In the last 48 hours, 5 different people have brought to my attention that there is a "new BlackBerry coming out soon".

The first was a 19 year old girl who is a college student, nanny, and does part time work at a law firm. Her remarks were, "Have you seen the new BlackBerry? It's going to be 'sick'. I'm going to get it once it comes out." She is a current iPhone 4S owner.

The second is a mid 20's gentleman who is a manager at a local yogurt spot I frequent. He saw my Bold on my hip in its holster and asked, "Which BlackBerry is that?" I showed him and he said, "Did you know there's a new one coming out? It's suppose to be better than the iPhone. I might get it." He is an iPhone 5 owner.

The third is a late 20's working professional who used to work at an AT&T as an account manager has been telling everyone lately that he can't wait til the next month or two til the new BB comes out. He is a current SGS3 owner.

Fourth, late 30's family man said he heard something about a new BB, then googled it, and said he is thinking about switching from his HTC One X.

Lastly, a random person in Best Buy was talking about phones with his girlfriend, and then turned toward me and asked which BB I have and if I knew anything about the new BB coming out. I played dumb and said, "No, but what have you heard?" His reply, "I heard it's going to be the best multi-tasking phone and I might switch from my SGS3 based on what I've seen online."

Come on carriers, hurry your asses up!!!
    03-03-13 04:34 PM
    Hopefully blackberry can manufacturer enough Bb10's to keep up with demand once it hits the US market

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 05:11 PM
    I started talking about it months ago (naturally).

Co-workers laughed. But today, those same people are telling me about the Z10. This particular group though. None are getting it. One might but i highly doubt it.

But on the same floor, I overheard a group of 4 people talking about it. And the floor below us where I have friends, they know about it. I promised to show them mine when I get it. That group is is made up of people with a cautious curiosity.

I'm in Connecticut by the way.

Basically, there is HUGE awareness. But no one seems to be wanting it. Except me.
    JR A and THBW like this.
    03-03-13 06:51 PM
    In Connecticut too. In my office so far 1 android and 1 iphone user are waiting to upgrade to Z10. Their contracts are up and both are anxiously waiting for vzw to release the phone. We lost 1 impatient iphone user to Samsung....couldn't wait any longer.
    THBW and JR A like this.
    03-03-13 07:25 PM
    Some of my relatives and friends in Florida have been following the news stories on the Z10 since it was launched. Two of them, both iPhone4S users, are planning on getting it later on this month when it is released in the States, since their existing contracts are already up.
    THBW and JR A like this.
    03-03-13 07:31 PM
    In the last 48 hours, 5 different people have brought to my attention that there is a "new BlackBerry coming out soon".

The first was a 19 year old girl who is a college student, nanny, and does part time work at a law firm. Her remarks were, "Have you seen the new BlackBerry? It's going to be 'sick'. I'm going to get it once it comes out." She is a current iPhone 4S owner.

The second is a mid 20's gentleman who is a manager at a local yogurt spot I frequent. He saw my Bold on my hip in its holster and asked, "Which BlackBerry is that?" I showed him and he said, "Did you know there's a new one coming out? It's suppose to be better than the iPhone. I might get it." He is an iPhone 5 owner.

The third is a late 20's working professional who used to work at an AT&T as an account manager has been telling everyone lately that he can't wait til the next month or two til the new BB comes out. He is a current SGS3 owner.

Fourth, late 30's family man said he heard something about a new BB, then googled it, and said he is thinking about switching from his HTC One X.

Lastly, a random person in Best Buy was talking about phones with his girlfriend, and then turned toward me and asked which BB I have and if I knew anything about the new BB coming out. I played dumb and said, "No, but what have you heard?" His reply, "I heard it's going to be the best multi-tasking phone and I might switch from my SGS3 based on what I've seen online."

Come on carriers, hurry your asses up!!!
    Great example of how the word of mouth advertising is doing its part!!
    JR A and THBW like this.
    03-03-13 07:34 PM
    I can't wait til US carriers have devices in store. Until then, it's CB and YouTube lol
    03-03-13 07:44 PM
    Ha! Another person just told me about BB10 a couple minutes ago. They mentioned the "time warp" camera lol.
    03-03-13 08:43 PM
    Ha! Another person just told me about BB10 a couple minutes ago. They mentioned the "time warp" camera lol.
    That's great. Thanks for sharing.
    03-03-13 08:54 PM
    Man.

People talk to you A LOT.
    03-03-13 08:59 PM
    word of mouth will travel
    03-03-13 09:00 PM
    Good word of mouth and an anticipated HUGE advertising blitz?

Over 100 million people in the USA have smartphones. I would love for BBRY to take 5% of that market this year.

55% of phone sales in the USA are for smart phones. Seems like it's probably a market that is closer to about 140 million people.
    03-03-13 09:58 PM
    I knew a few people that say it looks "ill" meaning it looks cool and then they'll ask "will it have instagram?" Or does it have instgram?
    SK122387 likes this.
    03-03-13 11:42 PM
    LOL! This is good news. Number 3 sounds like me only I'm in my mid twenties. No more at and t for me tho. This is great to hear tho. I've had a few people tell me about it like they know what's up (even tho I eat breath and sleep bb10). Greatest part is I'm in california too
    03-03-13 11:59 PM
    the 3 people in my squad laugh at me when i talk about it, i can;t wait till i see them again in april and i can show them my Z10 hopefully they drop their jaw that it compete with their SGIII's
    03-04-13 03:10 AM
    I think we will see the same thing happen in the US as we have seen in Canada.

1 month before launch if you go in to most stores they will scoff at you. I remember looking for a playbook and just saying Blackberry and it turned the workers sour.

Once the dummy phones and demo phones show up I think that's when things start to get interesting as SOME workers at the stores will start to hop on the bandwagon. Then once all the advertising hits it will release and alot of people will have to get it. Then once the start getting it they will show their friends and word of mouth will go crazy.

I think the reason why alot of people in the states diss Blackberry is because most don't even know about this phone. Once they become aware I believe they will get the same kind of reaction as they have gotten in Canada and the UK. Maybe not as much as Canada but demand will be there.
    03-04-13 03:53 AM
    No phone = no traction.

Tim
    03-04-13 06:32 AM
    It's called buzz, and it's exactly what BB needs (even if it isn't yet available for us spoiled brat Americans).
    G-bone and jvictor77 like this.
    03-04-13 09:37 AM
    Could the USA delay be because they are actually launching the Z10 and Q10 THE SAME DAY!
    2 BB10 Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Q10 New Latest Smartphone Also The Z10 Hot | eBay

At least according to this guy they are!
    03-04-13 09:49 AM
    I am glad to hear this. I hope they have enough stock as well. I know alot of people do not like waiting for their phone to come in. If they are not a die hard fan they may not wait.

I havnt heard much from anyone lately. Most people i will ask and then inform them about the Z10 and then the Q10.

I am hoping for a great us launch. The carriers really need to get on board as soon as possible. Updates are already coming to the devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    03-04-13 09:51 AM
    I knew a few people that say it looks "ill" meaning it looks cool and then they'll ask "will it have instagram?" Or does it have instgram?
    so much this. its kinda crazy how Instagram is a deciding factor for a smartphone these days.
    03-04-13 11:49 AM
    so much this. its kinda crazy how Instagram is a deciding factor for a smartphone these days.
    I know. Its almost sad. IMO....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    03-04-13 01:19 PM
    This is the most important comment on here, because this is exactly how it will happen with people my age and younger (I'm 25)..and older. But I think once you're past a certain age, unless you have kids or younger people that show you Instagram, you might not care and might also be one of the people that are fine using alternative apps with filters since you're not into the "social media" aspect of Instagram.

Not having Instagram is the equivalent of not having a Facebook app or a Twitter app. It's that simple. I don't have Facebook, but it's something I expect on every phone (even though I delete it immediately). Lots of people "don't get" the point of Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and will write off their importance.

All BlackBerry needs is one solid commercial that shows people Skyping or using Instagram on their Z10, as well as all the other cool things it can do, and they can put the nail in the coffin of the OLD BlackBerry, once and for all.
    03-04-13 08:08 PM
    It all comes down to the retail experience. If BB delivers a great point-of-sale experience, I'd expect some very good sales in the USA.
    JR A likes this.
    03-04-13 08:10 PM
    Not having Instagram is the equivalent of not having a Facebook app or a Twitter app.
    Sorry, but I cannot agree. Both Facebook and Twitter count their users in the hundreds of millions -- Instagram is far smaller. It's also concentrated in only a couple of US cities, and popular alternatives like Flickr and Picasa are easily swapped in.
    JR A likes this.
    03-04-13 08:11 PM
47 12