always wins.

Also take into consideration that 95% of free apps, even in the official app stores of other devices are plagued with maleware....

Posted via CB10
    Do you really think that?

A. There is no native app on blackberry that is superior to iOS or Android. I own all 3 and can promise you that you are way off in that statement. If anything the native apps on Blackberry are behind the apps on iOS and Android.

B. 95%? You really believe that? You are so wrong it's almost embarrassing. Actually it is embarrassing because that is just flat out incorrect and beyond an exaggeration. It's just ludicrous.

You are so way off on both counts. I can't honestly think that you really believe your statements above.
    TgeekB, Moonbase0ne and Rello like this.
    12-01-13 02:55 PM
    No, they are responsible to wine and dine developers, which they do quite well. Nobody can argue that they have not made good progress. It has become apparent though that individual developers may have to fill the app gap that the corporations will not. Like with igrann for example.

However the native blackberry apps are the best in the business. Compare any of those to what is on ios or android and blackberry always wins.

And take into consideration that 95% of free apps, even in the official app stores of other devices are plagued with maleware....

Posted via CB10
    95%??? Just Stop. No need to make up your own statics and deliberately start lying to try to prove a point.

TgeekB and Saiga like this.
    12-01-13 02:56 PM
    I suppose it depends on what you define as malware. The way I see it anything that requires permissions beyond what is clearly needed for the function of the app would be malware as it is sending your data to their mothership.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it has been said often enough..... When you feel like getting something for free, then you are the product.

The developer needs to justify his time somehow....

And in the other case, Katie has stated it already.....
    Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-01-13 02:57 PM
    I think most people who experience malware on Android are the same ones who experience them on PCs. Usually trying to find free copies of something they're too cheap to pay for....
    Malware is an overloaded term.

A couple years ago I got an android tablet.
    It was new experience for me and I installed a couple apps.
    Later on, I noticed that my twitter account started spamming others.
    Perhaps, it was my negligence and I allowed some settings that I was not supposed to.
    Perhaps it was a flaw in the OS; I didn't investigate the cause.
    Fast forward to BB10.
    I add a twitter account in the device settings - no need for downloading anything extra.
    I don't change defaults values on the registration form.
    The OS pops up a window saying that the by default it would use my contacts to find friends.
    Do I really want to do that? Nope, I respect my privacy. Thanks for the warning, rejected.

Another example.
    Somebody mentioned that they use instagram for business communication.
    I thought it might be a great idea after all and decided to check their security protection.
    Well, it took me seconds to find that Instagram credentials were stolen by a small phishing app (link).
    The article mentions that 100,000 users were affected, not a small group.
    This means that some business ideas could be easily stolen from the cloud.

The bottom line.
    Do I trust free services and can keep up with all the security vulnerabilities?
    Nah, I'd rather use built-in services that BlackBerry phones provide out of the box.
    I don't care about NSA but I do respect my privacy.
    12-01-13 03:01 PM
    Why not make a sister thread for this on Android Central?

Posted via my Z10 (BB#22) featuring Channel C0031BD24
    12-01-13 03:10 PM
    Malware is an overloaded term.

A couple years ago I got an android tablet.
    It was new experience for me and I installed a couple apps.
    Later on, I noticed that my twitter account started spamming others.
    Perhaps, it was my negligence and I allowed some settings that I was not supposed to.
    Perhaps it was a flaw in the OS; I didn't investigate the cause.
    Fast forward to BB10.
    I add a twitter account in the device settings - no need for downloading anything extra.
    I don't change defaults values on the registration form.
    The OS pops up a window saying that the by default it would use my contacts to find friends.
    Do I really want to do that? Nope, I respect my privacy. Thanks for the warning, rejected.

Another example.
    Somebody mentioned that they use instagram for business communication.
    I thought it might be a great idea after all and decided to check their security protection.
    Well, it took me seconds to find that Instagram credentials were stolen by a small phishing app (link).
    The article mentions that 100,000 users were affected, not a small group.
    This means that some business ideas could be easily stolen from the cloud.

