Or maybe you need to get in touch with reality.

Sent via Passport!
    This from post#10 in this thread.

How's "reality" settling in for you now OP?
    DrBoomBotz, JeepBB, Rello and 2 others like this.
    11-01-16 12:27 PM

But 10.3.3 is going to be amazeballzzz!
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-16 12:39 PM

I would REALLY love to see his response to this haha

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-01-16 02:08 PM

I expect it will be the same as how "reality" settles in for most of those that have hopped on the BlackBerry Android train.....

Let's check back a year from now and see how that's going.
    11-01-16 02:28 PM
    I expect it will be the same as how "reality" settles in for most of those that have hopped on the BlackBerry Android train.....

Let's check back a year from now and see how that's going.
    The difference is that one year ago BB10 was no longer being developed at all, and all non glue eaters knew it.

BlackBerry Android may change form or ultimately go away, but at least it is very much alive right now.
    11-01-16 02:42 PM
    would be nice if reality are:
    (1) sdk got automatic format for pkg vs slap (ratio change).
    (2) set of per-programing instruction using LUT (speed up performance)
    (3) not allow some exceptions - prevent memory leak... limit foot print left behind - minimize "aging"...
    (4) self cleaning some of app "cookies" - or limit them to few. - hopefully, not sending user to evaluate their app every time you use...
    (5) limit app size - force more efficient coding and uses of resources - I know the software guys are going to hate this... just like the FPGA hardware guys always want a large chip to use... - so they can push a button and go home and get routing tomorrow - if you limit the size of the gate, you force some of the hand routing, resulted much better chip structure... But you will limited to elite programmer...
    etc.etc. where is 10.3.3 (i am not software chap... just wishful thinking.)
    11-01-16 02:44 PM
    Yep - Just like most every other statement made on these forums
    Sorry... but if a PKB phone was wanted by business and the youth, someone would make them. Even BlackBerry on sales show that VKB phones have sold better. How many announcements did they make where some poor fool of a IT department was deploying the LEAP... not Classics, but LEAPs. (have to wonder how many have been burned by BlackBerry, and won't every recommend or be given the chance to recommend another product)

And sadly marketing.. didn't work when BB10 launched, I don't know why some think it would work at this point. The ecosystem is not expected to grow like it was at launch. Sure the OS is MUCH better, but customers don't care that much about the OS. And sure there are a few hack to get many of the apps people want... but who wants to do that?

BlackBerry has tried seven different phones, they have spent millions on marketing and carrier relationships... it didn't work.
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    11-01-16 02:47 PM
    Sorry... but if a PKB phone was wanted by business and the youth, someone would make them. Even BlackBerry on sales show that VKB phones have sold better. How many announcements did they make where some poor fool of a IT department was deploying the LEAP... not Classics, but LEAPs. (have to wonder how many have been burned by BlackBerry, and won't every recommend or be given the chance to recommend another product)

And sadly marketing.. didn't work when BB10 launched, I don't know why some think it would work at this point. The ecosystem is not expected to grow like it was at launch. Sure the OS is MUCH better, but customers don't care that much about the OS. And sure there are a few hack to get many of the apps people want... but who wants to do that?

BlackBerry has tried seven different phones, they have spent millions on marketing and carrier relationships... it didn't work.
    Marketing didn't work. What marking? I guy walking around with elephant feet. People didn't even know what it was about. And there was no marketing after that.

As much as you hate bb10. Sounds like you have moved on. I don't understand why you return to the bb10 threads is there no one to bash in android central? Or is it just all android heaven over there.

#luvmybb10os
    11-01-16 09:53 PM
    Marketing didn't work. What marking? I guy walking around with elephant feet. People didn't even know what it was about. And there was no marketing after that.

As much as you hate bb10. Sounds like you have moved on. I don't understand why you return to the bb10 threads is there no one to bash in android central? Or is it just all android heaven over there.

#luvmybb10os
    Sorry but at launch, BB10 and the Z10 got lots of marketing... no not Apple level or Google Phone level marketing, but probably on par with what HTC and Motorola did back at that time. Last at least until August or September as I remember watching US Football and seeing several ads in one day. But there were ads in a number of magazine, even Verizon had some posters in their stores. BlackBerry did spends a lot on marketing their new platform..... other than just that Super Bowel ad. Now was it effective and did it showcase what BB10 could do... not many here think it did. But the issue back then and today is the product - without a platform a mobile OS isn't worth much. And after that 2nd earnings call and the contracted marketed ran out... they didn't have money to spend on marketing.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-16 07:15 AM
    marketing was horrible for BB10. now the 10.3.2 are much better, please do not repeat the mistake for dtek60... even dollar is tight... [Oops] Blackberry promotes infamous fake BBM review as praise for the new DTEK60
    i thought peeka-boo launch was bad of dtek60 (pop up here and there in different location), i guess they just have to out do themselves after the device in full view... sad.
    11-02-16 07:31 AM

I do believe that BB shut down a PKB startup for the IPhone. I do believe Ryan Seacreast would be representative of a non BB user
    11-02-16 10:40 AM
    I do believe that BB shut down a PKB startup for the IPhone. I do believe Ryan Seacreast would be representative of a non BB user

There is no doubt there are some that do want a PKB... the question is would they all agree on one form factor and hardware set?

It's doubtful that Ryan's TYPO partnership would have lasted for very long, even without BlackBerry's interference. Go read the reviews by users and professionals. Go look at just how few TYPOs were sold (Only about 50K, which is why the Judge dropped what BlackBerry was asking for).

