No info on upcoming BB10 releases could be do to this......

Taking Action to Stop Leaks | Inside BlackBerry

And this.......

BlackBerry CEO Chen: Product leaks will face criminal prosecutions | BGR

There's also more.......

Then there was this......

Why BlackBerry could ditch its own OS for Android

Taken from the article above

"We don't comment on rumors or speculation, but we remain committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system,which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched," a BlackBerry spokeswoman said.

Chen lays down the law on leaks. We get no info and assume BB10 is dead.

Sent via Passport!
    Irish Blues and matthewkuhl like this.
    08-21-15 10:35 AM
    That's a big relief to loyal BB fans !!!
    Posted via tapatalk on my lumia 625
    08-21-15 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the info buddy !!
    Posted via tapatalk on my lumia 625
    08-21-15 10:56 AM
    It's not just the lack of "leaks"....

It a total lack of any indication that BlackBerry is moving forward with BB10.
    extisis likes this.
    08-21-15 11:05 AM
    It's not just the lack of "leaks"....

It a total lack of any indication that BlackBerry is moving forward with BB10.
    Why does BlackBerry themselves say they remain committed?

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 11:08 AM

Sent via Passport!
    Because we can't handle the truth ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:11 AM
    They wouldn't say any different at this point, even if it were true.
    Bluenoser63 and techvisor like this.
    08-21-15 11:12 AM
    The five stages in dealing with loss: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

You have to get past stage one.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 11:17 AM
    They wouldn't say any different at this point, even if it were true.
    There is also a big camp on the forums that suggest BlackBerry is exiting hardware all together. Yet recently BlackBerry had a job posting for a senior hardware designer. That position has been removed from the postings. So apparently for a company exiting hardware.......they now have a new senior hardware designer.

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 11:17 AM
    The five stages in dealing with loss: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

Or maybe you need to get in touch with reality.

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 11:18 AM

Sent via Passport!
    I still remember when they release those BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices that summer... and soon developers started questioning the RAM usage as updates came along. And then we found out that the Z10 would address those issues with 2GB of memory. And everyone started questioning where that left the PlayBook. But BlackBerry said (a number of times) they remained committed to bring BB10 to the PlayBook.... right up to the point they decided it wasn't worth it to stay committed.

You would have to ask Chen for his definition of how they were committed to BB10..... It's like Clinton not having the same definition of sex as most people.
    08-21-15 11:28 AM
    I still remember when they release those BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices that summer... and soon developers started questioning the RAM usage as updates came along. And then we found out that the Z10 would address those issues with 2GB of memory. And everyone started questioning where that left the PlayBook. But BlackBerry said (a number of times) they remained committed to bring BB10 to the PlayBook.... right up to the point they decided it wasn't worth it to stay committed.

You would have to ask Chen for his definition of how they were committed to BB10..... It's like Clinton not having the same definition of sex as most people.
    They remained committed up until Thor took the helm. New CEO new plans. Currently under Chen they say they remain committed. The RAM issue was a valid concern.

Sent via Passport!
    Irish Blues likes this.
    08-21-15 11:32 AM
    Who knows what the plan really is? It might be Android, but then again, Android was always part of the deal since the launch of BB10.
    So what if BlackBerry has found a way with its resources (QNX, Secusmart, etc) to give non BES Android some a lot of BB10 quality and security? Do you think that maybe Google would be interested? I think so.
    John Chen has stated before that it was his desire to see sales in the hardware division not only from BlackBerry devices, but from ALL devices. Sounds pretty gutsy from a company that's struggling to turn around, but hey, anything is possible... and Chen has pulled it off before.
    Everyone seems to be blowing a gasket that BB10 is on the way out. It could be. But who knows what's going to replace it?
    If BlackBerry can build something that works for me in my business without having to have 2 devices, then they'll certainly have my attention.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-21-15 11:47 AM
    They remained committed up until Thor took the helm. New CEO new plans. Currently under Chen they say they remain committed.

Sent via Passport!
    ??CEO change - a year and half after Thor came on board??? Thor was the one that said they were committed. I know Thor didn't launch the PlayBook, but he was CEO for most all the time they said they were committed to it.

Their commitment to the PlayBook ended when the launch of BB10 failed and it become apparent that they where in trouble - about the time Thor put the company up for sale if I remember.

I'm not saying that they aren't committed to BB10.... just that their actions "that we can see" don't indicate that is the whole story.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 11:48 AM

10.3.3 SDK is out for devs. So apparently BB10 is still under development.

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 11:49 AM
    ??CEO change - a year and half after Thor came on board??? Thor was the one that said they were committed. I know Thor didn't launch the PlayBook, but he was CEO for most all the time they said they were committed to it.

Their commitment to the PlayBook ended when the launch of BB10 failed and it become apparent that they where in trouble - about the time Thor put the company up for sale if I remember.

I'm not saying that they aren't committed to BB10.... just that their actions "that we can see" don't indicate that is the whole story.
    The RAM issue was what killed it there.

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 11:55 AM

Sent via Passport!
    Of course it's being worked on, we see it everyday in the spotted thread. The question is have they switched to a support model, or are they making significant developments.

I'm a huge BB10 fan, and will own the last one ever made. But I accept that it never gained traction and is ultimately doomed.

I haven't see seen any new SDK yet. Link please.

Last edited by conite; 08-21-15 at 12:12 PM.
    techvisor, gfondeur and extisis like this.
    08-21-15 11:59 AM

Sent via Passport!
    Where's the sdk?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 12:08 PM
    The RAM issue was what killed it there.

Sent via Passport!
    But the RAM issue had been known about for almost a year....

What killed it was that BlackBerry could not afford to invest in a project that would not bring them a financial return. Thor assumed BB10 would be a hit and they would sell millions... if that had happened they could afford to spend resources on "fixing" the PlayBook issue. Even if it had ended up just being a Android Runtime upgrade... that would have been enough for some.

You know back the first of the year, I think most of us and Chen hoped that Enterprise would buy millions of Classics and LEAP and that BES revenues would grow.....

Commitments change....
    techvisor and gfondeur like this.
    08-21-15 12:09 PM
    But the RAM issue had been known about for almost a year....

What killed it was that BlackBerry could not afford to invest in a project that would not bring them a financial return. Thor assumed BB10 would be a hit and they would sell millions... if that had happened they could afford to spend resources on "fixing" the PlayBook issue. Even if it had ended up just being a Android Runtime upgrade... that would have been enough for some.

You know back the first of the year, I think most of us and Chen hoped that Enterprise would buy millions of Classics and LEAP and that BES revenues would grow.....

Commitments change....
    Chen did state that fleet purchases would ramp up as the fiscal year progresses. Government, enterprise etc take time to adopt.

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 12:10 PM
    Where's the sdk?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Fantasy land?

techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 12:15 PM
    Where's the sdk?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Dev Elites have it under NDA. I just so happen to know one. That's all I will say. Leaks are killing BlackBerry. So that's all I will say.

Sent via Passport!
    08-21-15 12:20 PM
    No info on upcoming BB10 releases could be do to this......

Taking Action to Stop Leaks | Inside BlackBerry

And this.......

BlackBerry CEO Chen: Product leaks will face criminal prosecutions | BGR

There's also more.......

Then there was this......

Why BlackBerry could ditch its own OS for Android

Taken from the article above

"We don't comment on rumors or speculation, but we remain committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system,which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched," a BlackBerry spokeswoman said.

Chen lays down the law on leaks. We get no info and assume BB10 is dead.

Sent via Passport!
    The evidence says otherwise. They have to say they are committed to BlackBerry 10 otherwise, sales will go to zero until the Android phone is released. The lack of a road map for native development, means that BlackBerry 10 is where it is with no new features.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 12:29 PM

Sent via Passport!
    Osbone Effect. HP was committed to WebOS until they killed it.
    08-21-15 12:30 PM
    There is also a big camp on the forums that suggest BlackBerry is exiting hardware all together. Yet recently BlackBerry had a job posting for a senior hardware designer. That position has been removed from the postings. So apparently for a company exiting hardware.......they now have a new senior hardware designer.

Sent via Passport!
    So where have all the posting about C/C++ native BlackBerry 10 software developer jobs. All the software developer jobs have been with Android asks.
    08-21-15 12:32 PM
172 123 ...