I thought I read or heard in an interview somewhere that the processors required for the BB10 phones would be in production late May. Did anyone else have that impression or have I confused this with some other techno news?

Today (June 18, 2012) read on CBC that a current BB phone maker is 'winding down operations'
    Celestica winds down RIM manufacturing work - Technology & Science - CBC News

I assume that this is just one of many organizations BB uses to manufacture its phones.

Do we even know what processor is going to be used and what the time line requirement is from processor production to phone production?

Thanks
    06-18-12 03:08 PM
    On the hardware front.... RIM has said absolutely nothing about Hardware specs and probably will not till launch announcement.... Lots on the net about what processors etc they might use buy nothing concrete....
    06-18-12 03:34 PM
    I fairly sure the whole "we're delaying BB10 to wait for better processors" was to cover up for the software not being what they wanted it to be along with waiting for the processors.

I would think that they are going to use an updated "version" of the PlayBook processor.
    06-18-12 03:51 PM
    Anyone's guess about the hardware is as good as anyone else's at this point. IMO, BB10 phones won't be selected based on hardware specs like a lot of Android phones are now. You can't really compare an Android phone with a BB10 phone with similar specs since the operating systems are so different in terms of the way they handle processes, threads, and resources.

I have a funny feeling that BB10 is going to be lean and mean and getting the most out of whatever speced hardware RIM decides to go with. I'm sure it will be a mix of the correct power to seemlessly run the OS along with great battery life. I think it's possible that BB10 phones won't have the fastest of processors on the market, but that the phones will perform as if they do.
    06-18-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD