I really hope that the new devices that are released hopefully in October have hardware that is as nice as bb10's software. I know that the rubber back on the playbook is durable and grippy but when I see the iPhone, I just love the shiny metal/glass back and stainless steel trim.
    Do you think that the upcoming phones will have a rubber durable back? Or will they go for looks and have more elegance than the playbook?
    I'm not putting down the playbook by the way. I have one and love it
    05-19-12 11:49 AM
    Im sure it will be very elegant,the device has to be the full package.Rim wont spare any expense as the device has to have the wow factor inside and OUT.
    05-19-12 11:54 AM
    Two things:

When I'm using the phone, I can't see the back. That means that the design is mainly for other people. I don't care what other people think of my phone.

I have an iPhone I use as an iPod. It's in a hard plastic case so that the pretty glass backside doesn't break. I'd prefer not having to spend an extra $20 to protect a "superior design" that will never be seen because it's too fragile to leave exposed.

When, oh when, will function win out over form again?
    Last edited by green_ember; 05-20-12 at 01:04 AM. Reason: spelling errors drive me nuts
    lnichols, Alex_Hong and polytope like this.
    05-20-12 01:03 AM
    IMO blackberry device are for the most part very solid unites, they don't feel cheap at all and are pretty robust. I don't see that changing at all.
    05-20-12 01:39 AM
    I hope they all come with a 2MP front facing camera & 8MP rear camera.

That's all I'm really looking for on the outside of the phone lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-20-12 09:54 AM
    For now it's difficult to divine anything about what BB10 will look like from what's here.
    We expect that it will be an all-touch device.
    BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha looks an awful lot like a diminutive PlayBook.
    The similarities are numerous, from the softly rounded corners and soft-touch material wrapping the case to the chromed BlackBerry logo on the back and silver physical buttons.
    05-21-12 05:07 AM
    Is anyone concerned that RIM will have dated hardware for 2013? These phones were supposedly already being built and now the actual launch is being pushed back even further....
    06-29-12 06:28 AM
    Is anyone concerned that RIM will have dated hardware for 2013? These phones were supposedly already being built and now the actual launch is being pushed back even further....
    I think a *few* people may be concerned about this. If you have a look around there may be one or two threads on the subject. Though I'm not really sure.
    06-29-12 07:10 AM
    The hardware and software will both be out of date by the time it's released and any good ideas they showcase will be ported to other platforms within a couple days of them being announced. Predictive keyboard words on BB10? Ya someone made an iOS keyboard that copied the idea in 3 days (JB community). RIM's development cycles are not competitive and their hardware is always at least a couple generations behind - we already know this.
    06-29-12 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD