While watching the atlanta falcons play the san francisc 49ers play today i saw a commercial for the samsung galaxy note saying it is the next big thing for business. They showed 2 people using a blackberry bold and (ultimately) people making fun of them for not using the note. Why doesn't rim make commercials advertising bb10 like that? Is there simply no money for marketing?
    Last edited by jason18; 01-20-13 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Go Falcons :)
    01-20-13 04:34 PM
    BB10 marketing-thor-got-.jpg

Wait for it. The product hasn't even been announced yet.
    01-20-13 05:28 PM
    While watching the atlanta falcons play the san francisc 49ers play today i saw a commercial for the samsung galaxy note saying it is the next big thing for business. They showed 2 people using a blackberry bold and (ultimately) people making fun of them for not using the note. Why doesn't rim make commercials advertising bb10 like that? Is there simply no money for marketing?
    They can't show anything untill its anouced. I also think the best marketing will be word of mouth.
    01-20-13 06:16 PM
    If Samsung is gonna waste the money they have that ISN'T owed to Apple, they should at least wait until after BlackBerry 10 launches, instead of attacking phones that are years old.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-20-13 06:29 PM
    Why doesn't rim make commercials advertising bb10 like that? Is there simply no money for marketing?
    a) I'm sure they have made lots of commercials.

b) There's about $2.5B in the bank, so I'm sure they can spare a few bucks to make a quick commercial or two.

Think about it though, what would they do in a commercial right now? Talk about the name and how it's got two letters and a nice number?

Maybe they could advertise the date of the upcoming announcement... the one where they plan to actually for the very first time officially show the phone and OS capabilities to the world.

You're basically asking them to either announce it before the date they plan to announce it, or show commercials that say nothing about the product and don't show it at all...
    web99 and jesse_h like this.
    01-20-13 06:30 PM
    Mercede's is running prequel ads for a car they will unveil in a Super Bowl ad saying basically wait till you see what we have to show you on 2/3/13. RIM could have and maybe should have done something similar.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-20-13 07:28 PM
    I remember a few years ago, there was a local advertisement counting down to the start of a football competition. All they did was do a countdown each day 10, 9, 8 etc etc. in big numerals. By the time the competition started everyone was wondering and talking about the countdown. Viral - very effective.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-20-13 07:36 PM
    I remember a few years ago, there was a local advertisement counting down to the start of a football competition. All they did was do a countdown each day 10, 9, 8 etc etc. in big numerals. By the time the competition started everyone was wondering and talking about the countdown. Viral - very effective.
    Countdown.. hmm... interesting idea. ;-) https://twitter.com/BlackBerry/statu...09998408212480
    01-20-13 07:39 PM
    They can't show anything untill its anouced. I also think the best marketing will be word of mouth.
    Honestly. The BB10s are going to be a hot item and after 2 years there should be no question. So, when the time is right, spend the money. I agree, word of mouth will help. But, get the word out to as many as possible. This launch is too important and IMO, there are no "do-overs" if this is effed up. I'm not predicting gloom and doom, but, I plan on purchasing the 2nd and 5th generation BB10s starting with the 1st after the most important and the biggest launch in BlackBerry history. So, again, one shot to market this event. So make it good great.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-20-13 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    01-20-13 07:46 PM