I rarely watch the superbowl because the NFL isn't too popular over here in the UK (plus I preferences football...or soccer as some of you might call it) but I will definitely stay up to see this.
    See above discussions. You won't see the advert.
    01-27-13 01:33 PM
    [QUOTE=Geeoff;7885651]Although I agree that the Superbowl is not normally the best use of advertising dollars for most companies, RIM is a good exception to that rule.

As someone posted that is $133,333.33 per second of air time. But more from a personal perspective it is about $1 for 16 viewers (assume 60 million viewers in U.S. alone). Still cheaper than sending out .45 cent mail advertising per person, although, of course, targeted mailing is the rule rather than mass mailing to everyone. I also noticed that Blackberry has started to advertise in some websites, notably a Teen website that I was researching. Visa charge card has also agreed to make the Blackberry the official smartphone OS for their automatic charge/payment because of BB's security features, and I am sure that at D-day minus 3 there are already ads placed in many places.

The Phoenix has arisen.
    01-27-13 04:48 PM
    "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
    Mark Twain
    This.
    This is RIM's message.

Sometimes an ad is more than an ad. Why does Anheuser Busch put millions into superbowl ads? Is it because they think we need to be edified about Budweiser? No, it's to remind us that they are hugely successful, and success sells. They spend all that money simply because they can, and they want everybody to know it.

RIM needs to show North America that they are alive and kicking, and there is simply no better way to do it than this.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-27-13 05:25 PM
    LL Cool J's "Mama said knock you out" would be a great song in any commercial used for BB10.
    lyrics seem to fit the situation ( esspecially considering Thor's comparison to Ali in the 8th round ):

Don't call it a Comeback! Mama said knock you out!
    just like Mahammad Ali!

01-27-13 06:10 PM
    Guys. Now that we're on about people. Kayne West would be a cool gig for BB10. Or Mr. Cee Lo Green They'd rock the add. In fact. A live usage during the Superbowl would be freaking genius!
    01-28-13 05:16 AM
    Super Bowl final score:
    Blackberry 10
    Windows 8
    Tim-ANC, Crisdean, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    01-28-13 06:11 AM
    Super Bowl final score:
    Blackberry 10
    Windows 8
    Lol, and:

Iphone 5
    Samsung 3
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-28-13 07:31 AM
    Super Bowl final score:
    Blackberry 10
    Windows 8
    Lol, and:

Iphone 5
    Samsung 3
    BlackBerry 10
    iPhone 5
    01-28-13 07:55 AM
    BlackBerry 10
    iPhone 5

+1
    Tim-ANC and kbz1960 like this.
    01-28-13 08:04 AM
    when is the super bowl? maybe i'll set my PVR so i can skim for the commercial after.
    Hope a Grey Cup commercial is next! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOssss!
    drummer_god likes this.
    01-28-13 08:05 AM
    And yet this "Major Overhaul" to date has resulted in a 15 minute interview and an announced Superbowl ad. Granted, they've done well generating buzz, but to be honest that's not that hard given the BB name. At the end of the day, talk is cheap and I'll wait for the actual commercial to see how good of a job this CMO does. The commercial has 30 seconds to grab the interest of half-drunk Americans who generally have given up on the brand and couldn't care less - so it better be good.
    Sorry dude but once again, you're showing you haven't really been paying attention. There has been a huge campaign underway via social networking and, carrier relations, getting in touch with and wooing influencers, many interviews, many media demo's and more. Of course there hasn't been any tv commercials, aside from business channels, as there isn't any product for people to buy yet.
    01-28-13 08:48 AM
    Guys. Now that we're on about people. Kayne West would be a cool gig for BB10. Or Mr. Cee Lo Green They'd rock the add. In fact. A live usage during the Superbowl would be freaking genius!
    Kanye West as the spokesperson for BB?!?! The epitome for rude and obnoxious behaviour?!?!?

Nah....

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    omega supreme likes this.
    01-28-13 09:44 AM
    timing doesn't look as good anymore...
    jegs2 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:32 AM
    Might suck for you yanks Im a londoner.But the online adverts so far are awesome and really good for once.

01-30-13 12:30 PM
    Now why waste the money on a Super Bowl ad that will say coming to you some time in March depending on the carrier. Any one seeing the ad and becoming excited will find that excitement to die quickly when they find they can not buy a phone now. This will just allow Blackberry once again to be the joke of the Super Bowl parties.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    01-30-13 12:41 PM
    RIM needs to show North America that they are alive and kicking, and there is simply no better way to do it than this.
    Short of selling us new hardware, you mean?
    01-30-13 12:42 PM
    I fear it will be an Alisha Keyes monologue....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    01-31-13 09:12 AM
    Will they continue to show the ad for the 2 months you have to wait before you can buy their product? Why not show a BB11 commercial while they are at it?
    jegs2 likes this.
    01-31-13 10:50 AM
    timing doesn't look as good anymore...
    LOL. It's like a morgue around here........with the walking dead grumbling and complaining. Again, if you waited 2 years.......what's 60 days? Also, the "it's the principle BS" went out the window long time ago. If this isn't your first BlackBerry, there should not have been any surprises regarding the additional wait time. Also , whether RIM or the carriers fault (choose your own word) - doesn't really matter. So, wait it out or peak over the fence and make a decision. Besides, if BB10 was worth the wait 2 year's ago, then nothing has changed.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 12:27 PM
    Everyone forgets it took apple 5 months to get the iphone to market after announcing. 30 days is a common wait time for the market.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-31-13 12:32 PM
    Apple didn't have a vibrant and robust online community of enthusiasts making all sorts of claims, discussions about "surprises" and making up release dates.
    RIM sorry BlackBerry said Q1. And that is until 31 March, 2013.
    01-31-13 12:39 PM
    Gosh and I was hoping to use the time shift camera to change the outcome if the Ravens lost.
    Don't let this thing get into the hands of politicians.
    They will be saying everyone (smile) likes their ideas.
    02-01-13 06:26 AM
    So I had a moment yesterday...what happens if just like the "Global Creative Director" with Alicia Keys on the BlackBerry world screenshot, BlackBerry has leaked the Superbowl ad already...
    You know that dependable good guy in your life, that's organized, does your taxes...well you went away for a bit, since then he's been working out. Go exclusive with the new BlackBerry 10.
    02-01-13 07:05 AM
    I fear it will be an Alisha Keyes monologue....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I hope they had time to change it to something like this :.
    The ad opens to an Olympic stadium, filled to capacity with BlackBerry fans from all countries of the world except the U.S. The fans are excited and cheering wildly, seen waving their Z10's around and taking pics, even doing the wave with phone in hand! But where are the US blackberry fans?? They are all down on the playing field, filling the track along the perimeter! Then we see Donald Sutherland in a white tux standing in a VIP box, who boldly announces to the fans, "Let the BB10 Hunger Games begin!" . Then at the center of the field, a single Z10 device is revealed on a stand.....surrounded by chained Tigers! ad ends !
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-01-13 07:28 AM
    I hope they had time to change it to something like this :.
    The ad opens to an Olympic stadium, filled to capacity with BlackBerry fans from all countries of the world except the U.S. The fans are excited and cheering wildly, seen waving their Z10's around and taking pics, even doing the wave with phone in hand! But where are the US blackberry fans?? They are all down on the playing field, filling the track along the perimeter! Then we see Donald Sutherland in a white tux standing in a VIP box, who boldly announces to the fans, "Let the BB10 Hunger Games begin!" . Then at the center of the field, a single Z10 device is revealed on a stand.....surrounded by chained Tigers! ad ends !
    lmfao. Throw in arnold with a cheeky one liner in there somewhere and I'm sold!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-01-13 07:33 AM
186 ... 5678