Blackberry mobile operating system, probably BB10 has been receding in the US and reached a low of 0 .17%. But since it bottomed out it has started to steadily increase and the last three days it has been increased to 0.29%. Not great but a positive trend is encouraging.Is there anything special going on in the US that would account for this?
    04-21-16 08:04 PM
    A US carrier launched a BB10 handset? Is this really something worth watching even month to month?
    04-21-16 08:31 PM
    Where are you getting these numbers? 0.17 is so bad.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 08:47 PM
    Where are you getting these statistics from?

You aren't speaking of a jump from 17 percent to 29 percent - you're talking about a difference of barely 1/10th of a percent. There is almost no way these numbers aren't within the margin of error.

They could have gone up, down, side-to-side, and all around but with numbers that small, there's no way to know.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and TGR1 like this.
    04-21-16 08:51 PM
    (SMH) stop.

I'm a fan as well but stop.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-21-16 09:07 PM
    I could be wrong, but- at this point, I don't see anyone(accept for some members on here) picking a BlackBerry 10 over a new iPhone or Android.....unless buying a used Z30. I purchased mine 2 years ago.

from my Sexy Z30; 10.3.2.2474 OS.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-21-16 09:08 PM
    Source?
    04-22-16 05:51 AM

You aren't speaking of a jump from 17 percent to 29 percent - you're talking about a difference of barely 1/10th of a percent. There is almost no way these numbers aren't within the margin of error.

They could have gone up, down, side-to-side, and all around but with numbers that small, there's no way to know.
    It is still nearly 60% growth on a platform abandoned with no new devices in a year and "replaced" by android
    04-22-16 06:31 AM
    I have actually talked to quite a few people lately who have noticed my passport. They explained how they plan to buy one and have been researching purchase options. In fact at AAA center while renewing my drivers license 2 employees said they were saving to buy them outright from AT&T.
    04-22-16 06:36 AM
    I have actually talked to quite a few people lately who have noticed my passport. They explained how they plan to buy one and have been researching purchase options. In fact at AAA center while renewing my drivers license 2 employees said they were saving to buy them outright from AT&T.
    Here on CB we heard lots of stories like this one: "person X saw my BB10 phone and looked interested in buying one", but most of the time they did not buy it. People ca be interested in buying a lot of stuff, but most of the time they speak with their wallet and don't buy it (for whatever reason) or buy another thing.
    04-22-16 06:58 AM
    A US carrier launched a BB10 handset? Is this really something worth watching even month to month?
    Nope. Not at all. You're better off watching grass grow.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 07:29 AM
    Here on CB we heard lots of stories like this one: "person X saw my BB10 phone and looked interested in buying one", but most of the time they did not buy it. People ca be interested in buying a lot of stuff, but most of the time they speak with their wallet and don't buy it (for whatever reason) or buy another thing.
    How do you know they don't buy them? You seldom see a followup. Ill likely never see those people at AAA again, so ill never know. The fact is there is public interest in a product that Blackberry has deemed a failure due to low demand. I believe public demand was not the issue... it was public awareness or lack thereof. Product awareness has been VERY slow to spread and seems to be just now starting to get out there.
    04-22-16 07:47 AM
    I agree with this statement. And half of the time it's due to Blackberry's fault. Half of those who told me they wanted to buy a Passport came back to me and said they couldn't find one in any store! In as much as buying online is convenient, for certain products people just have to touch one before buying it. In my case, I also was interested with the Priv, but wanted to play (hold and test) with one first. However, finding one on display is very difficult.
    04-22-16 07:49 AM
    If that's even accurate, it's a fraction of a percent. Hardly a cause for excitement. And it likely means a business finally upgraded their fleet of Bold 9900s to BB10, not that consumers are switching to BlackBerry.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    04-22-16 07:56 AM

If results are measured on such a detailed scale, going from 0.17% to 0.29% is like a seventy percent increase, even if that results in only 0.10 percentage point.
    Claims about the margin of error, without knowing what it is, is just as much speculation as what you are calling OP out on.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    04-22-16 08:16 AM
    Is it BB10 creeping higher in the US-goodnewseveryone.jpg

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! BB10 marketshare has risen by 70.5882 percent!
    04-22-16 10:18 AM
    When you have talked with several million people who are interested, let us know.
    04-22-16 10:47 AM
    It is still nearly 60% growth on a platform abandoned with no new devices in a year and "replaced" by android
    04-22-16 10:55 AM
    When you have talked with several million people who are interested, let us know.
    So I single handedly need to conduct market research using a sample size larger than Blackberry or any other company uses to determine a common trend? I think my experience alone is enough to establish my own opinion. If you don't agree than you are absolutely entitled to that.
    04-22-16 01:10 PM
    So I single handedly need to conduct market research using a sample size larger than Blackberry or any other company uses to determine a common trend? I think my experience alone is enough to establish my own opinion. If you don't agree than you are absolutely entitled to that.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but it does not constitute a trend outside of your small analysis.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    04-22-16 01:46 PM
    Outside of BlackBerry, no one has the data to really know what BlackBerry is doing. Most these "results" are from inaccurate web tracking sites or from even more inaccurate polling of random users. You poll a 1000 people and your results will be fine for general research.. You poll another 1000 people the next day and you have different results.. That's why the margins for can be as high as 10% for some of these reports. Not bad when you have two major "products" and you are just looking at them.
    04-22-16 02:01 PM
    If results are measured on such a detailed scale, going from 0.17% to 0.29% is like a seventy percent increase, even if that results in only 0.10 percentage point.
    Claims about the margin of error, without knowing what it is, is just as much speculation as what you are calling OP out on.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    Given sales are guessed at estimated at best using dubious unknown means of data collection, measuring precision to 0.0x% is absolutely bulls- inconceivable amazing.

ETA: Elephant_Canyon made a good point. I was assuming sales but had no basis for that. Sales? Ad impressions?
    04-22-16 02:21 PM
    Blackberry mobile operating system, probably BB10 has been receding in the US and reached a low of 0 .17%. But since it bottomed out it has started to steadily increase and the last three days it has been increased to 0.29%. Not great but a positive trend is encouraging.Is there anything special going on in the US that would account for this?
    0.17% of what? 0.29% of what? Web traffic? Smartphone sales? Self-selected Internet poll respondents? Online petitions?

Also, what's your source?
    04-22-16 02:21 PM
    Again, source?
    04-22-16 04:31 PM