Is it just me or did the BB10 settings video look a lot like android? Makes you wonder what's really running underneath it all
    09-27-12 10:44 AM
    1. This isn't BB10's final form.
    2. How unique can you make a settings app? all you can do is put a different skin on it.
    Rello likes this.
    09-27-12 10:48 AM
    LOL, are you suggesting they are running Android underneath? Surely RIM wouldn't have put themselves in this position if they could just pick up a pre-packaged OS and slap it together like Samsung does. I think they want something a bit more secure than that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-12 10:50 AM
    How much different can you make a touch screen phone. They are all going to have the same look to a point.

Marbeef, shaleem, hpjrt and 3 others like this.
    09-27-12 10:55 AM
    I use an android phone as my daily driver, and BB10 is fairly different from android. The app grid looks familiar, but that's pretty much it.
    09-27-12 10:59 AM
    I use an android phone as my daily driver, and BB10 is fairly different from android. The app grid looks familiar, but that's pretty much it.
    I completely agree. To me it was so different that when I was watching the video I was like "Wow, there's going to be a bit of a learning curve for me!"
    esk369, Thunderbuck and hpjrt like this.
    09-27-12 11:01 AM
    My first look at BB10 made me think of iPhone, Android and WP8 mashed up all into one. No hint of anything from OS7. I am liking the previews of it all so far.
    howarmat likes this.
    09-27-12 11:07 AM
    My first look at BB10 made me think of iPhone, Android and WP8 mashed up all into one. No hint of anything from OS7. I am liking the previews of it all so far.
    exactly...i can see where RIM has taken cues from all other OSs and put them all in one more or less.
    09-27-12 11:16 AM
    exactly...i can see where RIM has taken cues from all other OSs and put them all in one more or less.
    Don't say that.... Apple might be listening...

I sure RIM came up with EVERYTHING all on their own and that the copied no one in their development of BB10..
    Masahiro and anon(3896606) like this.
    09-27-12 12:24 PM
    It's just you.
    hpjrt and djdragon like this.
    09-27-12 12:30 PM
    How much different can you make a touch screen phone. They are all going to have the same look to a point.

Click to view quoted image

Concur. That's why I'm different than most modern smartphone users - mine has a physical keyboard.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-27-12 12:32 PM
    Android looks alot like IOS hmmmm.. whats going on here!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    tack likes this.
    09-27-12 01:06 PM
    1. This isn't BB10's final form.
    2. How unique can you make a settings app? all you can do is put a different skin on it.
    That is exactly what I told a friend who said it looked like a "watered down" version of android. Personally I only see similarities where the apps are displayed and in setting options. Its a clean layout....but to say BB10 looks like android is stretching it. There is a obvious learning curve that's gonna come from this OS.
    sf49ers likes this.
    09-27-12 05:30 PM
    The original BlackBerry devices had icons in rows. The only change iOS and Android made was how you selected them...
    hpjrt and Masahiro like this.
    09-27-12 05:42 PM
    At this point it's like a wheel, it's got to have a certain shape to be functional.....
    ....And it looks as if the new RIM fits right in with the other circles.
    ....I'm looking forward to testing one out soon as I'm able to get one.
    09-27-12 06:03 PM

LOL, fake iPhone?
    AbuYazeedUK and RoseBud68 like this.
    09-27-12 08:11 PM
    LOL, fake iPhone?
    Haha. I didn't even realized until you mentioned it.
    09-27-12 08:37 PM
    We honestly don't even know what the REAL BB10 looks like at this point. I'm sure when it finally debuts, we will all be surprised!! RIM is smart and has seen what is going on with Apple and Android. They won't create something and get sued for copying.. There have been many suggestions that RIM should join Android or other platforms, but they have stuck to what they believe and will come out with something unique of their own like they always have. No other company has had to come back from such a tragic decline and put everything into one product. BB10 will be sometihng special!!
    09-27-12 09:19 PM
    LOL, fake iPhone?
    Dam was hoping no one noticed.
    09-27-12 10:36 PM
    Peak and other features are completely different from Android. The live tiles alone differentiate it from Android, despite being like Windows Phone.

I love the new interface, and the lack of home button has me excited. Those gestures plus peak rock.
    09-28-12 07:12 AM
    Omg not much like android at all. you really need to read more into
    the details of the BB10 OS compare to the Android OS.
    like dbw1000 said its closer to the WP7 tiles if anything
    09-28-12 08:40 AM
    Is it just me or did the BB10 settings video look a lot like android? Makes you wonder what's really running underneath it all
    no it does not. android is cumbersome. os10 is more slick and intuitive.
    09-28-12 10:47 AM
    its awesome
    09-28-12 10:57 AM
    The browser demo could have been Dolphin on my Galaxy note. The BB10 Facebook is a carbon copy of the Android with the exception you can peak instead of touch a button on the upper left hand side. Those are the 2 I saw right away and your thought came to my mind as well OP.
    09-28-12 11:10 AM
    Unfortunately this is true. Very sad!
    10-04-12 03:27 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD