I know you guys are fiending for anything and everything BB10 related. So here's *some* BB10 related thing I found. It's nothing special, so don't get too excited. But it's something.

[PICS] BlackBerry 10 Text Input UI | BBin
    sf49ers likes this.
    07-19-12 04:58 PM
    thats actually a really good feature, it can be really tricky to use a pointer between letters.

it may not be much but there is no one else that does this and its just an extra little gesture to make things a little simpler. way to go RIM thats thinking outside the box
    07-19-12 05:23 PM
    pretty neat actually, interms of UX I think BB10 will match IOS, what sucks is IOS doesn't have the pointer selection atleast I haven't seen it in IOS 5
    07-19-12 05:54 PM
    Interesting.
    'Flow' pops up in the code.
    07-19-12 06:15 PM
    pretty neat actually, interms of UX I think BB10 will match IOS, what sucks is IOS doesn't have the pointer selection atleast I haven't seen it in IOS 5
    I don't know if i agree with you. Personally i don't think iOS is anything special the features in it are nothing to really brag about nore is the flow into different apps anything special. I think BB10 will be a much better OS but what iOS has over it is iOS is proof where as BB10 will be gesture based and will probably be harder to learn for the older middle age folks that aren't to technologically incline as the younger generation.

I bought my mom a playbook and i don't know how well she can use it. I mean she knows the basics and can do the usual things, but how to use the features or how to set it up or even download apps i still think she'd be lost lol
    07-19-12 06:31 PM
    I helped my mum pick out a basic mobile with big numbers but she's 84 and finds it a bit much. probably sleeps down the back of the couch pushing Zds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-19-12 11:19 PM
    This "Flow" UI/Paradigm is going to be very interesting. Based on the slides provided, they seem to have turned a contextual traditional pop-up into a screen extension of Flow. Imagine if the default menu option that we get from pressing the "BlackBerry" button just becomes a swipe from the right.
    07-20-12 09:13 AM
    This "Flow" UI/Paradigm is going to be very interesting. Based on the slides provided, they seem to have turned a contextual traditional pop-up into a screen extension of Flow. Imagine if the default menu option that we get from pressing the "BlackBerry" button just becomes a swipe from the right.
    Well on the playbook, the options associated with an app are already brought down by swiping from the top so it sort of already exists, and the options are much nicer and appealing to the eye, than the dull list you get when pressing the blackberry button to bring up options.

Also, swiping from the top on the playbook home screen brings up settings, which is much more user friendly than the settings on os 56 and 7 which can be complicated...I hope they keep it like this on bb10!! I like the switch buttons also.. Just either on on or off... It's much much nicer than the current options on the bb smartphones.
    07-20-12 10:29 AM
    This is because iOS had a magnifying selector since 2009. And yes, you can place the cursor at any point you wish.

Last edited by sosumi11; 07-20-12 at 11:17 AM.
    Shlooky likes this.
    07-20-12 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD