+1

Maybe RIMM will demonstrate how BB10 is a mobile computing platform and due something collaborative over 6 locations/continents.

I think I got it. Maybe TAT has perfected their "flick-a-document" technology previously presented. (Sorry I don't have the link). One presenter is going to be working on document say in New York and then flick the document to the other presenter in Dubai and so on. Maybe I am only dreaming.

Maybe I should stop saying maybe. LOL.
    Last edited by jechow; 01-06-13 at 09:44 PM.
    01-06-13 09:15 PM
    Given all the talk about BBM video, I would not be surprised to see all 6 launches linked on big screens with the CEO leading the launch. As to where Heins will be, while I understand the tremendous importance of the US market and the weight of New York in the media world, I would be a bit surprised if he isn't in Toronto for the launch. Again, RIM wants this to be a global event and it wants to showcase its strength which is communications so I think a simultaneous interactive launch wouldn't surprise me. Where he is seems important but secondary. Where for example does Apple or Samsung launch their products?

This is fun to speculate but even more fun will be the event on January 30th which is not too long from now.
    01-06-13 10:08 PM
    Maybe they will BBM Video each other...
    thats what i was thinking they might video it to the main one or they might have each speaker in a different location with each videoed to the others
    01-06-13 10:11 PM
    +1

Maybe RIMM will demonstrate how BB10 is a mobile computing platform and due something collaborative over 6 locations/continents.

I think I got it. Maybe TAT has perfected their "flick-a-document" technology previously presented. (Sorry I don't have the link). One presenter is going to be working on document say in New York and then flick the document to the other presenter in Dubai and so on. Maybe I am only dreaming.

Maybe I should stop saying maybe. LOL.
    TrickyCase and switcharoo like this.
    01-06-13 10:21 PM
    I haven't gotten my invite yet. As far as I know the main launch will happen in New York so I doubt any real info will be released until that one starts.
    If I got it right, this event is for "Media and Tech bloggers" only ... now how do they measure one's "social influence" if not strictly in these categories ? Mystery
    01-07-13 02:18 AM
    Again, RIM wants this to be a global event and it wants to showcase its strength which is communications so I think a simultaneous interactive launch wouldn't surprise me.
    Agree. It would be a pity to waste this opportunity (multiple locations) not to take a maximum of it and not to do something connected, interconnected, inteactive, global...
    01-07-13 02:59 AM
    Given all the talk about BBM video, I would not be surprised to see all 6 launches linked on big screens with the CEO leading the launch.
    terrific idea and another reason why the launches should be simultaneous.

also, i wonder why rim isn't having an event in their largest markets ie. indonesia, thailand

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 03:02 AM
    terrific idea and another reason why the launches should be simultaneous.

also, i wonder why rim isn't having an event in their largest markets ie. indonesia, thailand

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Maybe they see those markets as OS7 stalwarts. Will BB10 flagship phones be released/sold there straight away? Probably, I guess.
    01-07-13 03:10 AM
    If I got it right, this event is for "Media and Tech bloggers" only ... now how do they measure one's "social influence" if not strictly in these categories ? Mystery
    People that are active and helpful on their social media sites also get invited, that's why this will be my third invite.
    01-07-13 03:18 AM
    I'm not sure but there are exeptions to every rule. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...so-far-760574/

I'm just putting my availability out there.
    01-07-13 03:43 AM
    [\QUOTE] Research in Motion (RIM) the parent company of Blackberry handsets will be launching the much awaited Blackberry 10 officially worldwide to the public on Jan 30th 2013. The world wide launch event will be covered by 6 cities which includes New York (GMT -5 hours) ,Toronto (GMT – 5:00 hours ),London (GMT + 0:00 hours),Paris (GMT + 1:00),Johannesburg (GMT + 2:00) and Dubai (GMT + 4:00) and Dubai being ahead with the time zone will be the first city to witness the Blackberry 10 device launch at BurjKhalifa one of the iconic place in this region.

The official press / bloggers invites were sent today titles the Blackberry experience with the tag-line Re-designed. Re-engineered. Re-invented .The official hours mentioned is 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm which seems to be a in depth launch but there is no official word on it yet.[/QUOTE]

Well for the time difference of maximum 9hrs, it is quite possible to have a worldwide simultaneous launch...5:30pm in dubai is 9:30am New York and Toronto, 1:30 pm London, 2:30 pm Paris, and 3:30 Johannesburg....But Burj-khalifa at night....awesome!!!!
    01-07-13 06:42 AM
    Not sure why there are debates about the time. I was told by someone who is invited the times are posted.
    The Furbz likes this.
    01-07-13 08:30 AM
    I think they have something up thier sleeve to make it huge and all coordinated in some way
    Yep.

BNN will carry it and by mid next week or so I will have an answer how the rest at Crackberry.com will be able to watch live.

Media relations at RIM is well aware the Crackberry.com community wants to see this live.
    01-07-13 12:34 PM
    People that are active and helpful on their social media sites also get invited, that's why this will be my third invite.
    Kudos to that! Enjoy yourselves.
    01-07-13 12:36 PM
    Braggart! j/k
    01-07-13 06:02 PM
    So, which one are you going to, BD? London?
    01-07-13 06:07 PM
    So, which one are you going to, BD? London?
    Yep, London Baby!!!!!!!
    01-08-13 01:38 AM
    Yep, London Baby!!!!!!!
    Sigh. So jealous.
    01-08-13 01:52 AM
    Black tie affair?
    01-08-13 07:48 AM
    Yep.

BNN will carry it and by mid next week or so I will have an answer how the rest at Crackberry.com will be able to watch live.

Media relations at RIM is well aware the Crackberry.com community wants to see this live.
    If it is going to be streaming live online, I will be in class on my Playbook watching the event.
    01-08-13 09:53 AM
45 12