The bottom line.
    Do I trust free services and can keep up with all the security vulnerabilities?
    Nah, I'd rather use built-in services that BlackBerry phones provide out of the box.
    I don't care about NSA but I do respect my privacy.
    I think you misunderstood "used for business communication". Businesses would use it to promote themselves but nobody is storing business ideas "in the cloud" through Instagram....
    bp3dots, vrud and Moonbase0ne like this.
    12-01-13 03:17 PM

I think you misunderstood "used for business communication". Businesses would use it to promote themselves but nobody is storing business ideas "in the cloud" through Instagram....
    Thanks for clarification. I was under impression that instagram doesn't serve ads yet. There was a mentioning that the first advertising on instagram resulted in backlash from users. Anyways, I?m not that familiar with their services - patiently waiting for iGrann app to see what is it about.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 03:22 PM

I still like to do it old school. I send our plans to partners via post, so they can place it in the Shopping Windows and give the printed pieces of paper to others....

Hopefully they will not leak the information that some stuff has 30% discount..

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 03:23 PM
    But not getting Google sServices essentially makes the Android experience useless. To say that because you can run some Android apps and skin your phone to make it look like an Android phone doesn't make a Blackberry phone a better Android experience by any way shape or form. It would be like saying "I put the hub on an Android phone so therefore I have a better Blackberry than Blackberry." There is much more to Android that just a few apps and eye candy.
    If getting a BlackBerry device for its strong points which are plenty and important factors and marrying the apps that maybe missing for certain users on the platform ,it certainly means that BB10 is superior. As for taking the Hub and applying it to Android to better the Android experience it would take more than just that to better that experience. The same way you think that there is more to Android, the same would apply for QNX on BlackBerry. The recent introduction on 10.2.1 leaks and all the controversy with respect to "piracy" etc by virtue of allowing these Android apps to work on the BlackBerry platform,means that others are now seeing the Still Evolving OS(BB10) to be a real competitor.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 03:25 PM
    Thanks for clarification. I was under impression that instagram doesn't serve ads yet. There was a mentioning that the first advertising on instagram resulted in backlash from users. Anyways, I?m not that familiar with their services - patiently waiting for iGrann app to see what is it about.

Posted via CB10
    The cool thing about Instagram for me anyway, is that while some use it to follow friends, celebrities etc., I use it to follow my favorite car manufacturers, performance tuners and drivers. Companies such as Ford, Volvo, Mercedes for example have really embraced it and post some nice pictures and videos.
    12-01-13 03:32 PM
    If getting a BlackBerry device for its strong points which are plenty and important factors and marrying the apps that maybe missing for certain users on the platform ,it certainly means that BB10 is superior. As for taking the Hub and applying it to Android to better the Android experience it would take more than just that to better that experience. The same way you think that there is more to Android, the same would apply for QNX on BlackBerry. The recent introduction on 10.2.1 leaks and all the controversy with respect to "piracy" etc by virtue of allowing these Android apps to work on the BlackBerry platform,means that others are now seeing the Still Evolving OS(BB10) to be a real competitor.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 03:34 PM
    Why not make a sister thread for this on Android Central?
    The majority of Android fans don't care about Blackberry. Just like iPhone fans don't care about Android. Furthermore, most know little/nothing about BB10.

Threads like "BB10 vs Android" are only relevant when the user is, in fact, insecure that their choice isn't better than the competition. Android fans are confident Android is better than BB10 and iPhone fans are even more confident that iOS is better than Android or BB10 so these debates don't really hold their interest.

It's like Berkeley vs. Stanford debates. Stanford is so much better than Berkeley that its students don't even bother with it. The only students that bring it up are Berkeley kids to try to convince themselves they are as good as Stanford.
    12-01-13 03:40 PM
    Android fans are confident Android is better than BB10 and iPhone fans are even more confident that iOS is better than Android or BB10 so these debates don't really hold their interest.
    Nice blanket statement I've converted clear iPhone fanatics to BB10 and just recently a Chinese girl that loves her Q10. So your argument falls apart. Yes even android fanatics have been converted to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and RedFoxOne like this.
    12-01-13 03:53 PM
    Nice blanket statement I've converted clear iPhone fanatics to BB10 and just recently a Chinese girl that loves her Q10. So your argument falls apart. Yes even android fanatics have been converted to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Come on Dave, because a few people have been converted you speak for the masses? How many people have been converted away from Blackberry 10
    Or tried it and hated it and went to another OS. This holds true for every platform and Blackberry isn't the only one "converting" users.
    Saiga likes this.
    12-01-13 04:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    There will always be exceptions...like for example, I'm down here in Texas and have yet to spot a BB10 device at all...I mean not a single one in the wild...not in a social setting, not in corporate settings. Even at work, people with work issued phones still have old bb devices.
    12-01-13 04:19 PM
    Oh it ran on PlayBook but it was not satisfactory performance according to what Thor said.

Posted via CB10
    See that's what's fishy. The Dev Alpha A and 4G LTE PlayBook have nearly identical specs...

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:31 PM
    Malware....lol here we go again. Not saying it's not possible but I know not one friend who has experienced a problem with Malware on android
    It's not your fault, you've taken the time to experience other platforms. If you had used nothing but BB products your whole life with zero experience with the Android platform, every Android user you are aware of (usually with 6 degrees of separation) will have suffered dire consequences due to malware and virii. The malware/virus developers purposely code it that way.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-01-13 04:51 PM
    There will always be exceptions...like for example, I'm down here in Texas and have yet to spot a BB10 device at all...I mean not a single one in the wild...not in a social setting, not in corporate settings. Even at work, people with work issued phones still have old bb devices.
    Same for me..... sadly....

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:51 PM
    I think I've seen around five Zs in the wild and two Qs.
    12-01-13 04:53 PM
    The majority of Android fans don't care about Blackberry. Just like iPhone fans don't care about Android. Furthermore, most know little/nothing about BB10.

Threads like "BB10 vs Android" are only relevant when the user is, in fact, insecure that their choice isn't better than the competition. Android fans are confident Android is better than BB10 and iPhone fans are even more confident that iOS is better than Android or BB10 so these debates don't really hold their interest.

It's like Berkeley vs. Stanford debates. Stanford is so much better than Berkeley that its students don't even bother with it. The only students that bring it up are Berkeley kids to try to convince themselves they are as good as Stanford.
    Lol, are all Android users as condescending as your post implies? I wonder if it isn't a reflection of your own insecurity. I think it would be interesting for the debate to take place on another forum. I could care less who You perceive is the winner

12-01-13 04:53 PM

Stanford sucks.
    12-01-13 04:55 PM
    Lol, are all Android users as condescending as your post implies? I wonder if it isn't a reflection of your own insecurity. I think it would be interesting for the debate to take place on another forum. I could care less who You perceive is the winner

I didn't see anything condescending in that post you quoted. He basically just said... users of other platforms really don't care. They don't meet people using competing platforms in public and spark up a debate. Which... for the most part (after all, there will always be the occasional anomaly) is true.
    12-01-13 04:56 PM
    I didn't see anything condescending in that post you quoted. He basically just said... users of other platforms really don't care. They don't meet people using competing platforms in public and spark up a debate. Which... for the most part (after all, there will always be the occasional anomaly) is true.
    I couldn't care less either.... but somehow we BlackBerry fellows read so much about them in our forum that we start to care....

Hopefully we have not been the only source for BlackBerry in regards to information about other devices.....

On the other hand.... It might explain a lot

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:04 PM
    Stanford sucks.
    I had no Idea you're ginger. *offers Guinness*

We are rumoured to be an endangered species....Could this be the reason we like BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:06 PM
    So my Z10 is in for repair and I've been rocking a HTC one for about a week and without talking about hardware just about the OS and apps. At first I liked being able to customize the OS and add widgets and the different skins and what not, but that quickly wore off and it just seems very cluttered with widgets. I don't find them useful at all, except maybe the weather. There's definitely more apps for Android and many are better quality. What really sets it apart is the Hub, notifications on Android are a pain, their all over the place. TBH BB10 is just a better experience for me cause I use my phone for messaging, email, browsing and BB10 excels. I could go on and on.

Ps the HTC One is some sweet hardware
    12-01-13 05:29 PM
436 ... 1011121314 ...