I'm not sure if there is a thread like this in existence, if so, I apologize. I was wondering if fellow BlackBerry users have little ideas they'd like to have incorporated into BB10? I for one would like a more simple way to hide and lock movie and picture folders on the phone. Or possibly a way to lock certain apps if you wanted to. For example outside of just locking your phone period, some of us my have nosey people around at times that like to pick up your phone and start looking and opening things. Or you might lend your phone to someone to make a call or something, they end their call and become curious. I'd like a way to say, prevent people from going into your hub, or launching facebook and seeing your personal stuff pop up right away. Before you hand your phone over to someone for whatever reason, there should be a quick gesture, maybe from the pull down menu that has the connections etc, that should allow you to put the phone in a "discreet mode" per say that would automatically make all your media files invisible, disable your hub etc so someone could play with the camera or make a call without accidentally seeing anything in your phone that you might not have wanted them to see. Also is there going to be an orientation lock built into the OS, again possibly in the pull down menu that has the settings etc? Just some thoughts or brainstorming out loud. I'd like to see or read other ideas that people might have that they feel would make the new phones even better!
    10-27-12 05:13 AM
    I have a 9860 and a 9800 but they dont hold a candle to my N9 regarding its Drive app and Maps. So apart from a big screen and slide out QWERTY KEYBOARD,I'd really like to see RIM bring out great utility apps for Maps,driving,weather, reading glass magnifier -practical things-Swiss Army Phone from BB as well as Office Executive phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 06:04 AM
    A slider with BIG QWERTY keyboard like 9900. Don't sacrify battery life and the keyboard so it's thin or light like an i5, function comes before fashion.
    10-27-12 07:35 AM
    I'd like BB10 to have good call quality because it is a phone..Right??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 07:28 PM
    I'm not sure if there is a thread like this in existence, if so, I apologize. I was wondering if fellow BlackBerry users have little ideas they'd like to have incorporated into BB10? I for one would like a more simple way to hide and lock movie and picture folders on the phone. Or possibly a way to lock certain apps if you wanted to. For example outside of just locking your phone period, some of us my have nosey people around at times that like to pick up your phone and start looking and opening things. Or you might lend your phone to someone to make a call or something, they end their call and become curious. I'd like a way to say, prevent people from going into your hub, or launching facebook and seeing your personal stuff pop up right away. Before you hand your phone over to someone for whatever reason, there should be a quick gesture, maybe from the pull down menu that has the connections etc, that should allow you to put the phone in a "discreet mode" per say that would automatically make all your media files invisible, disable your hub etc so someone could play with the camera or make a call without accidentally seeing anything in your phone that you might not have wanted them to see. Also is there going to be an orientation lock built into the OS, again possibly in the pull down menu that has the settings etc? Just some thoughts or brainstorming out loud. I'd like to see or read other ideas that people might have that they feel would make the new phones even better!
    Sounds like someone may have more than one partner lol
    10-28-12 01:29 AM
    I'd like to see a customizable swipe, it would replace the convenience key we currently enjoy. I know with BB10 we can easily leave a favorite app running in the background and get to it quickly, but some apps are battery drainers, and you wouldn't want it running in the background. And we must continue to have keyboard shortcuts!
    10-28-12 04:04 AM
    Like to see a few things:

* Slider
    * App so I can take credit cards from my blackberry
    * Good call blocker
    * Police Scanner

See dont want to much, problably more, but all I can think of for now.
    10-28-12 07:13 AM
    I want the ability to pick my own default programs.

If i choose to download a 3rd party browser or program that fits my needs better than the stock version of said app, I want to use the app every time.

there are clearly better pdf readers on the playbook than the default adobe one. if i go through the file management system and tap on a file it should automatically open the program I want. Same goes for the browser.

Kevin the posted the Brain storming video about controlling the OS, this what he should of talked about. sorry got a little ranty there I'm done now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    10-28-12 07:29 AM
    Gestures for browsing...
    With the 9900, I can use the keyboard to go to the top of a page or bottom, but with the playbook going up to the top of a page can get tedious. On a full touch device they should incorporate gestures to do this or if you swipe very fast in any direction then a virtual button should appear on the screen which can directly go to the end of the page in whichever direction the swiping was done. This would make scrolling large webpages easy.
    10-28-12 07:48 AM
    Gestures for browsing...
    With the 9900, I can use the keyboard to go to the top of a page or bottom, but with the playbook going up to the top of a page can get tedious. On a full touch device they should incorporate gestures to do this or if you swipe very fast in any direction then a virtual button should appear on the screen which can directly go to the end of the page in whichever direction the swiping was done. This would make scrolling large webpages easy.
    Or you can use space button to go page down, PB is a little frustrating at times in this respect.
    10-28-12 12:53 PM
    One of Kevins bb10 brain storm presented a great idea:. Ability to pin down active frames! I whant this feature, so please someone make a change request to rim?

Another, if we do not get skype (hope we do), make a very cool BBM desktop app and html5 for other ecosystems.
    10-28-12 08:14 PM
    I would like to have the siri like function be more smarter than usual. Watch the star trek series again made me think about things more.
    fliguy likes this.
    10-28-12 10:06 PM
    I would like to have the siri like function be more smarter than usual. Watch the star trek series again made me think about things more.
    Yes a Siri like function I think would be phenomenal that is probably the one thing that I LOVE about the iPhone besides Instagram which we're supposed to get!
    10-29-12 12:39 AM
    Another, if we do not get skype (hope we do), make a very cool BBM desktop app and html5 for other ecosystems.
    This made me think, I would love to bridge my PB and BB10 to my computer, the same way it all shows up on my PB. And if we could get BBM video to use the webcams on our computers that would be great (y)

I don't think they should make a standalone BBM for desktops, but I would like to be able to bridge BBM to my desktop.
    10-29-12 05:16 PM
    Another feature I just saw today in WP8 looked handy, it's similar to what the OP is suggesting.

