This is a more up-to-date version of the article on CrackBerry right now.

(Translated from Vietnamese using Google Tranlate)

+ Pure touch screen (keyboard version will be out after 1 month)
    + Video chat with integrated her style team view, in addition to look each other through the eye of a camera before, show the screen of the video chat
    + Chip Dual Core screens ISP
    + There are 2 black and white
    + Camera with auto-focus, functions continuous shooting 1shot/1giay, then choose the one with the most satisfactory.
    + In one picture can identify 10 faces and saved the whole, and choose how best to save face.
    + Battery 1800 mAh
    + The entire casing is made of plastic material with smooth black version back back and white version is the same as the back cover white 9810 - 1 point is not as expected of you but when holding quite sure sure with the features pedestal that is designed weight distribution leading both the machine to create a balance while holding
    + Back cover has an integrated NFC

BisVN - tr�n tay BB10!!! | C
    09-19-12 03:51 PM
    Of note is the 1800 mAH battery and a very rough translation of the plastic casing and weight balace...
    09-19-12 03:52 PM
    Does it make phone calls?
    09-19-12 09:26 PM
    The person who took the pictures has a post in the blackberry with the specs explained
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-hands-745648/
    09-19-12 09:45 PM
    Plastic? Come on RIM...
    09-19-12 11:54 PM
    I have to ask, if it takes one picture/second, doesn't that mean it will take 3 seconds to capture a photo if you want to use the time warp feature?
    09-20-12 01:04 AM
    i thought it would have the playbook material covering!! ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 07:18 AM
    Plastic? Come on RIM...
    NFC doesnt work well (or at all) through metal from what I understand.
    09-20-12 07:22 AM
    Plastic isn't necessarily bad. There's a wide variety of plastics that can be used. As long as it's not cheap plastic like on the S3. I'm good. But even then, I heard it isn't bothersome for people for the S3 anyway.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    09-20-12 12:54 PM
    Plastic isn't necessarily bad. There's a wide variety of plastics that can be used. As long as it's not cheap plastic like on the S3. I'm good. But even then, I heard it isn't bothersome for people for the S3 anyway.
    It isn't for me. I use a nice case though. Generally, as long as the weight feels right to me, I really don't care what materials are used in the manufacture of a device.
    09-20-12 01:30 PM
    I was kinda hoping for a carbon fiber... I don't think that interferes with NFC
    jkomo001 likes this.
    09-20-12 02:07 PM
    What about the PlayBook material? is that not able to use NFC? Initially it was said the LTE PlayBook would have NFC...does it not have it because it cannot work through the PB backing?

I love the PlayBook design! the back feels great and would love a phone with the same materials!
    09-20-12 02:17 PM
    it does interfere, also not good for the radio signal. They could use blackened fiberglass that looks the same but not the same problems with signal.
    09-20-12 02:18 PM
    I don't understand the big obsession with using metals or glass for housings. Plastic is a great material to use for phones: it doesn't cause interference, it's light weight, malleable (and therefore not brittle like glass), and is relatively strong. Most people don't abuse their phones on a daily basis to any extent that would warrant a metal housing, otherwise they'd get an Otterbox Defender any ways. The only real problems with plastic is mostly aesthetic. It scratches easily, and doesn't look as nice. Oh, and it has a low melting point, so it doesn't hold up too well when it's dropped in a camp fire...
    It may seem like RIM is "cheaping out", but if that keeps the costs of the device low, or if it means using better components in other, more essential areas of the phone, then so be it.
    The point is, there is no "perfect" material to make a phone out of. Otherwise, every phone housing would be made the same way. Plastic comes close though, if you value practicality over aesthetics.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 09-20-12 at 02:25 PM.
    phylez and mithrazor like this.
    09-20-12 02:21 PM
    I don't understand the big obsession with using metals or glass for housings. Plastic is a great material to use for phones: it doesn't cause interference, it's light weight, malleable (and therefore not brittle like glass), and is relatively strong. Most people don't abuse their phones on a daily basis to any extent that would warrant a metal housing, otherwise they'd get an Otterbox Defender any ways. The only real problems with plastic is mostly aesthetic. It scratches easily, and doesn't look as nice. Oh, and it has a low melting point, so it doesn't hold up too well when it's dropped in a camp fire...
    It may seem like RIM is "cheaping out", but if that keeps the costs of the device low, or if it means using better components in other, more essential areas of the phone, then so be it.
    The point is, there is no "perfect" material to make a phone out of. Otherwise, every phone housing would be made the same way. Plastic comes close though, if you value practicality over aesthetics.
    Exactly!

Just ask any iPhone user with a cracked screen what they think.
    09-21-12 11:12 AM
    Carbon Fiber blocks the signal. The "carbon fiber" on the back of the Bold 9900 is actually a special material developed by RIM. But yes, I wouldn't be opposed to them using it.
    09-21-12 11:13 AM
    You know it's not going to affect the end cost to the user one little bit though. They'll still charge premium pricing and any savings go in their pocket. Do I care if it's plastic? Not really. And I'm sure most people won't either.. as I'd say probably 90% of people use some type of case anyways.
    09-21-12 11:50 AM
    NFC doesnt work well (or at all) through metal from what I understand.

The BB10 Alpha device has NFC with a metal cover. I haven't heard of any complaints yet.
    09-21-12 09:13 PM
    You know it's not going to affect the end cost to the user one little bit though. They'll still charge premium pricing and any savings go in their pocket.
    Meh. You might be right. It doesn't really matter much any ways, since it's the carrier that sets the final price on the units. However, having a plastic housing might help more than having one made from titanium though. :P

Besides, even if plastic was hypothetically as expensive as metals, it still offers numerous advantages.
    09-22-12 12:02 AM
    plastics don't fair very well in the great white north's winter season. It shatters very easily.
    I just hope they can come up with a durable polymer.
    09-22-12 12:27 AM
    plastics don't fair very well in the great white north's winter season. It shatters very easily.
    I just hope they can come up with a durable polymer.
    I live in the "great white north".
    Like most people up here, I don't wear my phone outside of my jacket. Hence the phone never really gets that cold.
    Besides, not all plastic "shatters very easily" in the winter. The last time I checked, my Ski-doo has a lot of plastic on it. There's plastic on my skis, my ski boots, my skates, and several other items specifically designed for use in frigid temperatures.
    pcguy514 and Pdinos3 like this.
    09-22-12 01:10 AM
    Funny thing about glass, someone was handing me my iphone and let go of it before I had it and the front screen shattered when it hit the ground. Ended up getting my first BB after that. I will never buy the iphone again. Maybe another idevice, but not a phone. I'm all for plastic.
    09-22-12 01:55 AM
    I don't care that it's plastic, but if what we've seen is the real thing then I'm a bit disappointed in the bland "slab" styling. The Torch 9860 looked pretty good from behind.

It seals the deal: I won't be getting this L series thing. I'll wait to see what the N series looks like and probably hold out for a Torch slider design.

I don't care what the OS looks and runs like, uninspiring design will only hurt sales. Right now people are spending $900 on an iPhone in part because it is a nice design.
    09-22-12 02:16 AM
    I don't care what the OS looks and runs like, uninspiring design will only hurt sales. Right now people are spending $900 on an iPhone in part because it is a nice design.
    The iPhone 5 pics I'm seeing on Apple's site show a Black Slab or a White slab with a home button. What am I missing here?
    09-22-12 09:16 AM
    What's the whole obsession over the look of the phone about? I could have a Ferrari engine and chasis with a Volkswagen body and I wouldn't care.
    09-22-12 08:22 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD