Ok so I have to start off by saying as soon as wp8 comes out that's the phone I'm getting for myself. But I'm all a OS for each individual person so my gf is really looking forward to getting a new full screen blackberry phone. She had an og storm and really enjoyed it. But it towards the end of its life really got messed up so she moved on to the iphone 4. Well she hasn't really liked the iphone so was looking to get back to a blackberry and her contract is up in out. So I'm having her hold off getting a new phone till BB10 comes out with a new phone comes to verizon. That being said and like I said at the start I am getting a wp8 phone I was at the wpcentral forums and ran across someone sounding like they worked for verizon saying this.

"I was kind of looking forward to BB10 as well, but I don't think Verizon will be a launch partner, if we even carry another BB ever again. We've been very clear both internally and to the media that we want 3 operating systems and WP8 has been chosen" from Honestabebread.

So I thought I'd come here and see if anyone here has heard anything about verizon having a BB10 phone come launch day.

Thanks and sorry if a question like this has been asked before.
    09-03-12 08:54 PM
    Verizon employee tweeted Kevin stating Verizon will be behind BB10

Verizon will be behind BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    drjay868 likes this.
    09-03-12 09:02 PM
    we have yet to hear such a thing and they would be pretty silly not to carry a device their customers want. even if they don't push the product or have a display for them if a customer comes in and says i want a BB10 device and they don't have them why should this person stay with that carrier, they'd go to soemone that offers more and what they want
    09-03-12 09:03 PM
    OH yeah sorry I forgot I saw that post to. Sorry I saw that post and panicked. I'm really looking forward to getting her a BB10 phone. I personally think wp8 and BB10 are the best looking and more secure OS's out there and I really want both but seeing as I can only have 1 phone having my gf have the other is the next best thing. Thanks again I can get my heart rate back to normal now and spread the good word of BB10 coming to verizon on wpcentral now.
    09-03-12 09:18 PM
    My Verizon contacts have said they are going to stock BB10 devices. I have no reason to doubt them.

People like to think Verizon is ready to ditch RIM and BlackBerry, but look at the evidence. Verizon was willing to offer the Curve 9310, a device without 4G LTE. Remember Verizon famously said that they would no longer carry smartphones without 4G? They made an exception for RIM though. Why would they offer the craptastic 9310 and not offer BB10?
    09-03-12 10:47 PM
    Poor Business practice if they do not carry BB or WP... With Apple locking up Sprint with a 20 billion dollar comittment for four years... would seem silly to not have as much choice as the can... choice leads to competition... with Sprint so heaviy invested in the new Iphone... should leave room for the other carriers to offer more choices.... Besides... the carrirers are startiing to get dienchanted with Apple and are looking for more revenue streams.....
    09-03-12 10:56 PM
    That is probablly not information top brass of VZW would share with an employee. I dont ever remember VZW saying that they only wanted 3 OS either. I calling BS on the VZW employee
    09-04-12 10:18 AM
    Too many lucrative Gov contracts that require BB for Verizon not to continue to carry them.

But that doesn't mean that they will feature it in adds, or place it in the front of the store - or most importantly that sales reps will recommend them to customers that ask for advice.

I'm sure the VZW want BB10 to be a success just as much as we do. Carrier do not like having to deal with Apple, they don't like the power and control that Apple has. They would love it it BB10 or WP8 could become as popular as Android and Apple are. But they also know RIM's track recorded better than anyone else. They know how many devices are being sold, they know how many devices got returned in the first 30 Days and they know how many devices failed in the first year, and they know how many problems RIM has let slip thru the OS testing....
    09-04-12 12:46 PM
    Yeah I just freaked a little bit cause even though I'm getting a wp8 phone my gf really wants a BB10 phone and I think it'll be the best choice for my dad who has a pre 3 but soon might have to leave seeing as even hp won't support that phone anymore. But I knew the people here would have my back being one of the best communities I have ever dealt with. And yes not just blackberry communities I said best as in total.
    09-04-12 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD