I was just wondering for anyone who may have an answer:

I have the BB10 Simulator loaded up and running fine. The problem is that it is running no applications that I have seen in demos that are running on Dev Alphas. How do I get all the applications on the simulator that are on the Dev Alpha (BBM, Hub working, etc.)?

Anything information would be great!
    11-02-12 02:21 PM
    The Hub is not active on the dev alphas, and BBM is not available in the simulator. Maybe with the next release they will be available but nothing official yet from RIM.
    11-02-12 07:55 PM
    I too want to test simulator BB10. Can you provide download llink?
    I was just wondering for anyone who may have an answer:

I have the BB10 Simulator loaded up and running fine. The problem is that it is running no applications that I have seen in demos that are running on Dev Alphas. How do I get all the applications on the simulator that are on the Dev Alpha (BBM, Hub working, etc.)?

Anything information would be great!
    11-03-12 12:21 AM
    Applications (at least ones which are written in native) will not run in the simulator unless re-compiled for x86. The apps running on the Dev Alpha work on these devices because they are ARM based devices.
    11-03-12 05:24 PM
    Applications (at least ones which are written in native) will not run in the simulator unless re-compiled for x86. The apps running on the Dev Alpha work on these devices because they are ARM based devices.
    Um, no.

All apps that run on the Dev Alpha will run fine on the simulator. It's strictly a question of which apps RIM wanted to supply.
    11-03-12 05:29 PM
    I too want to test simulator BB10. Can you provide download llink?
    BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator
    11-03-12 05:33 PM
    So where can you download applications to the simulator from? Are there any websites where you can access the apps? Also how do you get the applications into the simulator? would it be a .Bar file or something different, and do you just drag and drop or what?
    11-04-12 03:08 PM
    The Hub is not active on the dev alphas, and BBM is not available in the simulator. Maybe with the next release they will be available but nothing official yet from RIM.
    How come I have seen in videos where people have updated the Dev Alpha and now have BBM and all that working within it?
    11-04-12 04:04 PM
    And simple Google search will provide a place for you to download the latest Dev Alpha OS... Or... You can use xsacha's Sachup to grab the files.

After that, all you need is to sideload them into the simulator.

About the HUB... I don't think it is an app... It believe it is more like a core OS feature.
    11-04-12 08:55 PM
    And simple Google search will provide a place for you to download the latest Dev Alpha OS... Or... You can use xsacha's Sachup to grab the files.

After that, all you need is to sideload them into the simulator.

Is sideloading the applications the same as sideloading them for the PlayBook? Just turn on the developer mode and then input the information into the terminal?
    About the HUB... I don't think it is an app... It believe it is more like a core OS feature.
    11-04-12 10:48 PM
    Also I can not find any BB10 applications to download...where can I download BB10 files?
    11-04-12 10:50 PM
    I'd check the rooting subforums fir that... Or even RIM's devs documentation on how to load apps to the simulators.

As for BB10 app sources, there should be some in AppWorld by now.
    11-04-12 10:58 PM
    it should be mentioned the simulator is only intended to test apps as you build them. I have found it fairly inconsistent to a handheld over the last year un quite a few cases.

you should not use it to get an idea of the bb10 user experience. it is a test bed for developers to test apps when no dev alpha is present.

with all of that said you can sideload using ddpb/bbhtools/localbar. you can access normal filestructure via wifi file browse. but you will not be able to replicate the dev alpha experience on it. and many of the dev alpha apps will not work the same.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-04-12 11:12 PM
    Um, no.

All apps that run on the Dev Alpha will run fine on the simulator. It's strictly a question of which apps RIM wanted to supply.
    Yes they could but they do still have to be recompiled for x86. The simulator will not run native apps compiled for ARM.
    11-05-12 02:19 AM
    How come I have seen in videos where people have updated the Dev Alpha and now have BBM and all that working within it?
    The Dev Alphas have BBM, not the Hub. Neither is available in the simulator.
    11-05-12 07:44 AM
    I remember hearing at BBJam Americas that the decision to leave out the Hub was a last-minute decision. If they had it more refined, it might have been included in 10.0.9. It might actually show up in another beta before the official release.

As far as the simulator is concerned (and as others have said), it is for testing applications, not a demo of the actual OS. If you look at the PlayBook simulators, you'll see the same thing: just a couple of base apps and not the full functionality of the PlayBook.
    11-05-12 09:30 AM
    I remember hearing at BBJam Americas that the decision to leave out the Hub was a last-minute decision. If they had it more refined, it might have been included in 10.0.9. It might actually show up in another beta before the official release.

As far as the simulator is concerned (and as others have said), it is for testing applications, not a demo of the actual OS. If you look at the PlayBook simulators, you'll see the same thing: just a couple of base apps and not the full functionality of the PlayBook.
    The simulator I have only have settings and browser...is this all that is available? Or is there an update that I am missing that I can get?
    11-07-12 06:22 PM
    The simulator I have only have settings and browser...is this all that is available? Or is there an update that I am missing that I can get?
    That's it. That's all that comes in the simulator.
    11-07-12 08:48 PM