I hope RIM has a physical keyboard at the launch of BB10 not just a touch screen. This would show that they have their act together and it would satisfy a lot of users. I don't want to wait for the physical keyboard model I would prefer it at launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 08:06 AM
    I hope RIM has a physical keyboard at the launch of BB10 not just a touch screen. This would show that they have their act together and it would satisfy a lot of users. I don't want to wait for the physical keyboard model I would prefer it at launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Wont happen

Physical keyboard will come later, it wont be at launch,
    People who want Physcial keyboards already have 9900(30) or other devices less than 18 months old, the majority of adopters wont buy off contract, so RIM's best target market are the biggest pool of buyers which are touchscreen only buyers

why delay the launch?
    05-13-12 08:23 AM
    I think there is some I want the latest and greatest but I want a keyboard now so I can have the latest and greatest without waiting for my keyboard. Understandable if you're the type that wants the newest as soon as it is out.

Most can wait if they want a keyboard.
    05-13-12 08:30 AM
    It wont happen. I was hoping for a keyboard model at launch and when I heard it wasn't coming out till next year, I did an early upgrade to a 9810. I felt it was time for a new phone and didn't want to use my 9000 for another year. I also get to start toward the next upgrade. I might do an early upgrade when the keyboard model is released. If not there should be some good sales on it by the time I can upgrade again.

James
    05-13-12 08:45 AM
    Wow, if BB 10 won't have a physical keyboard at launch? I don't hate touch screens but physical keyboards or what make BB different. I guess I am not coming back to BB then.
    05-13-12 09:53 AM
    deRusset nailed it above...

But also... it would actually be bad if BlackBerry 10 launched with a physical keyboard.

Look, I know a lot of us -- myself included -- love a physical keyboard and want one, but as of right now that makes us the minority of the smartphone using world. And right now BlackBerry needs to win back it's relevance in the mobile world. If they launched with a physical keyboard, people would just look at it and say "same old blackberry". So they need to launch with the full touchscreen and get all of the world's attention on that... that BlackBerry can do a kick full touch experience. And then... follow up with a physical keyboard soon after. Doing them both at launch would be more of a distractor than an enabler.

I just hope they can follow up fairly soon with the physical keyboard model... a few months later max.. not half a year or more.
    kemj and pantlesspenguin like this.
    05-13-12 09:58 AM
    RIM working on two phones at the same time? Please, not this time! BB10 is the new baby. RIM do not neglect the software to work on different hardwares like years behind!
    05-13-12 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD