As expected....the posts and comments around the launch of BB10 are mixed...but, in my opinion, for the wrong reasons.

The launch ran as scheduled and promised. The products will appear as scheduled and promised. The experience is as new
    and innovative as promised. Yet......the trolls are rampant, as usual.

"Where is Instagram"? "Where is Netflix"? "Where is Skype"? Oh, wait....Skype was announced...damn that cut/paste.

I not only pre-ordered a new Z10 today, but also bought shares in RIM recently. I believe in the comeback. I see the potential. I see
    the benefits of the new OS. Is it "better" than iOS or Android? I dunno....I'll have to play with it to decide. But I tell you something...BB10
    introduces some features that excite me...we shall see soon enough.

Where I believe we fail as a community is still over the same stuff..."My device is better than your device, and if you're not using my device, you suck".

I was excited that Skype has committed to BB10...I'm certain it will come to fruition. Netflix is most likely not too far behind, given all the complaints
    from BB users. If it doesn't, oh, well...I don't choose my smartphone based on Netflix, or any other App. I choose it based upon my needs.

I hope that BB10 gets a fair shake in the market, because it really looks like a kick-a$$ OS.
    01-31-13 04:14 AM
    Couldn't agree more. Besides, do the people who buy blackberry really give a stuff about instagram?
    01-31-13 04:24 AM
    Couldn't agree more. Besides, do the people who buy blackberry really give a stuff about instagram?
    The issue is the people who buy BlackBerry right now aren't enough to keep them above water. BlackBerry needs to get some people from the Android and iPhone crowd to come over, and if that includes getting "play" app developers on board, then they need to do it. BlackBerry can't survive as a work only device, they need to appeal to the consumers "play" wants/needs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 04:46 AM
    I think it can survive as a work only device its just that even businesses are leaving blackberry for other platforms. I really think bb10 is designed to bring some of those back.
    01-31-13 04:57 AM
    I think it can survive as a work only device its just that even businesses are leaving blackberry for other platforms. I really think bb10 is designed to bring some of those back.
    It will, but many companies are moving to BYOD, so I think BB needs to get many more "play" apps on board. Balance is perfect for BYOD, but they need to appeal to the consumer who wants the "play" apps their Android or iPhone will do, while having a work mode for business, and keep that data separate from each other.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 05:06 AM
    I never understood byod. Why would you want to allow some virus ridden pos on your intranet
    01-31-13 05:26 AM
    As expected....the posts and comments around the launch of BB10 are mixed...but, in my opinion, for the wrong reasons.

"Where is Instagram"? "Where is Netflix"? "Where is Skype"? Oh, wait....Skype was announced...damn that cut/paste.
    Actually Skype was announced as a coming soon application not an already available application for BlackBerry 10. Announced and available are not synonymous. BlackBerry screwed the opportunity to impress both BlackBerry users and the general public. I have no use for Skype and NetFlix but some people consider these applications to be essential to their mobile experience; neither is ready for BlackBerry 10. We witnessed the launch of the BlackBerry PlayBook deja vu.
    01-31-13 05:31 AM
    Actually Skype was announced as a coming soon application not an already available application for BlackBerry 10. Announced and available are not synonymous. BlackBerry screwed the opportunity to impress both BlackBerry users and the general public. I have no use for Skype and NetFlix but some people consider these applications to be essential to their mobile experience; neither is ready for BlackBerry 10. We witnessed the launch of the BlackBerry PlayBook deja vu.
    I don't think it's PB deja vu, but definitely could have been better. Especially that March US launch date :/. I know BB can't be blamed for that entirely, but neither can the carriers. iPhone and Android launches are usually immediately available on the carriers, BlackBerry could have worked harder with making this happen.
    01-31-13 05:41 AM