TYPO or others (besides Samsung) are free to keep making these snap on keyboards...BlackBerry doesn't own all the designs or patents. The problem is TYPO kinda proved it wasn't a viable business. I'd be surprised if the S7 isn't the last Galaxy to have that as an option...
    11-02-16 11:10 AM

#luvmybb10os
    Marketing existed

A BB10 as from the UK :

An ad for the time shift camera :

One for the Q10 : *https://youtu.be/S-dMJ15cgAM

And lastly a Z30 ad showing off all the software features : *https://youtu.be/yFreYEKBmlU
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-16 11:52 AM
    Marketing existed

A BB10 ad from the UK :

An ad for the time shift camera :

One for the Q10 : *https://youtu.be/S-dMJ15cgAM

And lastly a Z30 ad showing off all the software features : *https://youtu.be/yFreYEKBmlU
    You're wasting your time posting those Ads.

It's become an article of faith around here that BB did not do any marketing for BB10 when it first came out. Any marketing or adverts that you or I remember, and I remember lots of them... including one for the SuperBowl! ... must therefore be figments of our imagination.

As many have previously posted, BB10 was very late to the party, offered a near-empty app ecosystem, and had no obvious must-have feature to draw buyers to the platform. All the marketing in the world wouldn't have been enough to convince significant numbers of iPhone and Android users to switch.

By the time the Z30 was released, even BB knew it was futile and the Z30 was quietly launched at a no-name Malaysian show with no fanfare and near-zero marketing.

And despite the "BB remains committed" nonsense, BB has clearly abandoned BB10.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-02-16 05:05 PM
    Sorry but at launch, BB10 and the Z10 got lots of marketing...
    The one that I saw incessantly was the AT&T Q10 commercial, which was everywhere from July to early September 2013. I tried to find a copy online, but could only find the CB article talking about it - it appears the ad itself was taken down.

New BlackBerry Q10 commercial now hitting the airwaves | CrackBerry.com
    11-02-16 10:24 PM
    Plus (in the UK) at least it was a hero phone on many carriers with big POS displays and the like.

So while as an article of religious faith I can see why the idea that BB10 was not advertised is an appealing one, it's just not true. What is true is that it was marketing but didn't have any added value for consumers so they stuck with Android and iOS.
    JeepBB and bakron1 like this.
    11-03-16 03:26 AM
    Marketing existed

A BB10 as from the UK :

Not that that ad was any good, but BB ran it a lot.
    11-03-16 03:59 AM
    Plus (in the UK) at least it was a hero phone on many carriers with big POS displays and the like.

So while as an article of religious faith I can see why the idea that BB10 was not advertised is an appealing one, it's just not true. What is true is that it was marketing but didn't have any added value for consumers so they stuck with Android and iOS.
    Advertising was just part of the reason for the failure of OS10, it was also late to the market and the non existence of an app ecosystem. This is 2016 and apps are how folks get things done today.

Look at Windows Mobile, Microsoft with all their resources couldn't get the public to accept it and they advertised it. Android and IOS are the dominant platforms now and you can either roll with them or get rolled over.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-03-16 04:52 AM
    Advertising was just part of the reason for the failure of OS10, it was also late to the market and the non existence of an app ecosystem. This is 2016 and apps are how folks get things done today.

Look at Windows Mobile, Microsoft with all their resources couldn't get the public to accept it and they advertised it. Android and IOS are the dominant platforms now and you can either roll with them or get rolled over.
    And it's not like Windows hasn't gotten better, it's not like Microsoft can't afford to keep spending billions on pushing Windows for phones.... They and BlackBerry both realized the futility of trying to sell square pegs in a world with round holes.

This comes up everytime there is a device launch.... if they would only do more marketing. Well with every BB10 phone after the Q10 is would have been a wasted investment. The PRIV should have had more marketing planned for it... but it wouldn't have worked at that price and for what it was. But BB10 devices.... personally I doubt Chen expect the Z3, Passport, Classic or LEAP to do any more than soften the eventual end of BB10.
    11-03-16 07:25 AM
    You're wasting your time posting those Ads.

As many have previously posted, BB10 was very late to the party, offered a near-empty app ecosystem, and had no obvious must-have feature to draw buyers to the platform. All the marketing in the world wouldn't have been enough to convince significant numbers of iPhone and Android users to switch.

By the time the Z30 was released, even BB knew it was futile and the Z30 was quietly launched at a no-name Malaysian show with no fanfare and near-zero marketing.

And despite the "BB remains committed" nonsense, BB has clearly abandoned BB10.
    i thought you would like Alicia Keys better than apps - NO? (not sure why marketing thought otherwise... ). I guess market finally speak up loudly. spending big does not mean effective.
    11-03-16 07:27 AM
    i thought you would like Alicia Keys better than apps - NO? (not sure why marketing thought otherwise... ). I guess market finally speak up loudly. spending big does not mean effective.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

We seem to agree that, in the early days at least, BB10 was *heavily* marketed. I doubt advertising spots during the SuperBowl come cheap, so BB also spent big too.

As I've said above, even BB quickly realised that they had nothing to market... and they stopped.

The amount of money is almost irrelevant, the marketing could never be effective as BB had nothing to work with. Without the apps, or a killer feature, BB10 was DOA. Peek and Flow, while a nice feature, which was often featured in BB10 Ads, wasn't enough to convince users of other platforms to switch to BB10.

No, the "BB10 didn't do marketing" myth is as false as another myth I frequently see here - the myth that stupid iSheep only buy iPhones in a desperate attempt to look cool... rather than because Apple's products do everything that they want.

"There's an App for that!"
    11-03-16 08:18 AM
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

"There's an App for that!"
    BlackBerry lets go of Alicia Keys as global creative director - Business - CBC News
    she is not cheap (including her program)... the priority of BB was more flashy...
    11-03-16 09:28 AM
172 ... 567