The fact that something can do the same thing, doesn't mean is equaly better... you can go from London to Moscow either in a bus or a plane, like you say "no problem", you will arrive in either, but it doesn't mean it is as good.... with recent android apps on BB there's not much you can't do... but then, there's always something that a BB can't do that iphone/android does and vice versa... They are differentiation factors, each ones, choses what they need (well not always)

What makes me thinking is that you have a BB, your friend's phones can text as good as you do, and do everything AND MORE than you do... and probably their phones are chaper androids... why did you bought a BB? because you wanted to spend more in a phone that only does less that other phones? was it a gift that you had to accept?

And by the way, despite the news of the possibility of Z30 inventory write off, and the announce of fiscal results in December wich is bad news, BBRY shares climbed the whole week... so might not be so dead after all
    precisely, i think the point here is that.. blackberry is the bus compared to the plane. i completely disagree with your next statement about there is much you cant do with the new android apk implementation. well actually there is loads. Very few of the apps that I have encuntered work well. The rest either crash at the splash screen, have bloated screens, have half functionality and none have push notifications. why settle for a mediocre service? this is an awful solution to the app gap. its not actually a solution, its a way of keeping the blackberry users with blackberry, cos new people definetely wont be accepting this.. this wont be the reason they jump ship from their ios/android to blackberry.

their phones are mixture of the expensive/cheaper android handsets and iphones... from the iphone 3-5. I was blackberry since the beggining, and decided to give blackberry a second a chance, i foolishly thought they would catch up to the app game.. but i was wrong, and in my admission that was a huge mistake as i still have a full year with this phone. its a great os though dont get me wrong, and the hub is great!!!.. but the rest... well, the rest (android and ios) can do perfectly PLUS more.

My main response thogh was tht you made the statement 'how good and efortless they are to comunicate' and 'we have been going backwards'

Come on now, you cant be serious can you?
    12-01-13 12:13 PM
    I'm happy to know you find humor In my post.In some instances it does, however perhaps you didn't understand my post, I'm saying essentially for those avid users of Android who appreciate the communication ability of BlackBerry this would be a better choice as you get the best of both worlds. Comprenez-vous?

Posted via CB10
    No you don't get the best if both worlds. You can use some apps and widgets and skin it to look like Android but the best of Android is the integrated Google Services which you do not get which takes away from the whole Android experience.
    12-01-13 12:13 PM
    In my opinion, a more interesting topic is BlackBerry 10 vs Iphone
    12-01-13 12:15 PM
    In my opinion, a more interesting topic is BlackBerry 10 vs Iphone
    Link the thread here then

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:17 PM
    Each platform has its strengths. Apple has superior app quality, and possible quantity, and superior customer service and support. Android has the value, large device selection, and huge app catalog covered. BlackBerry has strongest integrated communications, and hopefully soon easy access to most Android Apps (it isn't there yet and downloading Chinese app stores with questionable practices is not a solution). WP8 has the tighter integration with MS Office and Windows (not advantage to me as I detest Windows and use OS X, but advantage for others). People will pick what is best for them. Some people will be swayed by carrier store people to other devices or values.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:18 PM
    No you don't get the best if both worlds. You can use some apps and widgets and skin it to look like Android but the best of Android is the integrated Google Services which you do not get which takes away from the whole Android experience.
    It would all depend on the users priority or needs no? If one wants an full Android experience they get a full Android device, for those who prefer the BB10 experience principally it's a perfect marriage. And would give BlackBerry the advantage due to its inherent capabilities i.e.security ,Hub etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:19 PM
    I'd consider both to be customizing.
    I named three things. And I personally only consider two of them customizing. Well I'll also count widgets. So that's 3 of 4.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 12:23 PM
    This is about PURE gesture based navigation. No home / back button required

Allows for a more stream lined and quicker means of navigation. Time is precious. Especially while heavily communicating

Posted via CB10
    I've been using gestures for navigation on my Macbook for years so I wouldn't necessarily call BB10 gestures revolutionary. It's simply the approach they took to stand out. I loved it, aside from the landscape issue mentioned earlier, but using a home button isn't that less efficient. Now, double clicking the home button to get recent apps sucked but I believe iOS has addressed that.
    12-01-13 12:23 PM
    I've been using gestures for navigation on my Macbook for years so I wouldn't necessarily call BB10 gestures revolutionary. It's simply the approach they took to stand out. I loved it, aside from the landscape issue mentioned earlier, but using a home button isn't that less efficient. Now, double clicking the home button to get recent apps sucked but I believe iOS has addressed that.
    Nope its still like that on IOS

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:26 PM
    I just do not like android. i just cannot bring myself to buy android tablet. i just returned another one. This time Asus memopad 8. slow as hell. i just tink blackberry with unlocked 10.2.1 runtime is way better solution.
    12-01-13 12:30 PM
    Im wondering was is the ROI for BB using Android runtime on their phones? Or ROI with all those Android apps running on their phones? Theres no reason to visit BB world. Right?
    12-01-13 12:31 PM
    Yeah but,.. Sad part is that most people who purchase Android or IOS don't know how to use but a very small portion of whats there. Whether it has power or not! Blackberry owners take it to the next level and completely use the mobile computing platform to there advantage. ie I connect mouse, keyboard, monitor, and a usb hardrive to my Blackberry and complete alot of work. It really depends on what a person purchases it for. Mines Mobile office and more! Catch up Android, used them all and Blackberry tops the chart for my PC business! IMHO!
    The dev community for android and iOS shames blackberry to the nth degree.

