Since the z10 launch I have been very aware of what devices people around me are using. What I have noticed is
    1) generally the retail/home user makeup in Southern Ontario is about what the media says, with lots of iPhones and Android... Nothing surprising
    2) what I find interesting is based on some specific situations. The first was abt 1 week after the z10 Canadian launch. I was at a conference hosted by an ISP that caters to public sector. The audience was CIO's, IT managers and Network Engineers. Everyone in the room except one person had a z10, abt 50 people. The next thing is I work closely with contractors regularly, and over the past 3-4 months just about every site super, head electrician, and head data comm contractor are wandering around with some z10's but mostly q10's with virtually no other brands. Finally our phone guy is seriously testing the q10 for our next round of upgrades, simply because it has a keyboard and has all the apps our organization NEEDS.

From where I sit it would appear that almost all business users in Ontario that I deal with are on or seriously looking at moving to bb10.
    Could BYOD be starting to loose favor and IT is taking back control of the phone by moving to BES10 and bb10, instead of tryng to "not" support whatever the latest bling that Apple or Google tell all the lemmings of the world they need in order to feel adequate.
    09-05-13 06:51 PM
    I'm the opposite I have seen 1 z10 and. No q10s at all, I don't go out looking specifically but I notice what people around me use and I have yet to see any really, the 1z10 that I saw was just some random business typw person at timmies who from the looks of him desperately wanted a physical keypad, not sure he was typing but it looked painful.

Love my q10 but I'm just not seeing the break through

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:59 PM
    I live in Toronto work in Toronto and travel throughout the GTA. Z10 phones are popping up all over. Not like back in the day but certainly at a pretty good rate.

Q10 phones are now starting to show up but no where near amount of Z10 phones. Have yet to see a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-05-13 07:02 PM
    I see q10 everywhere now..more than z10.
    However no Q5 yet.

Ottawa

Posted via CB10
    hobbyboy#CB and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-05-13 07:29 PM
    I live in Toronto and know a lot of people who work on Bay Street--mostly bankers and accountants. About 60 percent of them own a BB10. The rest are waiting to upgrade from other BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:38 PM
    I live in Toronto and I'm surprised how many Z an Q's I see. I don't really go out of my way to notice, but it is obvious in lineups, elevators etc....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-05-13 at 07:59 PM.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    09-05-13 07:39 PM
    It is coming.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-05-13 07:46 PM
    Saw a woman with a Q10. She instantly got more attractive after I noticed for some reason, lol.

I thought I saw the first Z10 not in my hands the other day, turned out to be a friggin iphone. I would have hated that dude for like, but he picked up the $300 tab at the bar, so I can live with it.
    09-05-13 07:54 PM
    I have seen a lot more q10s around its mostly professional women.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-05-13 08:02 PM
    I'm seeing more and more Z10s in the wild in Winnipeg. I work in the hospitality industry and am fairly mobile around town. Q10s seem to be more downtown and in the business sector, while I see more Z10s close to the Universities. In the last two weeks I know of two more friends that have returned to BlackBerry - it's great to see BBM invites again!

...Seriously. After years of seeing my BBM contact list dwindle, it was a little TOO much fun to start adding BBM contacts again. Can't wait until it's released cross-platform!
    Sexy Sadie and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-05-13 08:09 PM
    Nice to read that BB is gaining its homeland again.
    09-05-13 08:17 PM
    I live in Toronto work in Toronto and travel throughout the GTA. Z10 phones are popping up all over. Not like back in the day but certainly at a pretty good rate.

Q10 phones are now starting to show up but no where near amount of Z10 phones. Have yet to see a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Even though Alberta tops the second best economy in Canada, people here are still lagging behind in mobile technology. 7/10 are still using iPhones. They don't even know Z10 is the greatest phone on the market. This is their loss. By far, I have spotted about ten Zs and one Q.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:23 PM
    At my work my co-workers

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-05-13 08:25 PM
    As a Canadian I think this post is wishful thinking . Even if were a little bit true the for sale announcement has stalled any momentum that BB might have had .
    09-05-13 08:34 PM
    Nobody who actually needs to get work done on their phone uses an iPhone. Next time you see someone, ask them how to attach a file to an email on an iPhone. You can't do it.

