That's from 5 years ago.

Dear lord, do you honestly think nothing has changed since then? The individual services data delation option I'm talking about didn't even exist back then.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-22-15 12:08 PM
    That's from 5 years ago.

Dear lord, do you honestly think nothing has changed since then? The individual services data delation option I'm talking about didn't even exist back then.
    Their policies have not changed. You want me to do your research for you? Do it yourself. Believe what you want.

I choose to believe that unless any company - including BlackBerry - explicitly states they do not retain your data, they keep it forever.

Look at Ashley Madison. They kept data after CHARGING people to "delete" it. You think Google is just going to give up that precious money-making data because you tell them to? That's foolish.

Posted from my Q5 via CB10
    08-22-15 12:22 PM
    Their policies have not changed. You want me to do your research for you? Do it yourself. Believe what you want.

I choose to believe that unless any company - including BlackBerry - explicitly states they do not retain your data, they keep it forever.

Look at Ashley Madison. They kept data after CHARGING people to "delete" it. You think Google is just going to give up that precious money-making data because you tell them to? That's foolish.

So when Google says that your data will be permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved, even by Google itself, they are lying?

That's a pretty serious accusation.
    jallister and techvisor like this.
    08-22-15 12:27 PM
    If Blackberry was to release a version of BB10 without the android runtime, a small up-tick in native app development could follow.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-22-15 01:20 PM
    I agree with OP, but only device sales and profit will keep it moving forward.

BTW, sure seems to be a l lot of trolls on these forums lately. I've never understood the desire to take the time to write something negative to make others angry so you can feel better about yourself.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 01:28 PM
    Revelation, Chicken Little or conspiracy? GTFOH!!!

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    08-22-15 01:29 PM
    The reason they are trying to kill all non-US based operating systems is because of PRISM. Blackberry is a Canadian company so the US cannot force Blackberry to open up to prism, where the US based ones must do this. Even some US based companies has protested but they were forced to.

This is why all popular operating systems must come from the US so that they can maximize the eavesdrop capability. Symbian and Meego are gone and soon BB10 because of this.
    08-22-15 03:37 PM
    The reason they are trying to kill all non-US based operating systems is because of PRISM. Blackberry is a Canadian company so the US cannot force Blackberry to open up to prism, where the US based ones must do this. Even some US based companies has protested but they were forced to.

This is why all popular operating systems must come from the US so that they can maximize the eavesdrop capability. Symbian and Meego are gone and soon BB10 because of this.
    OR, they are the only two that remain competitive and are what the world market dictated were desirable.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    techvisor and app_Developer like this.
    08-22-15 03:41 PM
    There is many reasons why something like operation car wash happened. Could have been the cell carrier, could have been a legal request to BlackBerry, it could have been Patriot act and the NSA spying/tapping..

But that is only one aspect, I know that whether it's my home computer, my cell phone, heck even the Xbox 360, if the government wants to track you they will and it's extremely hard to avoid it 100%

But main concern these days when it comes to OS is how does the privacy and security protect me from hackers that just want to cause head aches and steel my bank information, this is where I choose BB10 over android as every month you read of some flaw in android for hacker (this new one where they can text a picture to hack you for one)

Yes I don't think gov should be able to monitor anybody freely like the C51 bill that passed in canada not long ago let's them, but ultimately for services like this to exist they have to give in to the law, even secure services like ProtonMail or Mega say the encryption can't be hacked but if requested by cops they have to give what they have.

And it's not just the phone that's the privacy issue here, it's also the apps, there was a case I read about a month ago where they were searching for this couple, they ended up finding them in Mexico because they made Spotify and Netflix hand over the user data (phone company wasn't specified)

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:32 PM
    look at what sammy is doing to convert U.S. iphone users:

https://www.androidpit.com/samsung-g...t-iphone-users

30-day free trial sliders? what exactly is BBRY going to do besides just release [2 versions of] this phone to 4 carriers....
    08-22-15 05:25 PM
    Crap, I just bought a Passport SE. I am doomed!!!!!!! LOL
    08-22-15 07:23 PM
    Crap, I just bought a Passport SE. I am doomed!!!!!!! LOL
    Nope.

You have humor on your side and can laugh at the things others take seriously.

No harm shall come your way.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    DrBoomBotz and techvisor like this.
    08-22-15 07:28 PM
    Dev Elites have it under NDA. I just so happen to know one. That's all I will say. Leaks are killing BlackBerry. So that's all I will say.

Sent via Passport!
    Any news on 10.3.3? I doubt it'll have an updated Android runtime as its an incremental update.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-22-15 10:11 PM

If I were google, I would actually delete the data if requested. Why? Because 99% of people won't ever request it. A lot of cool Android features (like Google now) rely on such information, and a large majority of users don't want to miss out on these.

Also it should be noted that while there have been Android exploits found, no hack on google servers has been found. And lets be honest, that's where the real goldmine (all the user data) is located.
    08-23-15 04:35 AM
    I'm suggesting that adopting android would be the logical step due to offering security software and services pack to Samsung devices, for example.
    And this would lead to some danger the vendor might experience. I mean sharing the unique competitive advantage - security to other vendors. On the other hand, this advantage wasn't appreciated highly by customers. So, the vendor might decide to join a platfrom with broad apps ecosystem and keep it's own OS.
    I don't want to blame the vendor trying to buy some more time to make new strategic decisions though.
    08-23-15 10:19 AM
    Nothing in this article addresses users who choose to delete their data from Google - it's only talking about normal usage, which isn't relevant to this discussion.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-23-15 02:02 PM
    Nothing in this article addresses users who choose to delete their data from Google - it's only talking about normal usage, which isn't relevant to this discussion.
    Believe what you want.

Toodeurep likes this.
    08-23-15 03:29 PM
    So when Google says that your data will be permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved, even by Google itself, they are lying?

That's a pretty serious accusation.
    Actually nobody knows for sure except the people who are responsible for managing Google's data retention policy. The thing is that, the data could have been deleted from all 'hot' servers but prior to that, they are archived into 'cold' servers that may be overseas spread all over the planet for all we know. One strong reason to do so is to be able to answer a subpoena/discovery request from law enforcement if needed in the future. The point is, digital data never truly disappears once it is on the Internet. It is naive to believe otherwise.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    08-23-15 04:21 PM
    BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere. It will be here especially in the corporate world

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 04:25 PM
    BlackBerry 10 isn't going anywhere. It will be here especially in the corporate world

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps not if the information about Qualcomm is correct.
    08-23-15 06:30 PM
    Take no offense to this, but you sound like someone who's only experience with Android is with using a Samsung Galaxy S2 or some other form of Samsung Galaxy device.

None of my Android devices have any of the problems you listed.

Let me tell ya, there isn't a single unwanted, undeletable app on any of my Android devices. Count em! Not a single one. Actually, if you want to be technical, there are no unwanted, undeletable junk apps in Android period. Buy an actual pure Android device like a Nexus and then count how many of those apps there are.

Also, I have had full control over app permissions straight out of the box with my Android phone of choice. And to be perfectly honest, my current Android phone is by far the best performing phone I've ever owned. I have a OnePlus One. It never misses a beat, silky smooth at all times. It never runs hot. It just works. I don't know, I can't find anything to complain about. The kicker is it was dirt cheap for the hardware it has.

Maybe you need to try some different Android devices. They certainly aren't all created equally, and things have changed alot since the Gingerbread days.

About your privacy comments, I just laughed. Do you honestly think there is pressure to keep BlackBerry devices out of the hands of criminals?

Come on, you can't honestly believe that. Do you?

BlackBerry has a long standing record of working with governments to catch criminals. Look at Brazil! That just happened! BlackBerry even tells you that they can and will share your data with government agencies in their TOS agreements.
    My only android phone was the LG Optimus G Pro, and I had a couple Samsung tablets with the 10.1 whatever.

I don�t think there is pressure to keep BlackBerrys away from 'criminals,' but from the GENERAL PUBLIC. The aggressive negative publicity against the brand, filled with misinformation, has convinced me of this.

Maybe there are better android experiences than what i had, it was actually upsetting to me to see the spyware stuff and to be paying ATNT bunches of money for all this discomfort and misery.

But i wont be trying anymore android devices, because i am really happy with BlackBerry, both the old and new OS'. (I'm hung up with OS7 bc it plays so nicely with my Slacker Radio subscription, so I really need both OS7 and BB10.)

How much BlackBerry tracks me is something I've never lost any sleep over. There isn't much tracking going on that isn't necessary. If i never had an android to compare my BlackBerry experience to, i wouldnt be so certain.
    08-23-15 11:03 PM
    If Blackberry was to release a version of BB10 without the android runtime, a small up-tick in native app development could follow.
    But would the "small up-tick" make up for all the "ported" apps in BBW that would no longer work?

What would be left?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-24-15 07:31 AM
    But would the "small up-tick" make up for all the "ported" apps in BBW that would no longer work?

What would be left?
    My guess is that it would not even be close.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-24-15 08:36 AM
    Perhaps not if the information about Qualcomm is correct.
    Mind to elaborate?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:19 AM
    Mind to elaborate?

Posted via CB10

Post #394 on this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/index16.html

Basically saying that there aren't enough sales of BB10 devices to pay for the custom drivers for running BB10 on the Qualcomm chip sets that will come out in the future. Even apart from that, hasn't Chen said they needed 10 million handset sales per year to be profitable? They are less than half of that now and dropping. I can't see how there can be enough sales to continue BB10 handsets.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-24-15 10:31 AM
172 ... 23456 ...