I found out after upgrading to my Z10 that my bell.blackberry.net account was gone. It is not supported oh and all the emails i had on it were no longer available but bell and blackberry didn't tell me that before i got the Z10! Now i have read that BIS is not supported at all with BB10 which makes me wonder is BBM now just like sms txting?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 01:24 PM
    I found out after upgrading to my Z10 that my bell.blackberry.net account was gone. It is not supported oh and all the emails i had on it were no longer available but bell and blackberry didn't tell me that before i got the Z10! Now i have read that BIS is not supported at all with BB10 which makes me wonder is BBM now just like sms txting?

Posted via CB10
    I upgrade Z 10 with my Telus and they signed in to Blackberry account at Blackberry.ca, no problem.
    03-08-13 01:42 PM
    Depends on your carrier as to what level of access to old BB e-mail they allow.

I was able to access old BB.net accounts even after deactivating BB devices from years ago.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-08-13 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, BBM still goes trough the NOC, there would be no BBM without it.
    03-08-13 01:53 PM
    No, BBM still goes trough the NOC, there would be no BBM without it.
    I've written some guides on here in the past and I'm thinking ahead to my z10 guide so i'll ask you this quick question. Does BB10 still use servicebooks of any kind? I'm guessing not considering the email and app changes I've seen.
    03-08-13 02:36 PM
    I found out after upgrading to my Z10 that my bell.blackberry.net account was gone. It is not supported oh and all the emails i had on it were no longer available but bell and blackberry didn't tell me that before i got the Z10!
    Only to prove a point - I just migrated a Bell 9900 with a bell.blackberry.net email over to a Z10, right off the bat, before it would even let me use the device it told me that the blackberry.net email was no longer supported, and that I could go online to learn more. The online docs state that you can setup free forwarding from that email, to a new email of your choosing for a year.

There have also been several articles posted about this on CrackBerry.com's home page.

If that's not warning -- ample warning -- I don't know what is.
    03-08-13 02:42 PM
    I've written some guides on here in the past and I'm thinking ahead to my z10 guide so i'll ask you this quick question. Does BB10 still use servicebooks of any kind? I'm guessing not considering the email and app changes I've seen.
    I don't think so, the reason I know bbm goes trough the NOC is I've seen a yet to be released video that explains it.

However, if the BlackBerry symbol is not present nothing seems to work, bbm or anything else, which is confusing to say the least. I think somehow everything is still routed trough the NOC but maybe compression is not applied anymore?

I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-08-13 02:49 PM
    This makes me so sad. I use that email for a great many things both business and personal. I recall this being brought up just a little while back on the forums. I do wish they decided to find a way to keep those email address working, at the very least. This is unfortunate. ;-(

;;;goes to pout in corner;;;
    03-08-13 06:44 PM
    It's never been a good idea to use the "carrier.blackberry.net" email address for anything important.
    03-08-13 06:49 PM
    I use it along with a gmail account- it's convenient being in the arts- I've depended on it a great deal quite frankly. I understand you're point COMPLETELY though.
    03-08-13 06:53 PM
    This makes me so sad. I use that email for a great many things both business and personal. I recall this being brought up just a little while back on the forums. I do wish they decided to find a way to keep those email address working, at the very least. This is unfortunate. ;-(

;;;goes to pout in corner;;;
    There are 8 responses in this thread. Are you telling me you weren't able to take the time and read all of them? I said this above and I'll say it again, they're offering free forwarding on the carrier.blackberry.net emails. This would be called "a way to keep those email addresses working, at the very least".

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-08-13 06:55 PM
    Oh they set up the forwarding of the emails but it was after i bought and upgraded to the z10 and as of then any emails i still had on that account were no longer accessible and they would not or could not forward those to me. BB and Bell could have let me known that before hand. BB could also have let me know that BBmusic is not supported on BB10 since i am subscribed to it. Their tech support couldnt even give me an answer on that one and never even got back to me on the issue after saying they would. You know i am a BB fan but o have to say I am not impressed with BB customer service.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:06 PM
    Oh they set up the forwarding of the emails but it was after i bought and upgraded to the z10 and as of then any emails i still had on that account were no longer accessible and they would not or could not forward those to me. BB and Bell could have let me known that before hand.
    This would have happened with ANY BlackBerry device migration - carrier.blackberry.net emails are NEVER stored on the server, they're stored on your device. Proper device migration involves backing up all your emails, texts, BBMs, etc and then restoring them to your new device. This would have happened even if you migrated to another OS 7 device. This is NOT a BlackBerry 10 issue.
    BB could also have let me know that BBmusic is not supported on BB10 since i am subscribed to it. Their tech support couldnt even give me an answer on that one and never even got back to me on the issue after saying they would.
    If you were able to come on the forums and complain about the lack of BBM Music, why weren't you able to come on here prior to your purchase and search for topics about BBM Music on BlackBerry 10? If you did this, you would have learned that BBM Music is not available for BlackBerry 10. So you not doing your research is not the fault of BlackBerry.
    You know i am a BB fan but o have to say I am not impressed with BB customer service.
    I think it's fair to say BlackBerry has done everything they need to do here.
    03-08-13 07:18 PM
    There are 8 responses in this thread. Are you telling me you weren't able to take the time and read all of them? I said this above and I'll say it again, they're offering free forwarding on the carrier.blackberry.net emails. This would be called "a way to keep those email addresses working, at the very least".

Posted via CB10

You have a very nice attitude.

To be frank with you, I was fully aware of them offering to "forward" and as I understand it- that is done after 12 months time after which the address will not be function or valid to use. So, no, having them forward mail for ONE year is NOT "a way to keep those email addresses working, at the very least"

So no, I wasn't telling you that I wasn't able to take the time and read all the responses.
    03-08-13 10:07 PM
    This would have happened with ANY BlackBerry device migration - carrier.blackberry.net emails are NEVER stored on the server, they're stored on your device.
    Are you sure? I was able to access carrier.blackberry.net e-mails on a server via Orange (in the UK) years ago.
    03-08-13 10:09 PM
    You have a very nice attitude.

To be frank with you, I was fully aware of them offering to "forward" and as I understand it- that is done after 12 months time after which the address will not be function or valid to use. So, no, having them forward mail for ONE year is NOT "a way to keep those email addresses working, at the very least"

So no, I wasn't telling you that I wasn't able to take the time and read all the responses.
    Are you sure? I was able to access carrier.blackberry.net e-mails on a server via Orange (in the UK) years ago.
    To answer both of you: Blackberry.net email account - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

You could always go back to your OS 7 or earlier device - I mean, if it's REALLY that big of a deal - which it seems it is.
    03-08-13 10:15 PM
    From the quoted thread:

A few years ago, there was, but that was phased out.
    OK. I assume it was a few years prior to 2009 (when that was written) -- I did it back in 2007.
    03-08-13 10:21 PM
    Yes, I understood that and have read previous write up and threads about it . . .

Not a REALLY big deal but it was one thing that was part of being a BlackBerry user that was a real perk. Yes we will have other emails- I just appreciate what the BlackBerry.net address was while it lasted and am sorry that- that of all things had to go.

Either way, I haven't left BlackBerry in 11 years . . . having them decide to take that away couldn't drive me away after all this time. I will surely miss it- that was my only pointe and reason for responding here to the OP. That's all.
    03-08-13 10:25 PM
    Yes, I understood that and have read previous write up and threads about it . . .

Not a REALLY big deal but it was one thing that was part of being a BlackBerry user that was a real perk. Yes we will have other emails- I just appreciate what the BlackBerry.net address was while it lasted and am sorry that- that of all things had to go.

Either way, I haven't left BlackBerry in 11 years . . . having them decide to take that away couldn't drive me away after all this time. I will surely miss it- that was my only pointe and reason for responding here to the OP. That's all.
    I just re-read a few of my replies. I didn't mean to come off like a tool - which I now see I totally have. My bad..

I loved the carrier.blackberry.net address too - but I switched between carriers quite a bit back in the day, I started to realize how pointless it was to have a different email depending on which carrier I was with. I eventually lost my username on one carrier and then just stopped using them all together.

Potential solution for you, maybe you could set up a new email account just for the purposes of forwarding the blackberry.net email to and set up an auto-reply stating that the email is no longer used, and that people should email your other account? It would be less transparent than the forwarding, which gives people the illusion that the carrier.blackberry.net email still works.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-08-13 10:31 PM
    I just re-read a few of my replies. I didn't mean to come off like a tool - which I now see I totally have. My bad..
    Thank you, aloha.

I'll just starting changing and letting everyone know to delete it and replace it.
    03-08-13 10:37 PM