wow...Good thing I didn't come to this thread to read 6 pages of mindless griping...oh wait.

Yet another stupid thread on this topic where facts aren't actually brought to the table. Instead, fanboi's go on their rants from different platforms bashing each other.

I'm not sure if I should even bother actually bringing facts to this thread because as with most other threads I've engaged in, I bring an objective view with supporting facts. For instance, in the "This is true multi-tasking!" thread, I posted the following with some facts and my opinion on these:

Wow I can't believe I read through the entire thread...

I'm way too tired/lazy/indifferent to explain the differences between the specific types of "multitasking" performed by the different OS's.

Basically the new Android apps CAN BE PROGRAMMED to multitask and run in the background...similar story with iOS. Native BB10 apps do this (for the most part) by default with some limitations owing to the lack of the Headless Apps feature.

Either way, I'm glad the OP had a great experience with his device

I personally quite like my fianc�e's S4 but prefer my Zed.

It is all a personal thing.

Android have done well to respond to the multitasking of the playbook with their newer OS's despite some of the technical setbacks. From a technical point of view, the QNX system does perform multitasking like Windows does which is why they claim "Real" multitasking whereas Android and iOS don't.

Either way, let's stop the fighting on here...it is really irrelevant since it seems that Android has worked around their OS multi-thread processing issues and users are able to experience multitasking for the most part. Both Android and BB10 can multitask quite well...sorry iOS. haha JK!
    Subsequently, this was mostly ignored and the people went on to argue the same points over and over even though I had said the above. Later on, I actually brought in all the technical facts surrounding how each OS managed this and I was met with the same apparent indifference.

So instead, I'm going to just be biased like everybody else; because apparently nobody cares about actual facts, they just want to bicker.

The Samsung GS4 is the worst phone in the universe...LOL Android sucks! WTF are 1bn people thinking?!?! It's obvious that the Curve 8520 is the mostest innovative device in the whole wide world!

If people want, I will actually start bringing facts to this thread or we can all just sit here and bicker like 12-year-olds. PS - I'm 24 and male, before I get called an old fart who just complains. As I told my fianc�e last night: "It's not my fault that people don't live up to my standards...I just want to help them get up there. Nobody improves without criticism. That is the point of criticism,"

EDIT: Oh wait, no I remember that I removed all the facts from that thread because it was pointless...
    Last edited by Nharzhool; 11-30-13 at 11:59 PM.
    11-30-13 11:49 PM
    One platform is not inherently "better" than another; only what is best for one's needs . . Buy what you like and let other people buy what they like. OP sounds like some playground bully coming in to kick sand and stir up trouble.

If you like it, buy it and enjoy it, and let others do the same
    back in the day to be a bully you had to be tough or at least appear to be tough...what happened? everyone so soft now-a simple post by the OP is now equated to being a bully.....thats being lame
    11-30-13 11:50 PM
    My nexus 5 has 3 buttons, my z10 has 4...uh oh, buttons are bad right?

Prosumer
    Mobile Computing
    Peek and flow
    Fluid graphics
    QNX
    No back button
    etc...

They are all courtesy of the same marketing department that people who declare these as benifits, vilify for being ineffective. Half the people that bring up qnx probably have no idea what it is.

These are features, not advantages or benefits. It's up to the particular user to determine if the feature is an advantage or not, and that depends on personal preference.

A larger app selection is an advantage. Stronger security is an advantage. Expandable memory is an advantage. No back button is a design characteristic, not an advantage. I doubt anyone before the z10 came out was ever saying "geez I really love this phone, just wish it didn't have a home button."
    11-30-13 11:52 PM
    For the record, I never once said or in any way implied that sales equal quality. I only pointed out the fact that BlackBerry 10, up to this point has been a complete commercial failure. And I think we can all agree that that is a fact of the situation. After all, BlackBerry is now in debt thanks almost soley to their 3 billion dollar mistake.

This thread is supposed to be about facts isn't it?
    It cannot be disputed that BB10 is a failure. That is absolute fact. Plenty of us may love the OS, but it's a flop and it's not going to save BlackBerry.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-01-13 12:21 AM
    It's a flop because it was poorly marketed... If you think going full android will save them or sticking to BB7 you are wrong... Like Steve Jobs said " people don't know what they want " so BlackBerry needs to get back to proper effective marketing...

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:45 AM
    It cannot be disputed that BB10 is a failure. That is absolute fact. Plenty of us may love the OS, but it's a flop and it's not going to save BlackBerry.
    that's more of an opinion.

Are you going to say that any BB10 devices sold, adding on to the numbers already sold, is a failure? Sure, numbers have it that it doesn't sell well. That is a fact. But how does that translate itself as a failure? Opinionated as failure, yes. Fact? No. I do remember when some of the people here were even making bolder claims, that BB10 would not even make it past the launch, and yet have the audicity to continue spewing off opinions of 'impending doom' post launch and trying to pass them off (and still passing them off) as failures.

Strongly opinionated as a failure? I can agree, keyword: can. Passing that as a fact? Hell no.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-01-13 12:48 AM
    Sales do not equal quality.

Just because android or iOS has most sales doesn't mean they are the best. Etc. etc.
    Nice theory but given how gigantic a failure BB10 is at this time, it doesn't really matter if BB10 is the absolute bestest OS ever made and could bake a cake, drive a car and launch a space shuttle, the fact of the matter is that trying to compare an OS that has, at most, a 1.7% marketshare (likely far less since the BB number includes BB7 devices which means a marketshare of less than 1% for BB10 alone) with Android or iOS is both a little presumptuous and somewhat desperate.
    12-01-13 12:52 AM

Are you going to say that any BB10 devices sold, adding on to the numbers already sold, is a failure? Sure, numbers have it that it doesn't sell well. That is a fact. But how does that translate itself as a failure? Opinionated as failure, yes. Fact? No. I do remember when some of the people here were even making bolder claims, that BB10 would not even make it past the launch, and yet have the audicity to continue spewing off opinions of 'impending doom' post launch and trying to pass them off (and still passing them off) as failures.

Strongly opinionated as a failure? I can agree, keyword: can. Passing that as a fact? Hell no.
    $1 Billion dollars in unsold stock. They obviously expected to sell them, BB10 didn't meet the companies own sales expectations, we're almost a year into it, it's not picking up. It's the very definition of failure / flop. Not only is it not getting better, it's getting quite a bit worse. Most carriers aren't even offering the Z30. The flagship BB10 device is now the least selling (that's speculation obviously until we see numbers, but there is no possible way it's selling well) Carriers have basically given up on the platform. T-Mobile reps I've spoken to at my local store say they've been told they're phasing BB out altogether, trying to sell what inventory they have online only. The Z10 can be gotten brand new on craigslist in a box sealed, unlocked for $150. If you can show me one single note of "this isn't a flop" I'll consider it. The company couldn't even sell itself after the "turnaround" C'mon man. It's a flop. I'm not saying it's game over, I actually desperately hope they hang on, I don't want the OS to go away, I like it. I like it a lot. Reality is tough though, and that reality is that this OS didn't come anywhere in the realm of expectations.
    Saiga, kbz1960, RazrRob and 1 others like this.
    12-01-13 01:20 AM
    Which Android phone is the best right now?
    The note 3 in my opinion.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-01-13 02:29 AM
    Sales do not equal quality.

Just because android or iOS has most sales doesn't mean they are the best. Etc. etc.
    This is true. ......You can make a lot of babies,but that doesn't make you a daddy.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-01-13 02:30 AM
    Shenanigans. Pure and simple...shenanigans.
    exactly, if androids ui was so complicated and confusing as a lot of BB fans made as an argument against android how come they so easily and quickly downloaded launchers to try on bb10 and set them up including widgets very quickly? cant be that complicated or extremely long to set up its simple and quick, even my mother has her calendar set up with her fav apps and newsfeed widgets on her android with large text enabled by herself and this is a woman who is dyslexic and unused to technology besides dumbphones and laptops
    12-01-13 03:03 AM
    Hook all those components up to any older Android and tell me what happens!! Or any new android and tell me what happens!! They didn't catch up they had it all along. Just applying the right innovative steps to there OS! Ive had a Android S4 tried it and it bottle necked. My Z30 Rocks.
    bottlenecked? needs a $99 dock, what like this? (note 2 has worse specs than s4)

vs this

Saiga likes this.
    12-01-13 03:27 AM
    [re: gestures versus physical home buttons] Yeah... Not really. There's nothing revolutionary about [gestures]. Revolutionary would infer that [swiping up versus a physical home button] is an improvement.
    SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    All I know is that -- without thinking -- I always instinctively try to "swipe up" on literally every non-BB touch screen device I use. And when it doesn't work, it feels limiting. That says a lot as to me about how 'natural' an idea this is. For me, bezel-gestures are the logical continuation of the "touch interface" revolution.

Let's face it: There is no need for a physical "home" button. Home buttons seem extremely antiquated to me now. This is of course just my opinion, but -- for me -- its hard to go back to a physical home button. There is no reason to have one anymore. A better idea has been invented.
    12-01-13 03:33 AM
    android outsells bb10. Fact
    12-01-13 04:03 AM
    Selection and Specs Jump from model to model are keys for me. I can change from LG to Samsung to Sony to Nexus every contract and still have my base android experience. BB10 the limited selection and slow churn of new models seems constricting and quite frankly boring. I'm pretty much stuck to what BB10 offers in the next model.
    As a total phone junkie, I totally agree with you here. It was what, two years between the 9900 and the Z10? Think of everything that was released in that time frame.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    12-01-13 04:11 AM
    BB10 you can text and listen to music at the same time. The S4 music stops when you text. BB10 true multitasking.
    12-01-13 05:51 AM
    $1 Billion dollars in unsold stock. They obviously expected to sell them, BB10 didn't meet the companies own sales expectations, we're almost a year into it, it's not picking up. It's the very definition of failure / flop. Not only is it not getting better, it's getting quite a bit worse. Most carriers aren't even offering the Z30. The flagship BB10 device is now the least selling (that's speculation obviously until we see numbers, but there is no possible way it's selling well) Carriers have basically given up on the platform. T-Mobile reps I've spoken to at my local store say they've been told they're phasing BB out altogether, trying to sell what inventory they have online only. The Z10 can be gotten brand new on craigslist in a box sealed, unlocked for $150. If you can show me one single note of "this isn't a flop" I'll consider it. The company couldn't even sell itself after the "turnaround" C'mon man. It's a flop. I'm not saying it's game over, I actually desperately hope they hang on, I don't want the OS to go away, I like it. I like it a lot. Reality is tough though, and that reality is that this OS didn't come anywhere in the realm of expectations.
    Tell me how is it worse, when, despite the numbers hold in stock, that you claim unsellable, are getting sold, one by one (that's awfully slow for a tech company). Its bad, yes. But i'm actually surprised that despite that, its getting sold, little by little.
    12-01-13 05:58 AM
    While I also love the gestures of BB10 the whole "no home button is better" argument is ridiculous. Swiping the screen and tapping a button are BOTH an action. There isn't time savings because each of them is an action that needs to be done in order to operate the OS. If you are talking about unlocking the screen with one swipe vs using a home button you might save a millisecond that won't add up to anything over the course of a day. I realize I'll be met by some with the statement of "those seconds add up over the day and I need those milliseconds", which is complete nonsense.

Besides that, with the case of the Z10, read around that forum about how to save the battery. Because of the poor battery life of the Z10 all the battery savings tips will tell you to turn off the swipe to unlock feature because it's such a battery drain. I'm sure it's not the case with the Q10 and Z30 but it's definitely what many people do with their Z10's to save battery so that gesture goes out the window anyway.
    12-01-13 06:42 AM
    The thread is about BB10 VS Android, which is better using facts. Sales have nothing to do with quality so even though they are facts they shouldn't e mentioned here.

I have a few facts.

On Android, generally speaking, non Nexus phones, which are virtually all of them, get one update and it takes forever, few get two, it also takes forever and it usually has problems, some get none.

On BB10, as long as the device has the specs, every phone will get the update.

Also, when comparing these two operating systems, you have to compare them themselves, not what Samsung adds exclusively to one of their phones or what a 3rd party app does.
    12-01-13 06:42 AM
    BB10 you can text and listen to music at the same time. The S4 music stops when you text. BB10 true multitasking.
    Ya you know, split screen and things.... /s

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:47 AM
    Ya you know, split screen and things.... /s

Posted via CB10
    But I thought that isn't a universal Android feature, no?
    12-01-13 06:51 AM

The company lost money on BB10. It's definitely a failure.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    12-01-13 07:01 AM
    The thread is about BB10 VS Android, which is better using facts. Sales have nothing to do with quality so even though they are facts they shouldn't e mentioned here.

I have a few facts.

On Android, generally speaking, non Nexus phones, which are virtually all of them, get one update and it takes forever, few get two, it also takes forever and it usually has problems, some get none.

Also, when comparing these two operating systems, you have to compare them themselves, not what Samsung adds exclusively to one of their phones or what a 3rd party app does.
    yeah same spec, ,look at USA even 10.2 not arrive yet Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:04 AM
    The company lost money on BB10. It's definitely a failure.

at the moment if you sum up the entire BB10 line up, yeah. I can agree. Like I said much earlier, I can agree that at the moment, it is opionated as a failure. But if it keeps selling and is able to keep the company afloat, by all means in my opinion BB10 has saved the company enough to say "BB10 did save the company from the so called impending doom back in 2011-2012 era of transition".
    12-01-13 07:09 AM

I have a few facts.

The same can be said about Blackberry. Playbook owners got the short end up the deal, not to mention OS 6/7 owners.

Rello likes this.
    12-01-13 07:09 AM
436 ... 56789 ...