I have 4 children attending college in state and out of state and while they were home during break they said the launch of BB10 is being discussed on all of their campuses. I found this to be very interesting and exciting because all my children, and the majority of their friends, have iPhones. Evidently a lot of them are tired of their iPhones and some of the email glitches they experience. Plus they say "everyone has an iPhone." My younger son who attends a college in SoCal is extremely interested in going back to BlackBerry as well as a number of his close friends. I think it's a tremendous plus for RIM that the launch of BB10 is a topic of discussion on college campuses...

Bob
    01-14-13 06:39 PM
    I think there is a sleeping giant, of consumers wanting to switch to a blackberry. It could be very drastic
    01-14-13 06:46 PM
    I think there is a sleeping giant, of consumers wanting to switch to a blackberry. It could be very drastic
    I think you are totally correct. Iphone people don't like Androids and Android people don't like Iphones. BB offers a great alternative. I will be shocked if the new BBs don't fly off the shelf.
    KDB84 likes this.
    01-14-13 06:50 PM
    I have 4 children attending college in state and out of state and while they were home during break they said the launch of BB10 is being discussed on all of their campuses. I found this to be very interesting and exciting because all my children, and the majority of their friends, have iPhones. Evidently a lot of them are tired of their iPhones and some of the email glitches they experience. Plus they say "everyone has an iPhone." My younger son who attends a college in SoCal is extremely interested in going back to BlackBerry as well as a number of his close friends. I think it's a tremendous plus for RIM that the launch of BB10 is a topic of discussion on college campuses...

Bob
    Great news and it is expected. People are tired of being.....the same. Plus at this point of the game, phones like cars, make nearly no difference...most are the same in features and pricing.
    01-14-13 07:14 PM
    Interesting angle, I like it!
    BB10 Believe it!!
    01-14-13 09:13 PM
    Absolutely�I knew this to be true as well. I can see a giant swing in sales once the word gets out that they are a competitive device. Comebacks are a beautiful thing .
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-14-13 09:36 PM
    I can see it now. Delays due to under estimation...... Dear Press.... We understand the frustration from our users but we had anticipated 20-25 million units over the next 3 quarters, not 20 million within a month. We will be working to get your new BB10 devices to you as soon as we can......... hehehe.
    01-14-13 10:09 PM
    Haven't been on campus in 5 weeks, but when I'm back in 2 weeks I will let you know if there's any buzz.
    01-14-13 10:17 PM
    Looks like, while completely unintentional, RIM did well be the multiple delays... It gave time for people to get bored of iphone and androids. So rather than going toe to toe as a fighter, they instead come in as a savior (from the mundane). Blue sea strategy apparently by accident!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-14-13 11:14 PM
    Looks like, while completely unintentional, RIM did well be the multiple delays... It gave time for people to get bored of iphone and androids. So rather than going toe to toe as a fighter, they instead come in as a savior (from the mundane). Blue sea strategy apparently by accident!
    Nice analogy, people might just want to start giving Thor a little credit! underestamate him at your peril! Just ask the shorts .)
    01-15-13 01:46 AM
    I sure hope so; I've recently had a number of my not-too-techy colleagues ask me if I've heard about the "New BlackBerry 10" and comment on how good it looks! My usual response is a bit of chuckling followed by the huge understatement: "Yes, I've heard of it"

Relatively new to the forums, but I've been a huge CrackBerry follower this past year. Exciting times!

9810 + 32GB WiFi Playbook = Unstoppable mobile office!
    01-15-13 12:14 PM
    It would be interesting to see once the BB10 phones get into the circle of friends with their iphones and Android phones and the comparisons begin happening. With the new fresh, fluid and different "cool" new features of BB10 will it win over others through word of mouth???
    01-15-13 12:23 PM
    It would be interesting to see once the BB10 phones get into the circle of friends with their iphones and Android phones and the comparisons begin happening. With the new fresh, fluid and different "cool" new features of BB10 will it win over others through word of mouth???
    That's a large piece of marketing that money cannot buy and RIM needs.

Well..aside from giving the phone away for free :P they have to price it right in order to get it in hands of people.
    01-15-13 01:35 PM
    I think you are totally correct. Iphone people don't like Androids and Android people don't like Iphones. BB offers a great alternative. I will be shocked if the new BBs don't fly off the shelf.
    Whoa!
    I didn't know that BB10 devices could fly to me!
    Hehehe, I had to.
    All jokes aside, this is excellent news.
    01-15-13 07:15 PM
    Well, some corporations have been known to plant "students" for marketing purposes. They might be actual students, but they are paid to spread the word on various products to get the buzz working.
    01-15-13 08:38 PM
    There is also the number of BlackBerry users who reluctantly moved to other platforms. They may well take a look, for nostalgia sake, and be wowed, and come back to the fold....
    01-16-13 02:06 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BB10 is going to take off big time! ... great anticipation for this phone!! .... unique in many ways! ....
    01-16-13 02:19 AM
    I feel this is important because the buzz on college campuses also dictate at times the success of music and artists. College kids are considered cool and hip and trendsetters. This could be very good news for Blackberry.
    01-16-13 06:39 AM