I know we don't know a lot about the handsets yet - but does anyone know if the new line will have the same "in holster" options that are activated by the magnet in BB cases etc?

I just LOVE the in holster function - like having two phones in one and it would be a shame to see it go.
    11-13-12 01:42 PM
    I agree. I use my holster all the time and don't want to lose that option. The fact that it silences my phone notifications and vibrates only is awesome. That, and it's one less thing I need to find room for in my pockets.
    11-13-12 02:32 PM
    If the Dev Alphas are any indication, yes. Run a magnet over the back of them and they sleep immediately.
    11-13-12 02:38 PM
    If the Dev Alphas are any indication, yes. Run a magnet over the back of them and they sleep immediately.
    Awesome. I was hoping RIM wouldn't forgo some of its trademark features in an attempt to become more similar to other phones on the market (which doesn't make sense at all to me now that I type it out...).
    11-13-12 02:40 PM
    The funny thing non-blackberry owners don't know about the holster feature. When the do learn about it, they like the idea.

I change my profile of course with the holster, and also use it to lock the phone.

If you get a Sena flip case, the flap has a magnet. so it is like holstering. I used Sena cases for a while until I went to the Bold. The SENA Bold case doesn't fit well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-13-12 07:36 PM
    Sleep function is a sweet feature to have. Having it as a quick-draw open to the latest message is something I always enjoyed with a BlackBerry.
    11-13-12 09:36 PM
    Hope so... I'm using holster full time for my torch.
    Just love the end call by sliding in to holster. I literally doesn't use the lock button in the phone anymore. Even the end call button is not used at all...
    Hope rim pattened this function.
    11-14-12 04:58 AM
    i mean patented the function. lol.

Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    11-14-12 05:08 AM
    Yep ... also in password settings. ("lock terminal when inserted in a pouch").
    BB10 devices - in holster function?-img_00000003.jpg
    11-14-12 05:21 AM