So no major surprises that the hype brigade was promising.
    The question is will you still get it, or were you lef to believe this was actually an android & iOS killer instead of the competitor it actually is?

For me the answer is yes, Blackberry still does what i want the best. But i imagine there are a few disappointed people who may have got carried away in the hype by the over zealous!
    01-30-13 10:47 AM
    I would buy one today in the US if I could!
    darkehawke, iToya and JR A like this.
    01-30-13 10:51 AM
    I never believe in hype nor do I follow trends. Anyone that does so is just setting themselves up for disappointment.
    I will probably take a look at athe Q10 as I couldn't stand a full touch screen phone regardless of how slick it is.
    darkehawke likes this.
    01-30-13 10:52 AM
    I will definitely still get the Z10 as soon as I can here in the UK.

I just feel a little sad that Blackberry missed a chance to really impress the world and to wipe that face of Apple fanboy's faces.

They should have had more videos of famous people such as Usain Bolt, Huffington post woman, Justin Beiber, J-Lo and any other high profile person they could get their hands on. Hype coming from celebrities would have worked wonders as people want to be like them. Thorsten seems like a great guy, but does anyone really want to be like him
    01-30-13 11:08 AM
    I would buy one today in the US if I could!
    And now I might get a new Android phone.

WTF
    01-30-13 11:15 AM
    i will still have to wait. but am willing to do so
    01-30-13 11:17 AM
    I'll keep my HTC till the PB gets an upgrade, assess it then, and if I really like BB10 will probably start counting my pennies to get the Z10. Or, at that point, the Arista (bigger, quad core and other goodies.).
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    Yeah i think we'll see another phone before the playbook gets the update!

They need a budget model out there quickly
    01-30-13 11:44 AM
    Well I guess the analysts who said there were delays were partly right at least.

While it's disappointing its delayed I don't have an upgrade to use so it's mitigated for me. I will not pay full price for this one so I can be patient I don't have a choice. I hope the keyboard is out before my May upgrade though...
    01-30-13 11:57 AM
    Keyboard one should be out by May
    TH said April in the Q&A
    And keep in mind this was a Global launch and the phones are officially available from tomorrow.
    Its the carriers in the US who are still testing.
    01-30-13 12:01 PM
    I've been holding onto my upgrade with AT&T since November...H.E.L.L. yes I'm going to buy a Z10. I have no need for a Galaxy 4...5..234..2348979...No desire to get an iPhone 5..5s..483revised.

But damn! This March delay is the worst.
    JR A, NdBlu14 and Jedi_Blackberry like this.
    01-30-13 12:01 PM
    And now I might get a new Android phone.

WTF
    Why? You need a new phone right now?

Yes in the fall when my contract is up.
    01-30-13 12:02 PM
    I've been holding onto my upgrade with AT&T since November...H.E.L.L. yes I'm going to buy a Z10. I have no need for a Galaxy 4...5..234..2348979...No desire to get an iPhone 5..5s..483revised.

The time will fly by.
    Look on the bright side. All the early bugs should be ironed out by the time you get it
    01-30-13 12:05 PM
    No major surprises? Are you serious? Skype! People have been crying for Skype for months! Threatening that it's the highway that will have them choose other platforms!
    NdBlu14 likes this.
    01-30-13 12:06 PM
    No major surprises? Are you serious? Skype! People have been crying for Skype for months! Threatening that it's the highway that will have them choose other platforms!
    Skype was leaked a while back my friend
    01-30-13 12:07 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    oh Yes!... bb10 is an awsome phone!!! ..
    01-30-13 12:08 PM
    Yes. This was an announcement event; doesn't change what BB10 is in the least.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    01-30-13 12:10 PM
    So no major surprises that the hype brigade was promising.
    The question is will you still get it, or were you lef to believe this was actually an android & iOS killer instead of the competitor it actually is?
    My intention to by a BB10 device was never based on anticipated surprises. It was based on what was already known, and that hasn't changed.
    01-30-13 12:14 PM
    My intention to by a BB10 device was never based on anticipated surprises. It was based on what was already known, and that hasn't changed.
    That was exactly my thinking.
    unfortunately looking at other threads, some people were pulled into the hype
    01-30-13 12:16 PM
    Well I guess the analysts who said there were delays were partly right at least.

While it's disappointing its delayed I don't have an upgrade to use so it's mitigated for me. I will not pay full price for this one so I can be patient I don't have a choice. I hope the keyboard is out before my May upgrade though...
    everything went as expected given we've already seen most the features thru leaks and what not. people don't follow the leaks will be more impressed.

didn't show bb maps probably because it's ok, not fantastic.

the march release date really stinks.
    01-30-13 12:21 PM
    No one that has been around for a few releases should have been surprised that it was going to be additional time until the carriers released stateside(here in the US). Personally, I really expected a longer date - April/May for us. Especially At&t customers. So, I hoped for a quicker release after two years, but, not surprised at all and not really disappointed. We went thru this with the original BOLD by watching all the good/bad/whines posted about the device before it was released in the US. Anyone remember? My options are still open until I get one in my hands on whether I keep it or not. The hype and also the anticipated Superbowl add will help RIM, but, don't feel that excitement from years past. Yawn....wake me when it's March.....er, early April.
    01-30-13 12:22 PM
    oh Yes!... bb10 is an awsome phone!!! ..
    and we in the us can't have a hold of it until march. like looking at a tasty cake but can't eat it.
    01-30-13 12:24 PM

agree. it stinks. my coworkers and I are holding out and we don't know how longer our phones will last.
    01-30-13 12:26 PM
    Skype was leaked a while back my friend
    I must have missed that blog. It must have been a pretty big deal.

Still, they also promised Instagram. With March availability, chances are Instagram will be ready by the time you Americans get BlackBerry 10.
    01-30-13 12:28 PM
    Getting one for sure!
    01-30-13 12:29 PM
46 12