BTW android had hdmi output waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before BB.

IMHO, you are clueless.
    12-01-13 12:32 PM
    It would all depend on the users priority or needs no? If one wants an full Android experience they get a full Android device, for those who prefer the BB10 experience principally it's a perfect marriage. And would give BlackBerry the advantage due to its inherent capabilities i.e.security ,Hub etc.

Posted via CB10
    But not getting Google sServices essentially makes the Android experience useless. To say that because you can run some Android apps and skin your phone to make it look like an Android phone doesn't make a Blackberry phone a better Android experience by any way shape or form. It would be like saying "I put the hub on an Android phone so therefore I have a better Blackberry than Blackberry." There is much more to Android that just a few apps and eye candy.
    Saiga likes this.
    12-01-13 12:33 PM
    I just do not like android. i just cannot bring myself to buy android tablet. i just returned another one. This time Asus memopad 8. slow as hell. i just tink blackberry with unlocked 10.2.1 runtime is way better solution.
    Look at what you are buying though. If you buy a cheap/junk Android tablet then you should expect it to perform like a cheap piece of junk. If you spend a little money and buy a higher end tablet you would find the experience much different.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    12-01-13 12:35 PM
    Advantage BlackBerry 10:

Hub
    Keyboard
    Smoothness of the OS
    File management
    Full BBM integration for video chat, wife calling, etc
    Browser design and layout(yes I find it better than chrome.

Advantage Android:

Ability to swipe from lock screen notifications right into message
    Multiple vendors ranging from low end to very high end
    Highest specs available
    Tons of carrier support
    Tons of app support
    What I believe is true multitasking with split screen

Posted via CB10
    BB keyboard is not an advantage. It's a feature. Some people like other keyboards (although I happen to love the z10 keyboard) Now the ability to pick your favourite keyboard like you can with Android is an advantage.

If you are going to use full featured BBM as and advantage for BB, make sure to list full features Hangouts for Android, and Facetime/Imessenger for Apple.

Like I said before, those are feature sets, not advantages. The hub is a feature. Some like it, some don't. You have to take that feature and turn it into something EVERYONE can appreciate over the alternatives before it becomes a global advantage. Until then, it's just something you prefer.
    12-01-13 12:36 PM
    Of course its slow with 1gb of RAM. What did you expect? lol.
    Try bb10 on playbook with 1gb of RAM...oh wait, thats not even possible. Oops.
    12-01-13 12:39 PM
    Of course its slow with 1gb of RAM. What did you expect? lol.
    Try bb10 on playbook with 1gb of RAM...oh wait, thats not even possible. Oops.
    Dev alpha. Look it up

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:40 PM
    But not getting Google sServices essentially makes the Android experience useless. To say that because you can run some Android apps and skin your phone to make it look like an Android phone doesn't make a Blackberry phone a better Android experience by any way shape or form. It would be like saying "I put the hub on an Android phone so therefore I have a better Blackberry than Blackberry." There is much more to Android that just a few apps and eye candy.
    QFT

Your comment, while completely accurate, won't change anything. Folks here will continue to post things like "Better Android than Android" and I will continue to laugh inside at them each time they do. It is what it is and sadly, being a weird hybrid of Android seems to be all BlackBerry 10 has going for it at the moment.
    12-01-13 12:41 PM
    QFT

Your comment, while completely accurate, won't change anything. Folks here will continue to post things like "Better Android than Android" and I will continue to laugh inside at them each time they do. It is what it is.
    The same way I laugh at people that think android is superior to bb10 so join the club.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and RedFoxOne like this.
    12-01-13 12:42 PM
    Dev alpha. Look it up

Posted via CB10
    Heins comments, look it up. You calling BlackBerry liars? rofl
    Saiga likes this.
    12-01-13 12:44 PM
    Dev alpha. Look it up

Posted via CB10
    I know this is beside the point, but this is something that has been bugging me. How the hell could they get BB10 running on a Dev Alpha A with 1 GB of ram and not a PlayBook? Also, how is it possible For it to run at all on a Dev Alpha A when BB10 takes up more than a GB of ram on my Z10 easily? It's all pretty suspicious especially when he consider the Dev Alpha B and C came with 2 GB of ram

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    12-01-13 12:44 PM
    Heins comments, look it up. You calling BlackBerry liars? rofl
    Heins isn't a engineer I'd like to see real people with the real skills show us the truth. And the Dev alpha runs the same hardware as a PlayBook and runs BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:46 PM
    It will run, but if there is too much demand - for instance too many Web pages open at once, the system will start shutting things down. I've seen it happen on a 1GB Q10.
    12-01-13 12:46 PM
    I know this is beside the point, but this is something that has been bugging me. How the hell could they get BB10 running on a Dev Alpha A with 1 GB of ram and not a PlayBook? Also, how is it possible For it to run at all on a Dev Alpha A when BB10 takes up more than a GB of ram on my Z10 easily? It's all pretty suspicious especially when he consider the Dev Alpha B and C came with 2 GB of ram

Posted via CB10
    Oh it ran on PlayBook but it was not satisfactory performance according to what Thor said.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-01-13 12:47 PM
    The only way to objectively settle the score is to remove third party apps as any form of criteria for comparing the two. BlackBerry is not responsible for third party apps and neither is Google.

So removing that BlackBerry wins hands down. I don't even need to support or defend that statement.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:49 PM
436 ... 89101112 ...