Update your Podcast App then get right back to me LOL.
    He has the latest version of the app why would he need to upgrade
    11-05-12 12:35 PM
    no BB podcast app for 9900 either oh well never used it and already uninstalled it
    11-05-12 01:00 PM
    He has the latest version of the app why would he need to upgrade
    Exactly. There is no other version beyond 1.6.0.8 to update to. That's the current version for OS 6, 7 and 7.1.
    11-05-12 01:05 PM
    Exactly. There is no other version beyond 1.6.0.8 to update to. That's the current version for OS 6, 7 and 7.1.
    That's the version I have. I just upgraded the OS to .746 and it still syncs my subscriptions and works.
    11-05-12 01:13 PM
    Update your Podcast App then get right back to me LOL.
    Update it to what version? 1.6.0.8 is the latest version showing up on BB App World for me.

Basic on your previous post history, and the idiotic way you write, I'm going to go with "you're a troll, and this is just more FUD."
    11-05-12 01:36 PM
    Not to keep a worthless thread rolling but I just wanted to give confirmation that it does in fact work on the 9900. I only had my 9860 on me earlier to test (that's where the screenshots are from). But I have now tested on the 9900 and it does work.
    diegonei likes this.
    11-05-12 03:39 PM
    Trolling or not, it hasn't been all worthless. It finally inspired/reminded/poked me in to downloading some Spanish podcasts. The app kept telling me to insert media card or turn off mass media storage which I couldn't do (the option was not there under Options > Storage) but I realised that within the apps options I had it set to download to.....media card.... I don't have a media card so I obviously just changed that to device memory.

For the record I have version 1.5.0.51

My OS is 7.0.0.

There is an update (obviously) to 7.1.0 I'm on mac and the desktop software isn't as good as a PC so the last few times its been hooked up I haven't bothered upgrading. Think i'll do it later when I have more time. I'll let you know what happens to my podcast app.....
    11-06-12 07:36 AM
    After you open your podcast app, go into options from your BB menu, there should be an option for storing on internal memory or SD card.
    Just read this, thanks!
    11-06-12 07:39 AM
    Trolling or not, it hasn't been all worthless. It finally inspired/reminded/poked me in to downloading some Spanish podcasts. The app kept telling me to insert media card or turn off mass media storage which I couldn't do (the option was not there under Options > Storage) but I realised that within the apps options I had it set to download to.....media card.... I don't have a media card so I obviously just changed that to device memory.

For the record I have version 1.5.0.51

My OS is 7.0.0.

There is an update (obviously) to 7.1.0 I'm on mac and the desktop software isn't as good as a PC so the last few times its been hooked up I haven't bothered upgrading. Think i'll do it later when I have more time. I'll let you know what happens to my podcast app.....
    A little bit of searching would have told you all of that. A thread who's title conveys misleading information to the general public is, at least by my definition, worthless ;p
    11-09-12 11:06 AM
    Native podcast app sucked anyways. Better off paying for PodTrapper, it's a way better app..but alas you will have to shell out some cash for it. Most third party apps are much better anyways..
    Bye bye podcast app, no biggie!
    Podtrapper is simple AWESOME!

It is by far and away the best podcast client software I have ever used and I have tried many. In all seriousness I'd gladly pay fifty bucks for Podtrapper it is that good.
    11-09-12 05:53 PM
    Podtrapper is simple AWESOME!

It is by far and away the best podcast client software I have ever used and I have tried many. In all seriousness I'd gladly pay fifty bucks for Podtrapper it is that good.
    Does it allow to configure "new podcast" notifications on a podcast-by-podcast basis?

Can you backup/restore subscriptions when you reinstall an OS?
    11-09-12 09:04 PM
    Does it allow to configure "new podcast" notifications on a podcast-by-podcast basis?
    As far as I can tell, it can only do a general notification.

Can you backup/restore subscriptions when you reinstall an OS?
    It has a few backup/restore features, the main one through the BlackBerry desktop manager, I haven't used it yet though.
    11-10-12 06:04 AM
    Like many who have commented here already, the native podcast app broke for me. But of a shame as I was loving it. After that I searched for some other podcast apps and came across Podcasts, which I love very much. Was easy to useand worked well. Then when I swapped my Torch 9810 for a Bold 9790, I found the app wasn't available, much to my frustration.

So looking for others, I checked out UltraPodcast. Has a lite and pro version. Lite version only allows you to subscribe to 5 podcasts.

Then we have Podtrapper. I used this many moons ago when I owned a Storm2. Haven't used it since but it looks like I shall be going back to it.

With many still highly recommending it, I feel it's a good decision
    11-10-12 10:17 AM
    I'm still pissed that the Podcast app only picks up the first 20 episodes once you manually add a podcast. I can't re-listen to any of the podcasts I listen to because of this 20 episode "limit". If BB10 doesn't have a decent podcast app out the gate I'll be moving over to either WP8 or iOS.
    11-10-12 12:18 PM
    I always download the mp3 for podcasts on my PlayBook. As long as we can do this I will be happy. I don't know of any podcasts that don't have the option to download.

It's quite surprising really how few mobile platforms actually have the ability to download files from links.
    11-11-12 02:42 AM
    Meh The podcast app on my 9900 plus the social feeds app isn't great but it's more than good enough and I hope particularly something like the social feeds app gets into BB10. . .just putting that out there. . .carry one. . .
    Last edited by AfroZepher; 11-11-12 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I'z ainn't da best at the spellinz. . .
    11-11-12 02:51 AM
41 12