I work in an industrial environment and currently use a Seidio Surface belt clip with my 9810. I really like the case and clip arrangement and it has saved my phone many times.

I'm concerned that the wider, flatter phones aren't going to be as practical in a case on a belt clip.

I refuse to just jam a phone in my pants pocket. It wouldn't last 30 days.

Anyone have experience using wide flat phones with a case/clip system?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Kappa Prime.
    01-07-13 12:06 PM
    I'm hoping that companies like Seidio will take advantage of the removable battery door and create a case that would be thinner than with older blackberry phones. I too hope to get a case with a belt clip.
    01-07-13 12:19 PM
    I always use my holster and there is one coming for the new lineup. There was a leaked case list a while back that included these. If I can find that thread, I'll post it here for you.

EDIT - Here's that link for you...... http://crackberry.com/blackberry-10-cases
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 01-07-13 at 01:24 PM.
    01-07-13 01:11 PM
    Anyone have experience using wide flat phones with a case/clip system?
    For what it's worth, I've used an Incredible 2, Rezound and Galaxy S3 with belt clip holsters and had no problems with them staying in the holster. These were just the phone and holster, I don't like the added bulk of a case and a holster.

SM
    01-07-13 01:32 PM
    My AT&T upgrade date isn't until the end of March so I will have some time to evaluate the new phones and wait for some cases before I take the plunge. I had to wait for a case that fit my 9810 and used my 8310 leather belt clip. The 9810 flew out of this too small case getting out of the car in the parking lot at work and my 3 day old 9810 had skid marks all over it. It's worth waiting for a proper case before putting a new phone into service.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I'm pretty happy with my 9810 and am not in a huge rush to upgrade. If I don't like the case situation with the new phones, I can wait.

--TF

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 02:20 PM
    I read somewhere that they won't be including a holster with the phones anymore. I will be buying one for the occasions I want one. Black of course!
    01-07-13 02:20 PM
    I worry about interference with the swipe gestures if a hard case is on the phone. If the leaked slide linked above is accurate, Blackberry will be providing a hard case for the phones. I guess I just need to take a chill pill and see how it plays out

--TF

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 02:33 PM
    For what it's worth, I've used an Incredible 2, Rezound and Galaxy S3 with belt clip holsters and had no problems with them staying in the holster. These were just the phone and holster, I don't like the added bulk of a case and a holster.

SM
    But how were they for comfort when you sat in your car with your seatbelt on? I find bigger phones to be a bigger pain. I dont want a wider phone then my 9900.........not for my hip anyway
    01-07-13 03:19 PM
    The Seidio cases are the best ones I've seen for their profile.

I use a Seidio Innocase Active for my Torch 9800 and it survived a LOT of abuse. Where my official belt clip case broke 3 times in 4 months (often catching it as I was getting out of the car), the Seidio case and clip survived for well over a year. finally the belt clip broke when I fell down the stairs, on that side. Case was intact, phone intact, belt clip finally broke at the hinge. But it took a 200+ man falling on it and going down stairs to do it.

Would buy again, and hope they get a Z10 active case out fast.
    01-07-13 04:01 PM
    I use the Seidio for my 9800 and love it. Office work and in an industrial environment. No good for outdoor activities though. Needs to be in a zipped pocket and preferably a water proof one. I want someone to come up with a holster that can handle that.
    01-08-13 01:30 AM