I have a 9900 and have had it since launch day.. So about 9 months.. I'm bored and need a new phone to use till the new year.

I tried and s2 and really liked it but was drawn back to my bb 9900 before my trial period was over.

I'm thinking i'm going with the S3 white 32Gb. I'm curious about the htc x one as well though.

I'm not going back to apple.. I used the 3g then 3gs and then 4 for about 3 years and i hate apple even more now because of how ty the phone works as a phone and how everyone has one, not because it works, but because they friends have one.. I pulled the 4 out for 2 weeks for testing mdm. 1st week was fun and then i started to hate it again.. Can't make calls from the same places i had no issues with my 9900. Iphone is back in the drawer.

If you aren't waiting till 2013 to get a new BB phone, what are you getting in the meantime or moving to permanetly?

I'm not looking for bashing or trolling.. Generally curious what peoples thoughts are.

Still love my playbook and never use our ipad.
    06-29-12 09:49 AM
    I have had my 9800 for almost 2 years now and was waiting for BB10. Instead, I think I'll get a 9900 to tide me over.
    06-29-12 10:01 AM
    I'm still in contract so really I have to stick with the Bold 9900 but I don't mind. I do love it. However, I am curious about the Bold 9790 for some reason.

I have considered an Android device as a second device and did get the Nexus S to do this but I find I hardly use it. With a PlayBook and BlackBerry, I don't really need anything else. A BlackBerry does exactly what I need it to do, so even with the BB10 delay, I'll hold out for it.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    06-29-12 10:02 AM
    I just got my Curve 3G early this year so I am going to keep using it till 2014 :P
    06-29-12 10:03 AM
    Looking at galaxy note or iphone 5 since I have an upgrade in the fall, was planning on going with bb10 but I cant wait for it
    06-29-12 10:04 AM
    I have a 9900 and have had it since launch day.. So about 9 months.. I'm bored and need a new phone to use till the new year.

I tried and s2 and really liked it but was drawn back to my bb 9900 before my trial period was over.

I'm thinking i'm going with the S3 white 32Gb. I'm curious about the htc x one as well though.

I'm not going back to apple.. I used the 3g then 3gs and then 4 for about 3 years and i hate apple even more now because of how ty the phone works as a phone and how everyone has one, not because it works, but because they friends have one.. I pulled the 4 out for 2 weeks for testing mdm. 1st week was fun and then i started to hate it again.. Can't make calls from the same places i had no issues with my 9900. Iphone is back in the drawer.

If you aren't waiting till 2013 to get a new BB phone, what are you getting in the meantime or moving to permanetly?

I'm not looking for bashing or trolling.. Generally curious what peoples thoughts are.

Still love my playbook and never use our ipad.

There's a good post in the Android section of this blog on the HTC One X vs. Samsung Galaxy S III. Each has it's merits. As a bb user, the removable battery, expandable memory and LED notification light on the S3 might entice you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 10:13 AM
    The phone I have works fine. Will wait-out to see if the BB OS 10 N-series hits. If not, I'll weigh my options. Wife had an HTC droid phone, and I didn't like it. She now has an iPhone 4s, and while I like the interface, I want a physical keyboard.
    06-29-12 10:15 AM
    Got the 9810 on launch day in August of last year, and unfortunately AT&T lengthened the upgrade period from a year to 19 months, which means I'm not eligible for an upgrade until March of next year -- right about the time BB10 will drop/not drop. I'm been tempted to pay full price for the Galaxy S III, but I think the Windows 8 phones will merit serious consideration, so I will be waiting a bit. It's highly, highly doubtful I'd wait for BB10, which I don't think we're going to see anyway.
    06-29-12 10:18 AM
    I'm staying with what I have. When my contract is up I'll figure it out then. If by then it is still the same old RIM I will move to something else.
    06-29-12 10:22 AM
    I'm stuck in a Canadian contract with my 9790 so ill probably be using this phone for a while. Which I don't mind I still like it. But when my contract is up or if I get bored In a year and there still isn't anything from rim I'll probably look at a Windows phone.
    06-29-12 10:22 AM
    hit upgrade button on Verizon last night and have the torch 9850 in route was gonna wait but Verizon informed me that last day to keep my plan the same was yesterday and my sure press on my 2.5 yr old storm 2 is crappin out i wait no more but i didnt jump ship RIM should have just sent it to me free just for being so loyal how bout a new OS update for my playbook ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 10:28 AM
    Here is my scenario: I had a BB Tour and had an upgrade availible for December 2011 and that was the time BBX was supposed to be out...then a delay until possibly early 2012 so I thought about it and eventually got a Droid Razr on my upgrade day. Then it was switched to BB10 and they said early Q4 2012 so I was pissed even more but thought it was worth the wait still. I planned on selling my Razr and switch back to my Tour so I can have some money towards my BB10 phone Octoberish. Well here we are and it is delayed once again to early 2013...that is a full year past the ORIGINAL launch date. I hate my Razr and have wanted to switch back to BB, but I am not going to wait for BB10 anymore. I'll get a Bold 9930 or Torch 9850 and call it a day.
    06-29-12 10:40 AM
    I was going to replace my phone with a bb10 and pass my 9900 to my boss. Now i will just get another 9900 and upgrade when BB10 is out.

To be honest my 9900 does everything I need/want to do with a smart phone. I tried the iphone 4 for a couple weeks and for actually communicating the 9900 wins hands down. And to me that is what matters most.
    06-29-12 10:41 AM
    Having helped my coworker set up his new SGS3 (after 7 years as a dedicated BB user), I am really, really tempted.

Enough so that I'm selling my 9900.
    brucep1 likes this.
    06-29-12 10:44 AM
    Unless I pay full retail for the phone, or my beloved 9930 dies or has some sort of freak accident, I'm with BB until 2014. I used to switch phones every year when the early upgrade was available to me, but with this option no longer available, it should deter me from switching every year. By then, who knows what will be out? Galaxy S4? iPhone 6S? BB10.1?
    06-29-12 10:47 AM
    My contract is up in February and I was going to wait to see what BB10 will be like but screw it.

Going woth a Google/microsoft combo.

Going to get a galaxy nexus unlocked along with a nexus 7. And next year im getting a nokia WP8 on contract with a windows 8 ultrabook and wait for the 2nd version of surface.
    06-29-12 10:49 AM
    I'll stick with my 9900 and PlayBook combo as it does everything I need.
    06-29-12 10:49 AM
    I have an upgrade april 2013 so it might just work out ok for me. I might look at the razor max. I have played with one, but i dont like the non removable battery and being tethered to a charger. So we wait.
    06-29-12 10:56 AM
    I was hoping for some BlackBerry 10 love later this year... Ah well.

Think I'll go with the iPhone 5 as I've started to invest heavily in the iOS ecosystem. Used a S 2 for some time but I'm just not fond of Android.

The other fruit company it is.

On a side note. This delay spells the end of RIM as far as I can tell.
    06-29-12 11:04 AM
    I shall stay with my 9810. Best phone I ever owned.

It ain't gonna be an iPhone, that's for sure. Had one for a month. What a horrid little device. Never tried Android but I've heard the OS is a really messy so unless WIndows 8 phones hove quickly into view it will be BlackBerry for me for a loooong time to come.
    06-29-12 11:08 AM
    I will stick with my 9900...I am so impressed with this phone I would use my upgrade for another one if needed.
    06-29-12 11:14 AM
    One more year to go for my 9900 contract.
    The only phone I'll change until then is ... a BB10 device.
    06-29-12 11:20 AM
    I'm not eligible for upgrade until around April 2013 anyway, so we'll see what's what at that time. If BB10 had come out when we thought it would, I might have bought one off contract, if it really looked great; but obviously that's not happening.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G, which I actually like. I switch between it and my 9900 now. It's on Gingerbread, but is in the queue for ICS at some point. I can't say I'm especially concerned one way or the other about that. For most purposes it works as well as my 9900, and now that Mugen makes a 2000 mAh battery for it, battery life is a bit better on the Blaze. Prior to that, they were about equal.

In short, I have two pretty good smartphones, so I'm not itching to get another. If something new comes along that offers some new functionality that I'm not even thinking about now, my outlook could change. But I expect I'll just keep using these two for the next 9 months to a year.
    06-29-12 11:22 AM
    I am addicted to my 9900 and have no interest in other brands. I am, as another poster stated, very curious about BB9790.
    06-29-12 11:28 AM
    I'm staying with what I have for the time being. My contact is up summer of 2013, so I'm sure by then they will have some good BB10 phones out by then.
    06-29-12 11:31 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD