I liked what I saw yesterday, but I would like to know what their plans are for the following features:

3D Maps and Turn by Turn Navigation
    Productivity Suite (MS Office Mobile?)
    Video Calling (Native BBM and/or Skype)
    Voice Assistant
    Native Ticketing System

Anyone have any insight?
    09-26-12 08:40 AM
    No insight yet, maybe today or tomorrow during the Dev Con...also RIM needs to keep some surprises for the consumer community...things like native Maps and productivity suite are native final products for the end user, and they will use these major revamped apps to sell the phone and BB10 before launch.
    09-26-12 08:47 AM
    Another needed feature: some sort of highly integrated note taking app. Possibly Evernote or some app that integrates with Evernote that also allows collaboration through BBM.
    09-26-12 10:07 AM
    I liked what I saw yesterday, but I would like to know what their plans are for the following features:

3D Maps and Turn by Turn Navigation
    Productivity Suite (MS Office Mobile?)
    Video Calling (Native BBM and/or Skype)
    Voice Assistant
    Native Ticketing System

Anyone have any insight?
    Alright, so it seems like most of your suggestions are already here.

The productivity suite was included with the PlayBook, Office to Go, etc..

Voice Assistance was leaked on the Dev Alpha.
    09-26-12 03:46 PM
    I genuinely do not understand why people want 3D maps - not having a go at you OP, just wondering as both Google and Apple have launched 3D maps recently. Obviously it looks nice, but other than that does it really make that much difference to navigating? I manage very easily with 2D maps.

Also, OP sounds a bit like you want an iphone :P
    kbz1960, fanatical and sf49ers like this.
    09-26-12 05:07 PM
    What is a "Native Ticketing System"?
    09-26-12 06:41 PM
    I hope they will have onenote by MS.
    09-26-12 06:49 PM
    How about taking credit cards?
    09-26-12 07:04 PM
    I genuinely do not understand why people want 3D maps - not having a go at you OP, just wondering as both Google and Apple have launched 3D maps recently. Obviously it looks nice, but other than that does it really make that much difference to navigating? I manage very easily with 2D maps.

Also, OP sounds a bit like you want an iphone :P
    I agree, in fact I prefer no maps on my turn by turn nav. I've been using BlackBerry Traffic exclusively for about a year now, and it's the best Nav. I've ever used.

The first few times I used it, it seems strange not having the maps there, but I adjusted, and wouldn't go back now.....

So my hope is for BB Trafic on BB10, nd if they inigrate maps into it, I hope theres an option to turn them off

Good Question

The productivity suite was included with the PlayBook, Office to Go, etc..
    I certainly hope this is improved in BB10. Office to go is great in a pinch to read a doc or spreadsheet, but that's about it.... and lets hope they give us a better PDF reader while they are at it !!
    09-26-12 07:15 PM
    I was wondering what that was too
    09-26-12 07:28 PM
    I'm guessing a Passbook-like app that keeps your tickets/itinerary info together in one location. BlackBerry smartphones already have Travel, which is older than Passbook (but extremely useful while traveling). I'm assuming they would port that over to BB10.
    09-26-12 09:48 PM
    What about the hide icons and folders feature? Good for privacy if you have the need for it.
    09-26-12 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD