View Poll Results: BB10: Touchscreen or psychical keyboard?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touchscreen; there's just no way that I'm gonna miss that big screen resolution

72 35.12%
  • Psychical keyboard; well you know, I just can't get away from the awesomeness of the 9900 keyboard

85 41.46%
  • Slider; I think I would prefer a slider for this time

48 23.41%
    I have a feeling they won't be making a Torch slider, or it will be at least a year before they do.
    08-12-12 12:22 PM
    I need the keyboard pretty badly. Right now, I have a bb9810 and a htc droid incredible 4g lte. I use the bb for all communcation, and have the droid make up the app deficiency and nav. Pretty crazy, but that is how badly I need that keyboard. To me, the 9810, is the best phone design ever made. Sure, there are things that I would change aesthetically, to make it more premium looking, as well as alter the bezel so that it does not get so scratched up all the time - but it really is the best of both worlds. Bigger screen, and keyboard when you need to bang out an email. The touchpad is key to finer control.

I would be super happy if they upgraded the internal hardware and simply out bb10 into the 9810 form factor.
    The torch was a crappy phone, and the Torch 2 was an okay phone.

The problems at first were the internals, late phone, underspeced/UI

the second phone's real problem was that after it stopped sucking, it wasn't comfy. They need to find a way to rebalance the phone for one handed usage without cramping when you hold it for long durations. Try holding the phone slid out, or sideways for 20 minutes...how do you cradle it, how many times do you change hand positions?

With the curve/bold, you don't do that, same fingers hold it the same way, all the time.
    08-12-12 12:26 PM
    The Torch is a great phone, not sure what you're going on about.

Seeing how thin everyone wants their phones to be these days, I'm not sure how else you could design the phone to be more ergonomic.
    08-12-12 12:31 PM
    I need the keyboard pretty badly. Right now, I have a bb9810 and a htc droid incredible 4g lte. I use the bb for all communcation, and have the droid make up the app deficiency and nav. Pretty crazy, but that is how badly I need that keyboard. To me, the 9810, is the best phone design ever made. Sure, there are things that I would change aesthetically, to make it more premium looking, as well as alter the bezel so that it does not get so scratched up all the time - but it really is the best of both worlds. Bigger screen, and keyboard when you need to bang out an email. The touchpad is key to finer control.

I would be super happy if they upgraded the internal hardware and simply out bb10 into the 9810 form factor.
    I agree with you 100%
    08-12-12 01:24 PM
    I'm sorry for this silly question, but I was wondering if the psychical "N" series is going to be a touchscreen as well just like the Bold 9900 or not. If so, then I guess I'll be changing my vote and it's really going to be a hard decision for me.
    09-21-12 08:28 PM
    Touch screens eat A$$. One of the main reasons they do well is simply for the visual. For some reason people that have bad eyes or wear glasses find them easier to type on.

Personally im holding holding off for a while before I put down my 9900. I love the 9900 the only things I don't like is the touch screen an battery is only a day and a bit.

I'm curious on BB10 so I can't wait...
    09-21-12 08:40 PM
    Waiting for the physical one before looking into other models.
    09-21-12 08:51 PM
    I'm sure I will be buying one of each
    09-22-12 12:17 AM
    I'm sure I will be buying one of each
    THIS!!!
    If the actual products are anything close to the rendered images, this may be the first time I've ever paid full retail for a phone. Boy I'm hoping somebody is seriously considering the Blade concept......
    09-22-12 01:16 AM
    i want the keyboard but don't know if i can wait the extra month :S. I guess ill just get them both
    09-22-12 08:03 AM
    Touch screens eat A$$. One of the main reasons they do well is simply for the visual. For some reason people that have bad eyes or wear glasses find them easier to type on.

Personally im holding holding off for a while before I put down my 9900. I love the 9900 the only things I don't like is the touch screen an battery is only a day and a bit.

I'm curious on BB10 so I can't wait...
    Why do you not like the touchscreen? It's really that big of an issue?
    09-22-12 08:07 AM
    I ll take the psychical ....no doubt
    09-22-12 08:45 AM
    the full touch!!!

im assuming the technology from the playbook will in there which is completely different to the touch on the bb smartphones, and im really getting use to the responsivness on the playbook, and typing!! and the virtual keyboard on bb10 looks orgasmic... (can i say that?)

also.. bb10 previews look awesome!! so awesome that bb10 on a smaller screen wont do it justice!

time to convert to the all touch.. l-series all the way!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-22-12 09:28 AM
    the full touch!!!

im assuming the technology from the playbook will in there which is completely different to the touch on the bb smartphones, and im really getting use to the responsivness on the playbook, and typing!! and the virtual keyboard on bb10 looks orgasmic... (can i say that?)

also.. bb10 previews look awesome!! so awesome that bb10 on a smaller screen wont do it justice!

time to convert to the all touch.. l-series all the way!

So I guess we both are the very same, huh.
    09-22-12 01:44 PM
    Why do you not like the touchscreen? It's really that big of an issue?
    I just don't find touch screens necessary on a phone. They are a pain to type while driving. The last year or so I started keeping my blackberrys in holsters but before that I would always mistakenly change settings or mess up calls if phone touched my cheek.

I have and use 9900,9860,9790 & 9320....

I just find that with the 9900 & 9790 I never use the touch screen and maybe it would improve the battery if they were not touch.

I'm not complaining just could do without the touch screen...
    09-23-12 11:19 PM
    Typing while driving?! Serious?!

09-23-12 11:22 PM
    Touchscreen on BB10 looks fantastic. The predicting text feature is great, but how does that integrate with a physical keyboard? I have a PB for gaming. So I guess I get the touch screen with the physical keyboard. Form factor of the Bold is important for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 01:11 AM
    I'll definitely get the KB version. The keyboard is the number one reason I have a Bold 9900.

Posted from My Mobile App
    JR A likes this.
    09-24-12 01:14 AM
    Definitely keyboard
    09-24-12 03:25 PM
    I'm going to buy the touchscreen but I'd drop it in a heartbeat for a slider.

I just don't know that I can ever go back to the smaller screen, even for a big physical keyboard.
    09-24-12 03:30 PM
    Now what if the N series will no longer provide the trackpad just the keyboard as you have seen those concept images of the new Bold floating around. What would you do next I wonder?
    09-24-12 06:55 PM
    Now what if the N series will no longer provide the trackpad just the keyboard as you have seen those concept images of the new Bold floating around. What would you do next I wonder?

I believe, like the 9900 it has a touch screen, so a trackpad isn't needed. But a trackpad would be good to have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 07:00 PM
    I like having multiple languages and so many symbols. The 30-60wpm I get on a touchscreen is good enough for me.
    09-24-12 08:02 PM
    keyboard version.

i love my bb bold 9900 keyboard.

09-24-12 09:05 PM
    If they came up with a BB10 phone exactly like the BB Bold 9900 , I would get it in a heartbeat.

09-24-12 10:42 PM
112 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD