No problems. Long live BlackBerry. I will continue to buy devices as long as it is manufactured by BlackBerry. No matter what OS they use.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2339 .
    That's some blind loyalty there. So no matter what they do, or how poorly they treat the customers, and they ditched the PlayBook users and now appear to be ditching BB10 and those users and maybe switching to a possible less secure offering, you will stay no matter what? BlackBerry needs more people like you!

Posted via Z30
    08-25-15 09:36 AM
    BlackBerry isn't suffering solely because bb10 was late and the current generation of devices was late to market or any of that nonsense. Chen cut the marketing budget and thinks he can turn the company around just by cutting costs and not investing in marketing or other growth strategies! How many people do you show your BlackBerry to that simply thought BlackBerry was dead years ago! How would this ever help device sales and overall profitability? Also, when I say marketing, I include partnerships with carriers which Chen has all but annihilated also, which is why consumers don't think they have BlackBerry as a choice! Chen better start advertising the PP and BB10 because android won't be the savior he thinks it will be!

Typed from my AT&T passport
    GeneralGrabber and TCB on Z10 like this.
    08-25-15 09:58 AM
    BlackBerry 10 received poor Carrier support. BlackBerry Android is going to be welcomed opened arms by them. The sales will reflect this however BlackBerry 10 will live on in Corporate and regulated markets.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 10:02 AM
    BlackBerry 10 received poor Carrier support. BlackBerry Android is going to be welcomed opened arms by them. The sales will reflect this however BlackBerry 10 will live on in Corporate and regulated markets.

Posted via CB10
    Yes to Enterprise, but without further development, it will not be too long.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-25-15 10:03 AM
    And just who would be applying this "pressure"? Did they pressure BB to make a long series of business mistakes too? Is the general public unable to purchase a BB phone if they wish?
    The US government.
    --BlackBerry apparently has made some marketing mistakes, i dont argue that point.
    --At this point in time people are not choosing BlackBerrys because they are not there in the stores, who's supposed to know to look for them or ask for them? Just like my atnt experience seeking my first phone. The BlackBerry didnt work, i asked to see a functional model, and was just told, "you dont want to buy a BlackBerry." So i didn't. I was tired of trying to figure out what to buy anyway. (adding, unbeknownst to me, this was only three months after the Z10s had first appeared in the stores.)

I didnt know anything about BlackBerry either good or bad. Sure i was 'free' to buy one, its a free country isnt it? Oops, i think I'm showing my age.
    08-26-15 09:57 PM
    The US government.
    --BlackBerry apparently has made some marketing mistakes, i dont argue that point.
    --At this point in time people are not choosing BlackBerrys because they are not there in the stores, who's supposed to know to look for them or ask for them? Just like my atnt experience seeking my first phone. The BlackBerry didnt work, i asked to see a functional model, and was just told, "you dont want to buy a BlackBerry." So i didn't. I was tired of trying to figure out what to buy anyway. (adding, unbeknownst to me, this was only three months after the Z10s had first appeared in the stores.)

I didnt know anything about BlackBerry either good or bad. Sure i was 'free' to buy one, its a free country isnt it? Oops, i think I'm showing my age.
    I'm not sure "age" is the correct term.
    08-26-15 11:30 PM
    The US government.

No BlackBerry's problems are 100% BlackBerry's doing. They waited too long to move to another OS and let Apple and iOS steal their customers in developed nations while BlackBerry sold devices in "emerging markets". Then 4 years after a response was needed they launch BB10 in a beta OS on over priced and under spec'd hardware with limited app support. As for the media bashing, yeah they bashed the phone because most of them were stuck with BBOS from their employer and wanted Android and iOS phones so negativity manifested itself in their work!

But yeah, the US government clearly has a hand in that. I think they have more important things to worry about than a company in Waterloo with a tendency to shoot itself in the foot daily.

Posted via Z30
    GadgetTravel and Ronindan like this.
    08-27-15 06:32 AM
    That's some blind loyalty there. So no matter what they do, or how poorly they treat the customers, and they ditched the PlayBook users and now appear to be ditching BB10 and those users and maybe switching to a possible less secure offering, you will stay no matter what? BlackBerry needs more people like you!

Posted via Z30
    Just get over it. I had the PlayBook and was also disappointed but I don't carry that disappointment with me everywhere I go. We are in for interesting days ahead, that is for sure!

 Z30 
    extisis and TCB on Z10 like this.
    08-27-15 09:36 AM
    So looks like 10.3.3 is coming........do I need to say it? Lots of folks with their heads in the sand. They know who they are
    09-27-15 03:27 PM
    No BlackBerry's problems are 100% BlackBerry's doing. They waited too long to move to another OS and let Apple and iOS steal their customers in developed nations while BlackBerry sold devices in "emerging markets". Then 4 years after a response was needed they launch BB10 in a beta OS on over priced and under spec'd hardware with limited app support. As for the media bashing, yeah they bashed the phone because most of them were stuck with BBOS from their employer and wanted Android and iOS phones so negativity manifested itself in their work!

But yeah, the US government clearly has a hand in that. I think they have more important things to worry about than a company in Waterloo with a tendency to shoot itself in the foot daily.

Posted via Z30
    And don't forget Google's possible role behind the scenes. Supposedly Schmidt & Co. make lots of visits to the White House. And gutless, hapless and helpless BlackBerry caves to and dumps further Android runtime development, in effect turning BB10 and its faithful users into the living dead. How stupid was it to think it can copy Samsung's curved screen and with its first Android phone compete with Samsung with the Priv's high price. So it'll be interesting to see what makes more headway in the US government and the enterprise the next couple of years: iOS, Android plus Samsung KNOX (see P0TUS' new phone), BlackBerry's flavor of Android, BB10 or BlackBerry OS 7.1.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    06-16-16 10:37 PM
    So looks like 10.3.3 is coming........do I need to say it? Lots of folks with their heads in the sand. They know who they are
    Hmmm... 9 months (from the time of your posting) and counting, missed release dates, and still coming soon. July, maybe?

*A3-A20
    OTCHRussell, JeepBB, Rello and 1 others like this.
    06-16-16 11:11 PM
    10.3.3 SDK is out for devs. So apparently BB10 is still under development.
    Where's the sdk?
    Dev Elites have it under NDA. I just so happen to know one. That's all I will say. Leaks are killing BlackBerry. So that's all I will say.
    The last quote was from 2015-09-27.

I can neither confirm or deny that elite dev Snuffleupagus was the source of the leak?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-31-16 01:49 PM
    Wow, over a year ago!

Still, it could be worse. Imagine how bad it could have been if BlackBerry wasn't committed to BB10...
    10-31-16 02:03 PM
    10.3.3 could be a buffet of new features and enhancements... but I doubt it .
    10-31-16 02:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    The android versions of BB are not receiving much better support - Look at TMobile's lack of support
    10-31-16 02:08 PM
    Boy, when they said coming soon, they really meant it lol...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure carrier support will help BlackBerry Android though. The Priv did worse than any BB10 phone I believe. The Dteks have a shot but it doesn't appear that the 60 is being taken on by any carriers yet.
    11-01-16 10:30 AM
    I'm not sure carrier support will help BlackBerry Android though. The Priv did worse than any BB10 phone I believe. The Dteks have a shot but it doesn't appear that the 60 is being taken on by any carriers yet.
    My guess is the Z3 was the biggest turkey of them all but yes the android experiment failed hard.
    Fortunately it didn't cost BlackBerry anywhere near what BB10 cost them.
    11-01-16 10:42 AM
    The android versions of BB are not receiving much better support - Look at TMobile's lack of support
    But that's not a good thing for BB10....

It's a simple indication that in the US Market... there isn't room for BlackBerry. To be honest, I'm not sure there is room for HTC, LG or Motorola either, at least not with anything other than low end devices (of course today's low end $100 Moto G, really isn't too bad).

I doubt BlackBerry is the last company to pull out of the smartphone hardware business.
    11-01-16 10:44 AM
    I hope they keep bb10 going. It is a fantastic os. And I really wish it had been marketed better.

#luvmybb10os
    phuoc and Jamar Wright like this.
    11-01-16 11:22 AM
    I hope they keep bb10 going. It is a fantastic os. And I really wish it had been marketed better.

#luvmybb10os
    Almost two years since we saw the last major development for BB10. It's been almost eight months since the promised 10.3.3 update was suppose to be released. Hasn't been a new BB10 powered phone hit the market (or even talked about in almost 18 months.

You really think marketing would do much for it?
    11-01-16 11:34 AM
    Almost two years since we saw the last major development for BB10. It's been almost eight months since the promised 10.3.3 update was suppose to be released. Hasn't been a new BB10 powered phone hit the market (or even talked about in almost 18 months.

You really think marketing would do much for it?
    In the US, a high spec phone with a excellent camera, with proper marketing, and I mean creative thought with the right spokespeople, would sell. The youth are looking to be different, the business people want a business phone,(for me that means a 4:3 or 1:1) ratio. VKB or PKB options
    silversmith75 likes this.
    11-01-16 11:39 AM
    In the US, a high spec phone with a excellent camera, with proper marketing, and I mean creative thought with the right spokespeople, would sell. The youth are looking to be different, the business people want a business phone,(for me that means a 4:3 or 1:1) ratio. VKB or PKB options

That is your opinion based on nothing more than your hopes..
    DrBoomBotz and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    11-01-16 12:04 PM
    That is your opinion based on nothing more than your hopes..
    Yep - Just like most every other statement made on these forums
    11-01-16 12:06 PM
    Ahh, the mythical superphone - superb specs, $100 million marketing campaign, Apple-style product launch attracting people like me who don't like iOS and Android and don't need a lot of apps - just ones that I want, of course.

The reality - the last BB10 smartphone was manufactured months ago.
    11-01-16 12:23 PM
172 ... 4567