I work with professionals in TO and they all have bb10
    09-05-13 08:34 PM
    I live in Vancouver and work a lot in Ontario, I will just say there are far more BB's the closer I get to Waterloo.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:40 PM
    Don't worry the reasoning is very simple; you associate BlackBerry with "communication" and therefore, when you see a woman with a BlackBerry, your brain thinks that she values her device being a "communication device" before anything else. It may trigger you to think she's a good communicator and is ambitious or likes getting things done.

This is something that REAL MEN value when they look at women. A woman that is ambitious and a good communicator are two of the hottest traits she can posses alongside her looks.

Reminds me when I saw this cute girl with a white 9900 - I was speechless and was just totally flustered.....lol

Saw a woman with a Q10. She instantly got more attractive after I noticed for some reason, lol.

I thought I saw the first Z10 not in my hands the other day, turned out to be a friggin iphone. I would have hated that dude for like, but he picked up the $300 tab at the bar, so I can live with it.
    BBVegasGirl80 and theRock1975 like this.
    09-05-13 08:42 PM
    Even though Alberta tops the second best economy in Canada, people here are still lagging behind in mobile technology. 7/10 are still using iPhones. They don't even know Z10 is the greatest phone on the market. This is their loss. By far, I have spotted about ten Zs and one Q.

Posted via CB10
    Canadians are starting to realize that they would be better off buying a cheaper phone off contract. The cheaper iphone will really be popular . BB has no answer yet.
    09-05-13 08:45 PM
    Nobody who actually needs to get work done on their phone uses an iPhone. Next time you see someone, ask them how to attach a file to an email on an iPhone. You can't do it.

In Alberta, professionals, government agents and police are still using BlackBerrys but they are legacys. All of my coworkers in my company, a fortune 500 company, are still officially issued with BlackBerry legacys. I don't know when they do the upgrade to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-05-13 08:46 PM
    Don't worry the reasoning is very simple; you associate BlackBerry with "communication" and therefore, when you see a woman with a BlackBerry, your brain thinks that she values her device being a "communication device" before anything else. It may trigger you to think she's a good communicator and is ambitious or likes getting things done.

This is something that REAL MEN value when they look at women. A woman that is ambitious and a good communicator are two of the hottest traits she can posses alongside her looks.

Reminds me when I saw this cute girl with a white 9900 - I was speechless and was just totally flustered.....lol
    A guy in a BlackBerry is hot. Those with Iphone's looks too.... wannabe. as if they care about what people think of them...

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:48 PM
    I don't want to be a wet blanket, but from what I have seen in Toronto, a Q10 is 0 dollars on a 2 year contract, and the Z10 is 49. I have never seen such discounts by Canadian carriers on BB phones, and especially "flagship" phones, and as someone else pointed in another thread, at some point, a Q5 was advertised for $99 on a same page (although on a less expensive plan). A Canadian carrier will never ever make such discounts unless the phones are not moving. There is no other reasonable explanation. There are no such discounts for the S4 or Iphone.
    09-05-13 09:13 PM
    I work for a major mining company in Sudbury and my observation is the majority of sales reps I deal with are carrying BB10 devices.

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.1.0.4633 | Bell
    theRock1975 likes this.
    09-05-13 09:18 PM

yes you can there is an app for that..BB10 for business but there are no business apps available..BB10 is much less productive than almost all other platforms..you say you see many but I doubt it since sale numbers have been very low..maybe you live in fantasy land after all.
    09-05-13 10:09 PM
    A guy in a BlackBerry is hot. Those with Iphone's looks too.... wannabe. as if they care about what people think of them...

Posted via CB10
    it seems to me that you are the one that judge people by what phone they use...I feel sorry for you but guess what that phone that is supposed for real men is no more.
    09-05-13 10:13 PM
    I don't want to be a wet blanket, but from what I have seen in Toronto, a Q10 is 0 dollars on a 2 year contract, and the Z10 is 49. I have never seen such discounts by Canadian carriers on BB phones, and especially "flagship" phones, and as someone else pointed in another thread, at some point, a Q5 was advertised for $99 on a same page (although on a less expensive plan). A Canadian carrier will never ever make such discounts unless the phones are not moving. There is no other reasonable explanation. There are no such discounts for the S4 or Iphone.
    Where is the Q10 zero dollars? Rogers has it at 149..

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 10:24 PM
55 123