From what i understand, eventually the playbook (tablet os) and phones will have the same os (bb10). My concern is that what makes a phone (one handed device) and a tablet (two handed device ). For example the multi tasking view on bb10 looks to be leaps and bounds above bb7 but not as good as the system that the playbook already uses.

This could be something that i end up being surprised about and find that the bb10 way is even better than what the playbook already does but its possible that rim will find out that everything that works on a on a phone is better done differently on a tablet.

I have never heard that bb10 will be 100% exact on both phones and tablets or that they will be slightly different.

Any insight?
    Any thoughts?
    05-14-12 06:44 PM
    Im sure the folks at Rim are well aware of this and will make changes if need be.

No biggy
    05-14-12 06:59 PM
    The playbook swiping UI is good but it's obvious it needs more BlackBerry DNA

I'm sure the bits and pieces we're seeing for BB10 are part of a better playbook-type experience
    05-14-12 07:40 PM
    For all intents and purposes the BB10 experience will be seamless (Tablet to Smartphone) and they will be running a unified OS. Beyond that, can't really say much, except that it should drastically reduce fragmentation and make developing easier, which should, make the consumer experience feel the same way. I'm interested. We'll have to see how it all comes together.

Only time will tell.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-14-12 07:52 PM
    Alot of it really depends on. The buffers and chips being used. Yes the os will be the same, the processors and chipset May be different. Don't forget the highlights and views we are seeing are mainly from a device version. Things may change before official release
    05-14-12 09:35 PM
    From what i understand, eventually the playbook (tablet os) and phones will have the same os (bb10). My concern is that what makes a phone (one handed device) and a tablet (two handed device ). For example the multi tasking view on bb10 looks to be leaps and bounds above bb7 but not as good as the system that the playbook already uses.

This could be something that i end up being surprised about and find that the bb10 way is even better than what the playbook already does but its possible that rim will find out that everything that works on a on a phone is better done differently on a tablet.

I have never heard that bb10 will be 100% exact on both phones and tablets or that they will be slightly different.

Any insight?
    Any thoughts?
    They are two completely different handsets, just as how the current tablet OS is pretty crappy to run on a phone (as can be seen in the developer devices) and RIM knows this. In my opinion, what they mean from "upgrading the PlayBook to BB10" is moreso implementing some of the useful features such as the updated keyboard, access to messages application, etc. I do not think they will completely get rid of how the PlayBook currently manages apps as how it currently does it works quite well (for a tablet OS).

They will just use the new shell of BB10 in the PlayBook for it's features, not so much take over the exact same layout, as what good is the PlayBook at that point but just a blown-up sized BlackBerry phone then.

They know what they are doing, they understand that the tablet IS and SHOULD BE different than the phone and I'm sure they know how to make the best of BB10 on the PlayBook.
    05-14-12 11:46 PM
    As long as I get some customization options on the playbook, it's all good to me. The "app icon grid pattern" look on the PB and iPad is starting to get old really fast for me.
    05-15-12 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD