Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 05:30 PM
    I wouldn't pay for apps that haven't had an app update in over 6 months unless its of so simple function that it doesn't need updates. Its not a large amount of money either way tho.
    11-03-16 05:46 PM
    If you are using BB10 and there's a paid app in BlackBerry World you want to use, why wouldn't you get it. It's not like it going to suddenly stop working.
    11-03-16 05:47 PM
    I wouldn't pay for apps that haven't had an app update in over 6 months unless its of so simple function that it doesn't need updates. Its not a large amount of money either way tho.
    Why would an app need an update for an OS that hasn't had any significant changes in about a year and half?
    11-03-16 05:48 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Not unless they are Android and can be used on a new Android device.
    11-03-16 05:49 PM
    1. BlackBerry 10 isn't officially dead yet.

2. It's worth it if the developer is active and it's an app you really like or need.
    11-03-16 06:49 PM
    This is what questions raised as they are still with price tag but no updates!? And no future for OS why do they display then?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 06:49 PM
    Yes we do have Good native application with good price but with out latest updates and improvements it's not worthy to waste money!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 06:51 PM
    Why would an app need an update for an OS that hasn't had any significant changes in about a year and half?
    Because maybe the app relies on services external to the OS. A relevant example is the native browser which people regularly complain that doesn't work well/at all in some websites. Thats why I said simple. A calculator app wouldn't need an update unless for additional function for example.

The best way is the read recent reviews. If users are complaining bugs/lack of functionality for months and its not updated then don't pay .
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-03-16 07:25 PM
    Get what apps you want! I am getting a couple of app updates weekly, same as always. All my apps work well: news, weather, Evernote, Face10, Fitbit etc. The browser is great. The BB10 apps are cheap compared to my wife's android. BB10, itself, is still miles ahead and does not need any more "development" IMO.

BB, Still the One
    11-04-16 06:20 AM
    I believe now is prime time to to develop apps for BB10 to extend capability of it.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    11-04-16 06:23 AM
    Waste of money. Even Bla1ze even said they are not developing the native CB10 app for BlackBerry anymore and one of the reasons if not mistaken is because BlackBerry itself has stopped developing the api's for apps themselves and the functionality has become very limited.

That's why many app devs have left BlackBerry10 platform, most notably whatsapp.

Don't fool yourself BB10 OS is dead, albeit not officially but be rest assured it's dead.

And for the guy in the comments who said the BlackBerry browser works great is crazy. Don't listen to people like him. It completely sucks. He clearly doesn't know what a modern browser feels like. It's was good for 2014 standards but he been passed by essentially all other browsers in speed and functionality.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    11-04-16 07:16 AM
    I just spent $4.99 for printhand, so yes, in my case it was worth it.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    11-04-16 07:19 AM
    And for the guy in the comments who said the BlackBerry browser works great is crazy. Don't listen to people like him. It completely sucks. He clearly doesn't know what a modern browser feels like.
    I actually find it works better than Firefox on my laptop, or the Samsung browser on my wife's S7, but maybe my browsing and search habits are different from yours.

BB, Still the One
    11-04-16 08:58 AM
    If its something I can use and its only a dollar, why not?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 09:01 AM
    There are some worth paying for, you can't make a huge generalization about all of them.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-04-16 09:04 AM
    I just spent $4.99 for printhand, so yes, in my case it was worth it.
    Good purchase! It has always worked well on my Z30 and an update just came through despite some on here claiming BB10 is "dead"(still works as great as ever), apps are not being maintained-- blah, blah, doom & gloom!

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 11-04-16 at 09:26 AM.
    11-04-16 09:08 AM
    Yes we do have Good native application with good price but with out latest updates and improvements it's not worthy to waste money!

Posted via CB10
    I think you're missing a fundamental point.
    BB10 is dead, yes, but the app developer spent TIME and MONEY developing that app. As long as the app works they should be able to charge for it.

Your argument sounds a little bit like going to a book store and saying, "look, you guys spend $100,000 four years ago to print this book. Not all of the copies have sold, but since paper is obsolete and the book is four years out of date, you should GIVE me this copy".

My brother drives a car that is out of production. He still has to pay for spare parts - it COST someone money to build and stock that part.

So, if these apps are so offensive, by all means, ignore them.
    linuslim and TCB on Z10 like this.
    11-04-16 10:31 AM
    Waste of money. Even Bla1ze even said they are not developing the native CB10 app for BlackBerry anymore and one of the reasons if not mistaken is because BlackBerry itself has stopped developing the api's for apps themselves and the functionality has become very limited.

That's why many app devs have left BlackBerry10 platform, most notably whatsapp.

Don't fool yourself BB10 OS is dead, albeit not officially but be rest assured it's dead.

And for the guy in the comments who said the BlackBerry browser works great is crazy. Don't listen to people like him. It completely sucks. He clearly doesn't know what a modern browser feels like. It's was good for 2014 standards but he been passed by essentially all other browsers in speed and functionality.
    It's too bad that you are so disappointed with your experience with BB10 that you think others shouldn't assess their own situation and make their own decisions. When I left BB10 recently is was working just fine and all my apps were still working. I just decided it was time to move on.
    11-04-16 10:49 AM
    if you want it....just get it. There are not too many really good apps on bb10 to choose from anyhow.

So spent the 1/2� and be happy. Why even bother asking other people....

CB10 on my Classic
    11-04-16 11:25 AM

My BlackBerry browser works great on this 'ol z10... and my Q5... and my Passport..... and my z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 11:31 AM
    If you are using BB10 and there's a paid app in BlackBerry World you want to use, why wouldn't you get it. It's not like it going to suddenly stop working.
    Agreed. There are some apps there that still function great. I'd also add that there are apps that are still receiving updates from the their devs and in those cases I think it's absolutely fine to support them.

I think this is likely more a case by case situation. There are certainly people on the forum that have horror stories about the browser. I also think over time it will sadly degrade. With that said there are many who don't have any issues with the browser. I am thankful I'm one of those people *knock on wood* Mine is chugging along just fine. No slow downs or crashes yet thankfully.
    11-04-16 12:56 PM
    Prime example here why BlackBerry failed to be profitable selling to their fanbase.
    Lots of junior Rockefellers and Sheiks out there who somehow believe that a rapidly shrinking userbase of a niche product is entitled to free stuff.
    11-04-16 02:36 PM
    I'm not an app guy at all and I spent around $15 last month on apps for my Passport just out of curiosity. Everything is fine phone works great for me, if you think it's dead move on. I'm good for next couple years.
    Last edited by last_attempt; 11-04-16 at 03:42 PM.
    11-04-16 02:44 PM
    Prime example here why BlackBerry failed to be profitable selling to their fanbase.
    Lots of junior Rockefellers and Sheiks out there who somehow believe that a rapidly shrinking userbase of a niche product is entitled to free stuff.
    It's not about spending money or free stuff all we want is active OS, I feel this way if we get good updates periodically the OS become more active naturally and we feel happy that we also part of growing user base, it's obvious if you don't get treated well you will move to some one else and your active user base will shrink more rapidly as you mentioned!! Because BB10 is far superior than others!!!!! That's why we are looking for native apps to be maintained well to show our strength!

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    11-04-16 04:35 PM
31 12