I have a question around the user experience in BB10 , specifically related to the Peek/moving into Hub.

Here's what I understand so far: If I am in an app, I can Peek at my notifications, then swipe across to peek at my Hub. If I choose, I can either go into the Hub, or dismiss it by releasing the gesture and returning to the app I was in. Awesome.

My question: If I choose to go into the Hub, how do I get back to the app I was previously in without having to return to the homescreen? From what I've seen, once in the Hub, a swipe from the left opens Hub features; a swipe to the right brings us back to the homescreen (not necessarily back to the previously opened app I just came from).

What if I'm in BBM, get an email, move into the hub, then want to return to where I was in BBM. Currently, I can use the app switcher (press and hold BB Button) to get to and from open apps.

It almost seems like swiping between open apps (like on the PlayBook) isn't going to be the case in BB10. I haven't been able to find a video showing swiping between apps other than swiping with the Hub. I understand that the Hub is the HUB of the device, but if, for example, I'm in the browser watching a video and get a BBM, I would want to be able to switch between the two apps easily and quickly (PlayBook-style!)

Any thoughts?
    09-26-12 09:14 AM
    I have a question around the user experience in BB10 , specifically related to the Peek/moving into Hub.

Here's what I understand so far: If I am in an app, I can Peek at my notifications, then swipe across to peek at my Hub. If I choose, I can either go into the Hub, or dismiss it by releasing the gesture and returning to the app I was in. Awesome.

My question: If I choose to go into the Hub, how do I get back to the app I was previously in without having to return to the homescreen? From what I've seen, once in the Hub, a swipe from the left opens Hub features; a swipe to the right brings us back to the homescreen (not necessarily back to the previously opened app I just came from).

What if I'm in BBM, get an email, move into the hub, then want to return to where I was in BBM. Currently, I can use the app switcher (press and hold BB Button) to get to and from open apps.

It almost seems like swiping between open apps (like on the PlayBook) isn't going to be the case in BB10. I haven't been able to find a video showing swiping between apps other than swiping with the Hub. I understand that the Hub is the HUB of the device, but if, for example, I'm in the browser watching a video and get a BBM, I would want to be able to switch between the two apps easily and quickly (PlayBook-style!)

Any thoughts?
    That is my understanding as well. Basically, from what I gather when you are in the Hub a swipe to the right takes you to the Active Frames section. In this section you will find the BBM app that is still open, the one that you went out of to get into the hub.

I also believe that if you click on this BBM app it should take you back to the original place you were in.

Is this correct to those who have experienced it? This is an interesting question.
    09-26-12 10:48 AM
    Yes I'm wondering the same thing. I hope there's a way to go back to the app you were in to go back to what you were doing. It should Flow like Heins said.

I hope they do have a way of doing this.
    09-26-12 05:56 PM
    Seems you just swipe back to get back to where you were.
    09-26-12 06:08 PM
    to put it in simple terms, think - swiping from the bottom (bezel) to the top is equivalent to pressing Apple devices home button that gesture alone brings you back to the home screen where-ever you are in the system.
    09-26-12 06:34 PM
    Yes, CB Kevin demoed this in one of his blog videos that you go exactly back to where you were from switching between apps.
    09-26-12 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD