Just received this today. Nice to see features and best practices widely spreaded.
    BB10 Tips and tricks emails-capture.png
    05-06-14 05:09 AM
    Lol. I had never to clean my history or/and cookies and data on my iphone 5. And it was blazing fast!

Not the same with the browser on z10.. even if I choose 1 month of history.

When you input an address, the autocomplete has a quite long delay on z10, whilst it is instant on iphone 5 (ios 7) as it should.

Funny.. instead giving these tips, why not start fixing things BlackBerry?
    What's next, 'how to get dlna working?': 'restart your phone'

Anyway.

The web browser really needs optimizations, especially battery consumption improvements..
    05-06-14 05:38 AM
    Lol. I had never to clean my history or/and cookies and data on my iphone 5. And it was blazing fast!

When you input an address, the autocomplete has a quite long delay on z10, whilst it is instant on iphone 5 (ios 7) as it should.

Anyway.

The web browser really needs optimizations, especially battery consumption improvements..
    NEVER cleared history on my Q10 and no problem at all.. Can your iphone send me something through nfc or display something on my tv throughout hdmi? Miracast? Shut up please..

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 12:30 PM
    Just received this today. Nice to see features and best practices widely spreaded.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1810 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	268088
    15 months until the next one I'm guessing. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 01:11 PM

Anyway.

I'd rather have a slight delay in history than not be able to use flash.

For example it does take about 2 seconds to load my history after 15 months if use, so that's 2 seconds longer to load my flash video which I stream on my 106 inch TV using hdmi. So I'll take those 2 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    05-06-14 01:13 PM
    NEVER cleared history on my Q10 and no problem at all.. Can your iphone send me something through nfc or display something on my tv throughout hdmi? Miracast? Shut up please..

Posted via CB10
    OMG. Gotta love those type of defensive posts.
    Currently I am using the Z10 as my main phone. After using the iphone 5 for more than 1 year I can feel some things. And unfortunately the browser is below iphone 5 in terms of performance and battery life.

Also, you missed the point hardly. Why give such tips when they shouldn't have this issue from the start?

@FSeverino but why shouldn't have em all?! Why not expect more?
    PS: max history life is 1 year. I don't know what you've chosen here
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 05-06-14 at 05:17 PM.
    05-06-14 02:19 PM
    Currently I am using the Z10 as my main phone. After using the iphone 5 for more than 1 year I can feel some things. And unfortunately the browser is below iphone 5 in terms of performance and battery life.

Also, you missed the point hardly. Why give such tips when they shouldn't have this issue from the start?

BB10 browser is the fastest, and not only on benchmarks... If your icrap seems faster you probably should ask to replace your zed..
    Replying to your question: they give those tips because history,cookies and other data can sometimes represent a problem (not to me as stated before) and they giive you an advice on how to "fix that". If you expect more why you buy an iphone?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 04:01 PM
    I've tested both phones side by side. Iphone 5 wins. On pages load too (even slightly).
    Javascript performance - iphone 5 hands down again.

BB10 Tips and tricks emails-img_20140428_011632.png
    BB10 Tips and tricks emails-photo-28.04.2014-01-15-54.png

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    05-06-14 05:08 PM
    That's awesome. I'm amazed. Too bad my iPhone 5 didn't perform that well when I had one. I had to go back to my Blackberry 9900.

I even gave the iphone another chance before going to the z30. Didn't stand up to well to the z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 05:39 PM
    05-06-14 07:03 PM
    Got my popcorn, let's do this.

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-06-14 08:39 PM

PS: max history life is 1 year. I don't know what you've chosen here
    I do expect more, which is why I bought Z10 bc my iPhone4 couldn't play flash
    As for the history, I don't know the limit, I simply said that I have never cleared it and then the length of time have used my phone.

As for the tips ice seen the exact same list for both iOS and Android devices. 'turn everything off' 'lower screen' blah blah. They are general battery saving and performance tips, nothing wrong with that (well, unless it's for BlackBerry then people say it's bc BlackBerry sucks)

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 08:58 PM
    Clearing your browsing history on any platform be it mobile or pc is just common sense.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-06-14 09:26 PM
    The thing is I don't have to clear history on my iphone because the performance isn't affected. And I've used the browser more frequently on the iphone.

As for the history, I don't know the limit, I simply said that I have never cleared it and then the length of time have used my phone.
    Can you please take a look at the settings and tell me what's selected?

Dude, i've tested my own phones side by side with the same wireless connection.

Regarding javascript performance: I've posted some screenshots with sunspider benchmark from my own phones.
    Z10 1413ms vs iphone 5 728ms

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:08 AM

Anyway.

We get it. You prefer the ios browser over bb10 browser. You're not going to convince anyone on Crackberry to jump over to iso browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 04:10 AM
    If that's what you understood then it's sad.
    Overall, I like the z10 more than the iphone 5. But I just cannot shut up when I read/see some things.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 09:44 AM
    The thing is I don't have to clear history on my iphone because the performance isn't affected. And I've used the browser more frequently on the iphone.

Can you please take a look at the settings and tell me what's selected?

Dude, i've tested my own phones side by side with the same wireless connection.

Regarding javascript performance: I've posted some screenshots with sunspider benchmark from my own phones.

Posted via CB10
    Java script performance on the playbook is horrid. It's better in BB10 but BBRY seems unable to handle java script well or no one there knows how to optimize.
    05-07-14 09:57 AM
    Can you elaborate about this ? Do you mean your IP5 browser won't be faster if you clear the history ? I sincerely doubt ...

[...]
    Never tricked/sideloaded anything ? No wifi/cell problem at all ? ... There's something wrong here.

a/ Dude, i've tested my own phones side by side with the same wireless connection.
    b/ Regarding javascript performance: I've posted some screenshots with sunspider benchmark from my own phones.
    a/ I'd tend to prefer the mentionned study, so many parameters ...
    b/ fair enough

Aren't we OT 100% now ? (my bad)
    05-12-14 11:17 AM
    @Superfly_FR since this kind of tips are bad joke for me, aka not so cool "solution" because of lazy BB developers..

Can you elaborate about this ? Do you mean your IP5 browser won't be faster if you clear the history ? I sincerely doubt ...
    The iphone 5 browser does just fine, it's still quick (almost instant) look up from history. I don't know if I had even clean up history since I've got the phone.

Never tricked/sideloaded anything ? No wifi/cell problem at all ? ... There's something wrong here.
    Browser is stock, no browser bar sideloaded. No wifi issues! Try to set the history to 1 month.. and use the browser a bit.. after a while you will see that the history autocomplete isn't that quick.
    Yeah, the suggestion list is ahead of the one from iOS browser (it marks the matched words), but in terms of performance.. meh.

a/ I'd tend to prefer the mentionned study, so many parameters ...
    Maybe in some of the tests iOS 6.x was used. I have iOS 7.1 on my iphone.
    So I've compared latest official BB OS with latest official Apple OS.
    ATM, iphone 5 loads pages faster than z10 (but only slightly faster, as I've mentioned here before).
    05-12-14 02:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. A bit defensive?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-12-14 11:35 PM