Recently I purchased a Galaxy s3 to replace my bold 9900 until the new bb's arrive. I have been anxiously looking forward to the release of the physical keyboard model for the new bb10 phones but am dying to find out if the screen will be bigger. After searching the web i read some articles of some bloggers and reviewers who were invited to see the phones off the record (including crackberries post) and not one of them mentioned the screen size. Now this is obviously due to rim wanting to keep it a secret but I am wondering if this is also due to them not making the screen bigger and not wanting us to know. I mean why not just tell us if it was bigger to generate even more buzz for the release. Im dying to get a physical keyboard again but after using the s3, 2.8 inches aint going to cut it. Hopefully my suspicions are incorrect.
    09-10-12 10:46 PM
    The screen will be bigger as there will be no need for the "talk, BB Button, trackpad, back, end" buttons.

The screen will take the space that is freed up.

Won't be S3 big, but will be bigger than 9900.
    09-10-12 11:44 PM
    The screen will be bigger as there will be no need for the "talk, BB Button, trackpad, back, end" buttons.

The screen will take the space that is freed up.

Won't be S3 big, but will be bigger than 9900.
    The N series leaked literature says 53mm wide so that is similar to the 9900 if true. I may hold out for the Torch replacement /Milan in that case.
    09-19-12 01:10 PM
    There is no secret. This slide was all over Crackberry in June, and from it we can deduce the size of the screen.

Attachment 117432

√[(x^2)+(y^2)]/PPI = Screen Size (inches)
    √[(720^2)+(720^2)]/330 = 3.085556863...

Pythagorean Theorem
    Last edited by IllmasterMathematics; 09-22-12 at 03:43 AM.
    09-22-12 03:25 AM
    yea this is how you can figure it out, if you don't believe it you can do it with a phone where you know the screen dimensions, ppi, and resolution. I start worrying thinking that 3.086 inches will not be large enough of a screen, but then remember my phone now only has a 2.4 inch screen. The difference between the two isn't huge, but I'm sure it'll be quite noticeable when we are actually seeing/holding it.
    11-30-12 11:40 AM
    I'm sure this must have been covered but why don't they make the N and L series have the same case size.
    11-30-12 03:13 PM
    I'm sure this must have been covered but why don't they make the N and L series have the same case size.
    It would look weird.

Sent from the world's (once) most powerful smartphone.
    12-05-12 07:57 PM
    I would like to see an even bigger screen on the N series. I think the current model is too small. as much as want a physical keyboard, I will probably get a london if the N keeps the current screen.
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    12-11-12 10:48 AM
    As much as I want my physical keyboard back, I can't go down to a screen almost half the size.

I am getting more comfortable typing on the S3 screen. We shall see when they come out.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    12-30-12 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD