Anyone trying this?

I figure bb10 can handle texts, pictures, email, calendar and contacts. While the data tablet can handle any internet and app requirements.
    Gene Fells and Tsepz_GP like this.
    02-05-20 01:22 PM
    Anyone trying this?

I figure bb10 can handle texts, pictures, email, calendar and contacts. While the data tablet can handle any internet and app requirements.
    Do you mean iPad with data and it creating a hotspot?

Or BB10 phone with hotspot? That's pretty common.
    02-05-20 02:25 PM
    Anyone trying this?

Have done this previously and have considered it with an iPod touch.
    02-05-20 11:49 PM
    Do you mean iPad with data and it creating a hotspot?

Or BB10 phone with hotspot? That's pretty common.
    IPad with data for all browsing and apps. Bb10 for calendar, contacts,messages email and phone.

I assume bb10 still works with the basics right.
    02-06-20 07:04 AM
    I'd prefer an iPad mini with data for the small but big enough size. Already have an iPad pro and it's quite cumbersome.
    02-06-20 07:05 AM
    I originally read about this idea from someone online writing about a digital detox. They were using a flip phone with a data enabled tablet. The goal was to eliminate the ocd to check the phone by having a "dumb" phone. But to have the tablet for scheduled internet breaks throughout the day.
    02-06-20 07:08 AM
    if you dont mind carrying 2 devices then sure it works. No reason it wouldnt
    02-06-20 10:17 AM
    Ipad mini / classic user here. The best combo for me.

Posted via Classic
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-07-20 12:09 AM
    Ipad mini / classic user here. The best combo for me.

Posted via Classic
    Which features do you use your classic for?
    02-07-20 07:46 PM
    I'd prefer an iPad mini with data for the small but big enough size. Already have an iPad pro and it's quite cumbersome.
    The minis are getting dated speed performance wise plus storage is low on cheaply ones.

Depending on budget and carry option, get a large phone instead and use WiFi only
    02-07-20 10:16 PM
    The minis are getting dated speed performance wise plus storage is low on cheaply ones.

Depending on budget and carry option, get a large phone instead and use WiFi only
    IPad Mini was just refreshed last year with the Bionic A12 Chip. Same as your XR and others in the Apple line up. 😎😉
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-07-20 11:19 PM
    IPad Mini was just refreshed last year with the Bionic A12 Chip. Same as your XR and others in the Apple line up.
    I didn’t realize the Mini got resurrected last year. That’s awesome. Then by all means amend my suggestion above....
    02-07-20 11:37 PM
    Professional use, own business:

CLASSIC
    Email
    sms
    telegram
    quick browsing (stock), and private mode when I have issues
    blaq(twitter) for posting, Web twitter for read, trying bird10 now
    camera
    feedminder (news)
    pass protector
    BBM (only with my wife Z30)
    Tao translator
    Fahrplan (I commute by train)
    Calculator
    Dukto (files transmission to ipad)
    CB10

IPAD MINI
    Instagram
    Facebook (web)
    Browsing
    Imovie for video builds (better than PC)
    Photo management
    Telegram and some emails (but I prefer it on Classic)

Nikon DSRL with wifi - photo transmission to ipad or via camera cable

Computer (Linux Ubuntu)
    Word/excel
    website management
    Blogger
    Photo management

Posted via Classic
    bh7171 likes this.
    02-08-20 03:20 AM
    That is an amazing combination. One that I am partial to.

Pass(ion)Port!
    02-08-20 04:02 AM
    Been a dual carry advocate since my PlayBook days. Attempting to configure a single form factor that truly satisfies ALL use cases is just unrealistic. SOME "compromises" truly satisfy NO one. At least till someone figures out how to fit an 8" product into a 3" box. Lol.

Dual carry permits opportunities to use a compact handset for uses that best fit compact handsets. WHILE still permitting use of giant handsets for uses that best fit giant handsets. Win, win.

I appreciate my giant D60's screenestate two or three times per week. The rest of the week, I leverage the communications proficiency afforded by this comfortably compact 9900. Why suffer proficiency handicaps all week long just in case I MIGHT want a giant screen two hrs this week? ??

Dual carry let's me better optimize the tool to the task at hand. It also frequently let's me use both handsets simultaneously! It's frequently SOoo useful to view prints, photos, videos, etc in ONE hand while simultaneously communicating thru a comfortably compact device in the other hand! Tough to get more useful screenestate than TWO devices can offer. Lol.

Very little personal experience with Apple products but can appreciate OP's dual carry motives. Since PlayBook, I still frequently secondary carry phone # activated D60, Z30, PassPort, Classic and all three Ks. Depending on anticipated needs for a given day. Frequently nice to have a backup phone. Especially on a different carrier. Fwiw.

My fave dual combo is still 9900 primary and Classic secondary. 9900 for its exquisite communications competency. Voice, email, sms/mms, calendar, contacts, etc. AND Classic as most single handed friendly of BB10. Two single handed friendly handsets afford superb simultaneous, side by side one in each hand, proficiency. A super proficient strategy! Worth a try, if the opportunity ever presents. Imo. Fwiw.
    02-10-20 06:26 AM

But, Apple products always work flawlessly 6+ years after release. It's the benefit of controlling the hardware and software. Or have we been lied to by Apple marketing?

I own no Apple products and my life is amazing!
    02-15-20 03:32 AM
    But, Apple products always work flawlessly 6+ years after release. It's the benefit of controlling the hardware and software. Or have we been lied to by Apple marketing?

I own no Apple products and my life is amazing!
    Apple created peace on earth, Google is almost done eliminating war and Microsoft is taking care of hunger and poverty simultaneously.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    02-15-20 08:15 AM
    Apple created peace on earth, Google is almost done eliminating war and Microsoft is taking care of hunger and poverty simultaneously.
    Please tell me one of these heavenly companies have a cure for cancer?

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-15-20 11:11 AM

Sorry falbo, but for so many here on CrackBerry I think and pray....
    02-15-20 11:24 AM

Perhaps for the Corona virus?!

Pass(ion)Port!
    03-09-20 08:54 AM
    Perhaps for the Corona virus?!

Pass(ion)Port!
    Hopefully soon as it's spreading fast.
    03-09-20 08:57 AM
    Hopefully soon as it's spreading fast.
    Hey falbo!!
    03-09-20 10:31 AM
    Hey falbo!!
    Hi Chuck.
    Corona virus spreading around the world, here in íreland the st Patrick's day parade in Dublin has been cancelled. I reckon the rest in the country may follow.
    03-09-20 10:35 AM