This is an engadget review (sorry WPCentral) and in the video he talks about it at 9:40.
    Windows Phone 8 review -- Engadget

It's basically different user accounts, so you set it so your phone always needs a password to use, but other users can go into a separate profile without a password, and you set the permissions for what apps appear in that profile. The example he used was for his kids, he doesn't want his kids using the phone, and checking his email, and sending out tweets under his name, so he basically just set up a kids profile and added a bunch of games and stuff that they can access without a password.

Obviously Blackberry shouldn't copy this exactly, but I do like the way WP set it up, looks nice and simple.

Disclaimer: I LOVE Blackberry and I'm not trying to troll, just trying to contribute to improving Blackberry 10
    10-29-12 05:25 PM
    I agree that the phone needs a way to provide an alternate profile/or guest user protocol. Since security is a big selling point for BB and now everything gets moved to the "Hub" then there should be a way to allow access to certain apps or portions of the phone with out completely unlocking the phone and granting full access to everyone. Generally, I hate giving my phone to my kids to keep them busy when we are waiting in line and such because I don't want them to go routing around my phone. Another aspect is, I have a few relatives that are EMT's and police officers and they sometimes use the victim’s phone to get contact critical information for next of ken and significant others so the police can easy inform people in emergency situations. I think have a feature like this is useful in more ways than one. Currently on my BB I at least have a lock screen that displays my name and contact information (if the phone gets lost or worse).
    10-29-12 09:15 PM
    Here is a list of some of the features I would like to see continued or added to BBOS.
    Continued Features
    -The alarm clock will still be active while the device is turned off.
    -Quick access to Phone Profile and Communication Services from the “home” screen (done?).
    -Mini HDMI output (on the current dev devices)(done?).
    -Password vault (done?).
    -OS 6/7 file manager.
    -Micro SD card slots for all phones.
    Added Features.
    -Cross platform NCF compatibility. Sharing images and information with Android, Windows and Iphone (when they get NFC) just by tapping phones together will improve the integration of BB phones in a Android/Apple saturated market.
    -Guest user profile with the ability to control which apps are accessible to guest user.
    -Separate icons for each different email account in “Peek” ( I think most people have at least 2 email accounts, 1 primary and a secondary account. Separating the two accounts in Peek would be great).
    -Automatic location based services (i.e. activate wifi automatically when I get home or at a frequented hotspot or To-Do list notifications when near relevant locations). If android can do it I know that BB can.
    -Native support for Text-to-speech for notifications while Bluetooth is active (i.e. device will read header and senders name for emails or speak caller ID information for incoming calls).
    -Customizable gesture based unlock screen (no Alpha-Numeric or dot matrix codes that requires the user to look at the screen to unlock the device).
    -Nike+ integration (if a ipod nano and Android phone can have this feature I am sure Nike will extend it to BB too).
    -Save photos directly from videos stored on the device.
    -Devices come unlocked from the factory.
    This is a short wish list of features BB10 should have right out of the box to provide the best user experience before apps are downloaded.
    10-30-12 05:07 AM
    * "Desktop mode" similar to Ubuntu for Android
    * Backup to external HDD without desktop software
    * Working sync software for Mac
    10-30-12 06:00 AM
    Here is a list of some of the features I would like to see continued or added to BBOS.
    Added Features.
    -Cross platform NCF compatibility. Sharing images and information with Android, Windows and Iphone (when they get NFC) just by tapping phones together will improve the integration of BB phones in a Android/Apple saturated market.
    -Nike+ integration (if a ipod nano and Android phone can have this feature I am sure Nike will extend it to BB too).
    I figured that would just be up to the app. Since you setup it to listen for NFC, like Bluetooth, it should just listen for a NFC transmission and then handle the data. Not 100% positive on that, but I think that's how it would work.

Nike+ integration, I think that is simply Bluetooth 4 and is also app based. So, it would be up to someone cracking the Bluetooth data feed or Nike+ opening up their API to allow other devices to connect to it. Nike made an announcement about releasing the Fuelband API earlier this year, but I still haven't found any direct link to the API. This is the main problem with getting most apps to the BB, the lack of open API by the device maker.
    10-30-12 07:21 AM
    the ability to send multiple pictures (or other files) over bbm...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 08:21 AM
    QWERTY option
    Front Facing Camera for Skype
    Mainstream App Support
    10-30-12 11:56 AM
    support for 64G SD cards and dual sim card support.
    10-30-12 12:00 PM
    please let there be a slider
    10-30-12 12:10 PM
    I have tried to transfer Pictures from a BB 9900 to a Android 4.2 device and vice versa and it wouldn't connect. Small packets of data is fine (contacts, urls, etc.), but not photos and videos. Android to Android fine, (I didn't have access to a second 9900 so I don't know if photo and video sharing is possible BB to BB, but I assume that it can), but no Android to BB. I also know that sharing large files isn't possible when transferring from Windows 8 to Android also.
    10-31-12 04:13 PM
    I have tried to transfer Pictures from a BB 9900 to a Android 4.2 device and vice versa and it wouldn't connect. Small packets of data is fine (contacts, urls, etc.), but not photos and videos. Android to Android fine, (I didn't have access to a second 9900 so I don't know if photo and video sharing is possible BB to BB, but I assume that it can), but no Android to BB. I also know that sharing large files isn't possible when transferring from Windows 8 to Android also.
    I wonder if it is because it switches from NFC to Bluetooth when larger packets are being transferred.
    11-01-12 06:13 AM
27 12