I was curious from anyone with experience on the Dev Alpha if BB10 will have a keyboard gesture like the Playbook does?

I ask because it would be pretty cool if instead of having to hit the search button on the home screen you can just swipe up the keyboard and type away. It would basically be like having the physical keyboard and being able to start typing and it searches for you.

I know it's not on the Playbook but it would have been pretty cool if it was. Would be one less button we would have to look at on the home screen. It could reserve that space to be customizable or even removing it all together.

Anyway, just my thought as I think it would be neat to have it that way. Though I know not everyone thinks the same way I do!
    10-02-12 04:27 PM
    It does. swipe up from the bottom left to open & close the KB
    or swipe up with 2 fingures to open the KB
    breakingpoint0 likes this.
    10-02-12 05:03 PM
    It would be awesome if there were keyboard shortcuts as well (B for browser, C for camera, etc...). If not, I hope APIs are available for an app to be coded. It'll be the main thing I'll miss about my 9900 if I were to switch.
    10-02-12 05:22 PM
    Looks like it's a two finger gesture, which doesn't make sense, imo.
    10-02-12 06:07 PM
    It makes sense if you are holding it with two hands. Two thumbs up!
    10-02-12 06:49 PM
    Good to know you can still bring it up! I wonder if the universal search will work they way I'm thinking it will.
    10-02-12 07:50 PM
    Awesome feature. Keyboard shortcuts suck on touch screens because it takes time to get to the keyboard at all. A consistent no-menu method of opening the keyboard is a big plus for me.
    10-02-12 10:46 PM
    Awesome feature. Keyboard shortcuts suck on touch screens because it takes time to get to the keyboard at all. A consistent no-menu method of opening the keyboard is a big plus for me.
    It wasn't so bad on my Storm when I had the virtual keyboard bound to a convenience key so I could open/close it for instant keyboard shortcuts.
    10-02-12 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD