Just wanted to pass along a rumor from our Verizon rep. The credible part of this is that I work for a large international company that has a BES, so there is reason for him to know/talk Blackberry. However at the end of the day, it is just a Business Rep passing information along, so please take it with a grain of salt. Anyway, I spent some time with our Verizon rep and was asking him about BB10 on Verizon. He mentioned they have a new Blackberry coming out that he has seen and had the chance to hold. He specifically mentioned the keyboard. He said he thought it was a little longer and thinner than the 9930. This is from feel. He did not mention the all touchscreen version.

Anyway, all or none of this could be true. I am hoping all carriers get both devices at launch. I think it will be good for Blackberry and where Nokia and Windows Phone are failing. I am personally probably more likely to get the N series, but with the L-series looking as sharp as it does, I would like the option to choose or own both for that matter.

Again, just passing the conversation along.
    01-01-13 12:46 PM
    But did he say when???
    01-01-13 12:47 PM
    interesting tidbit.....hope its true
    01-01-13 01:09 PM
    But did he say when???
    He didn't know, but typically he didn't even know about the January 30th event. I think he genuinely has seen the device, but aside from that he was pretty clueless. As a Verizon customer, my concern was we wouldn't be seeing these at all, so at least there is some hope.
    01-01-13 01:10 PM
    Agreed. I got the same info from the VZW people with whom I spoke. Thanks for the info. I can appreciate the need for secrecy but I would love to at least see a pre-order like Rogers in Canada.
    01-01-13 01:14 PM
    Verizon is onboard is what I gather from all the information that is out there and that puts them in a good position compared to Sprint and US Cellular (the other big CDMA providers), as it looks like the both of them are taking a wait and see appoarch on BB10, which means that Verizon may end up with some customers from Sprint and US Cellular who are looking for BB10 at launch.

I would say check back with your Verizon rep about 1 week or 2 weeks before Jan 30, as they will more than likely have more information then as they will have to start gearing up to make that sale of new BES licenses to support the new BB10 phones.
    01-01-13 01:25 PM
    I could believe that, after all launch is only a month away... I hope t-mobile carries both devices
    01-01-13 01:29 PM
    OP. What were his comments regards to how his BB10 experience was? Any info earns you an "atttttta boy"
    01-01-13 01:53 PM