View Poll Results: BB10: Touchscreen or psychical keyboard?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touchscreen; there's just no way that I'm gonna miss that big screen resolution

72 35.12%
  • Psychical keyboard; well you know, I just can't get away from the awesomeness of the 9900 keyboard

85 41.46%
  • Slider; I think I would prefer a slider for this time

48 23.41%
    I'm planning on getting the keyboard and leaving anything that needs a big touchscreen for my PB, perfect combo!
    Last edited by LeSteven; 07-03-12 at 10:57 PM.
    Revampd likes this.
    07-03-12 10:53 PM
    Idc at this point anymore, but I'm leaning more towards the full touch for some reason.
    I always said I'd wait for a physical keyboard BB10 but the touch screen keyboard looks nice & I'd like to try it lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 11:19 PM
    I voted physical keyboard, and will likely get the "Nevada", but I will try out the touchscreen keyboard on the "London" to see if RIM really has created a better touchscreen keyboard.
    07-03-12 11:32 PM
    Being a bold user and having the 9900 currently. I am getting the BB10 Touchscreen and saying good bye to qwerty keyboards.
    07-03-12 11:35 PM
    All this talk about BB10 makes me feel like a teenage boy just about to touch his first booby..................I said booby.....he he
    07-03-12 11:44 PM
    I am still undecided at this point.

I've always disliked touchscreen phones and I love the keyboard on my 9900. However, the downside to having such an amazing keyboard would be the size of the phone. I have small hands and the size of the 9900 makes it hard for me to type with one hand, especially when I have my hands full.

I trust that RIM will come out with an good virtual keyboard and I might try the first BB10 touchscreen phone if I like the size of it.
    Last edited by .pinkberry; 07-04-12 at 11:55 AM.
    07-04-12 12:10 AM
    I am still undecided at this point.

I've always disliked touchscreen phones and I love the keyboard on my 9900. However, the downside to having such an amazing keyboard would be the size of the phone. I have small hands and the size of the 9900 makes it hard for me to type with one hand, especially when I have my hands full.

I trust that RIM will come out with an good virtual keyboard and if I might try the first BB10 touchscreen phone if I like the size of it.
    Do give it a spin. I found one good point about having such a large screen on touch devices makes them really great for browsing the Web. Meld these benefits with the presence of all the familiar BIS features and I feel these BB10 devices will be hard to beat.
    07-04-12 12:32 AM
    Hands down I will choose the physical keyboard version mate.

I was going to say "thumbs down" instead, but then I realized how some people would take it the wrong way
    07-04-12 12:38 AM
    Keyboard here as well. I just can't get into the touch keyboard thing and I did try seriously when I had an android. I just hated it.
    07-04-12 01:27 AM
    Been a Blackberry user for a long time because of the keyboard and I don't think that will change any time soon.
    07-04-12 01:28 AM
    Is it really that hard to type on a touchscreen really? I tried it for a couple of times on my iPod and it seemed smooth for me. I never had any difficulties with it.
    07-04-12 02:58 PM
    Is it really that hard to type on a touchscreen really? I tried it for a couple of times on my iPod and it seemed smooth for me. I never had any difficulties with it.
    Some people like it, others don't.

Isn't it nice to have a choice? But of course with BB10 we won't
    07-04-12 03:04 PM
    I voted for the physical keyboard version but to be honest, I am not a 100% sure as I am having thoughts about going full touch. I'm wondering if BB10 might be a better overall experience on a larger screen. I dunno.

With the possibility of there being no trackpad, I wonder if the screen will be too small on the BB10 physical keyboard device. On my 9900, it is fine for what I do most of the time: BBM, Email/Text, Social Media, etc. But with BB10, I expect I would be doing more things outside those core functions like browsing the web where precision tapping is required, or perhaps application use where the extra screen real estate is noticeably more beneficial. I know I can pinch and zoom for browsing, but that is an extra step that hinders the overall experience.

With the touchscreen, however, I'll lose out on that fantastic keyboard and those all important application shortcut keys. The physical keyboard is one of the reasons I like BB so much! You might be able to touch type as fast as a physical keyboard but only the physical keyboard can give you that satisfied feeling after you hammer out a long message.

The other thing I have to consider is that I am a playbook owner. The playbook will get BB10 and it could act as the bigger display for me if I decide to go with the physical keyboard BB10 phone. This is currently how I use the playbook with my 9900 and it works VERY well for me.

It'll be a tough call but the decision should become easier as we see more of the final product and get our hands on the devices to test them... especially that virtual keyboard!
    07-04-12 05:37 PM
    Touch only please. I have no need for a bunch of moving parts. The less buttons the better for me.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-04-12 05:38 PM
    A psychical keyboard would be a real innovation in data entry. Leapfrogs Siri and Google voice actions by a lot - it will read your thoughts and type for you!
    Stewartj1 and shaleem like this.
    07-04-12 05:52 PM
    Physical keyboard here though but hesitating to try out full touch screen.
    07-04-12 06:02 PM
    Slider or all touch for me. I like the big screen.
    07-04-12 06:58 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Not interested in buying something that looks like a 20+ year old Game Boy. Lol, full touch screen please.
    I'm envious of your PhotoShop skills, we'll done.
    07-04-12 07:01 PM
    Its been said over & over that the first BB10 will be a Touch then the Keyboard to follow. But I would not be surprise that both will show up at the same time now with this delay.
    I'm afraid it isn't going to matter much... If it's not released until 2013, everybody will have already bought the iphone 5 or the Samsung Galaxy III...

This, from a blackberry supporter mind you. Bummer
    07-04-12 08:40 PM
    Some will wait, and others may be swayed when it does come out. Consumers are a fickle bunch
    07-04-12 08:49 PM
    I think BlackBerry is going to have THE BEST touchscreens on the market. But I just love my physical keyboard.

I'll get a keyboard BlackBerry 10!
    The iPhone and various Windows Phones have pretty damn good touchscreens. If BB 10 OS smartphones have touchscreens that are similar in quality, RIM will be doing alright. Just as long as the touchscreen is better than what is available on Android OS (or at least the Droid 2).
    07-04-12 09:01 PM
    I'm envious of your PhotoShop skills, we'll done.
    I'm glad someone got to see the post before it was removed. Not even sure at all how it was offensive or against any of the forum rules - I said I would vote touchscreen though. Wonder if this post will go missing soon too.
    07-04-12 09:25 PM
    Anyone knows how would the gaming system would look like on a BB10? Will the graphics and everything be kinda like the iPhone, Andriod, etc? I can't wait to have Angry Birds, Drag Racing, Cut the Rope and those great games on my next BB device.
    07-07-12 04:11 PM
    I have always preferred a physical keyboard and my initial reaction is to vote with that in mind, however, I won't automatically make that same decision for my next BB10 until I have tried the new touch screen keyboard. It looks pretty good. Therefore I did not vote here.
    07-07-12 04:44 PM
    Physical keyboard no doubt.
    07-07-12 04:57 PM
112 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD