http://www.macgasm.net/2012/11/06/in...0-for-windows/

BB10′s web browser is the fastest mobile web browser overall.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Clinto and Jonesy1966 like this.
    11-09-12 01:21 PM
    bb10 browser doesn't look that fast in the demos
    11-09-12 01:40 PM
    did you see the graph
    11-09-12 01:45 PM
    I must be missing something, I don't see BB10 in any of the graphs.
    11-09-12 01:49 PM
    This from the usually hostile TechVibes:
    BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform

One of the biggest drawbacks of current BlackBerry devices is their mediocre mobile web experience.

Many of small screens, low resolutions, and no touch functionality. That makes browsing via the mobile web a real pain.

Research In Motion never anticipated how big the mobile web would be, which is why it fell behind Google's Android and Apple's iPhone, who offer vastly superior browsing experiences: bigger screens, higher resolutions, and responsive multi-touch gestures. RIM still offers great email, but people want more—they want to be able to do virtually everything they can do on a full-size desktop.

Well, RIM finally got the message this year and as a result is placing huge emphasis on creating a killer mobile web browsing experience for BlackBerry 10. The company's forthcoming browser slaughters standard HTML5 tests, making the iPhone's Safari browser look like an antique. And now BB10's browser has cleared Ring 1 on the Ringmark test, becoming only the second mobile browser to ever achieve the ranking.

“The browser team here at RIM has been working closely with the HTML5 experts at Facebook, who developed the Ringmark HTML5 test suite, to ensure the BlackBerry 10 browser would meet the standard,” wrote Matthew Staikos this week on RIM's developer blog. “By meeting the Ringmark Ring 1 benchmark standard, developers can add a level of advanced functionality to their HTML5 apps and be confident that the BlackBerry 10 browser can execute the app without problem.”

BB10 scores a perfect 149/149 on Ring 1. The latest Safari for iPhone fails nine tests on iOS 6.0. And where the iPhone scores in the high 300s on HTML5test.com, BB10 scores in the high 400s—nearly a perfect score and even better than Google Chrome on desktop.

BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform - Techvibes.com.
    bb624 and dusdal like this.
    11-09-12 01:49 PM
    Inforgraph: Chrome 19 Fastest Mac Browser, Internet Explorer 10 for PC

BB10′s web browser is the fastest mobile web browser overall.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    OK, if there are only demo-dev bb10 phones, how can someone state bb10 browser is fastest mobile browser??
    11-09-12 01:50 PM
    yea it is! It passed ring 1! Even my chrome browser on windows 8 can't pass it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    11-09-12 01:56 PM
    I'd take these scores with a grain of salt.

The Playbook browser scored quite high on html5test.com, but apparently all that website does is the following : "It doesn't actually determine whether the HTML5 functions are correctly implemented, it merely tests for their presence."

When the Playbook browser was tested on Microsoft's HTML5 performance test website, it actually failed miserably with very poor performance and even crashing on some tests. Safari on iPad and the stock Android browser on the Galaxy S3 did much better with the Microsoft suite. See the discussion here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post7713555

I understand the BB10 browser is not the Playbook browser. All I am saying is that these scores have been demonstrated to be misleading.
    11-09-12 02:33 PM
    Lol, what is this graph even measuring?
    I can make a graph that shows an Apple is faster than a Banana...
    There are literally no details, even at the source link...is this rendering speed, loading speed, script speed, scrolling speed...?

Also, what is "Blackberry 5"?
    howarmat likes this.
    11-09-12 02:36 PM
    I'd take these scores with a grain of salt.

The Playbook browser scored quite high on html5test.com, but apparently all that website does is the following : "It doesn't actually determine whether the HTML5 functions are correctly implemented, it merely tests for their presence."

When the Playbook browser was tested on Microsoft's HTML5 performance test website, it actually failed miserably with very poor performance and even crashing on some tests. Safari on iPad and the stock Android browser on the Galaxy S3 did much better with the Microsoft suite. See the discussion here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post7713555

I understand the BB10 browser is not the Playbook browser. All I am saying is that these scores have been demonstrated to be misleading.
    I'm not disputing what you're saying but for someone like TechVibes to praise any RIM product (see my previous post) is a rare event unto itself. This is a publication that takes great delight in bashing all things RIM left right and centre for no particular reason. Their most recent RIM related post before this one was reporting the DOA comment as actual FACT. I'm sure if anyone could find fault in these results they could, would, and would relish reporting them. I would love to see real world results but we're not going to see those until just before or at launch.
    11-09-12 02:41 PM
    the chart shows BB 5 does it not?
    11-09-12 03:06 PM
    OK, if there are only demo-dev bb10 phones, how can someone state bb10 browser is fastest mobile browser??
    RIM ran the tests themselves, the results on html5test.com are made public, I can't say for sure if they are on Ringmark or not.
    11-09-12 03:21 PM
    the chart shows BB 5 does it not?
    Yeah I don't know what's going on. BB5 instead of BB10. Said BBOS6 came out last year. But it actually came out two years ago.

Loses its credibility.
    11-09-12 03:26 PM
    I'm not sure using the PB is a good reference just because BB10 development is the priority. The HTML5 backend is something used for both and BB10 is much higher also.

Under the Windows icon they mention browser response time. Not sure on the tests involved but safe to say it isn't just being pinged.
    11-09-12 03:34 PM
    I'm not sure using the PB is a good reference just because BB10 development is the priority. The HTML5 backend is something used for both and BB10 is much higher also.

Under the Windows icon they mention browser response time. Not sure on the tests involved but safe to say it isn't just being pinged.
    If those bars are accurate, I think it's also safe to say that BB10 is not ~20x faster at whatever this task is either.
    11-09-12 03:43 PM
    Although it's usually good to be skeptical, I think this is something to be excited about. It's not like there is proof that the BB10 browser WON'T be spectacular. This is something I can see RIM hitting out of the park just because it's something they have control over, as opposed to popsicle hold-outs of big name apps for example. We've known for MONTHS that the BB10 browser will boast a high html5 score, and I'm sure RIM has continued to make more improvements.
    11-09-12 04:03 PM
    And lot of the people on Crackberry said the Playbook browser was incredible before release and when I got it (right before the OS 2.0 update), it had major problems displaying basic GIFs and it had javascript problems. Until I can test it in everyday situations I'm going to ignore these numbers.
    11-10-12 12:24 PM
    Where has the author been?

One of the biggest drawbacks of current BlackBerry devices is their mediocre mobile web experience.

Many of small screens, low resolutions, and no touch functionality. That makes browsing via the mobile web a real pain.
    11-10-12 12:27 PM
    Where has the author been?
    11-10-12 12:39 PM

Seriously?
    11-10-12 01:09 PM
    If those bars are accurate, I think it's also safe to say that BB10 is not ~20x faster at whatever this task is either.
    So you are calling the guy a lier?
    Not gonna get into an argument where I don't know anything about the test, but the graph speaks for its self even though its incorrectly labeled. I don't know what to think but I guess its good news and I'm sure we'll be hearing more.

If you didn't know it was BB10 and it was some "masked" or new company, would you believe that?
    11-10-12 02:58 PM
    So you are calling the guy a lier?
    Not gonna get into an argument where I don't know anything about the test, but the graph speaks for its self even though its incorrectly labeled. I don't know what to think but I guess its good news and I'm sure we'll be hearing more.

If you didn't know it was BB10 and it was some "masked" or new company, would you believe that?
    No i dont think i would believe it because its clearly not even inline with other results. Something is fishy. It beats out all other browsers on the planet by something like 10x the speed.

BB10 Browser is the fastest mobile browser-new_relic_fastest_browsers.jpg
    11-10-12 03:15 PM
    Seriously?
    Haha, no. But that was when OS5 was current, which meant a -poor browser before RIM acquired Torch Mobile and had them build a better browser.
    11-10-12 04:43 PM
    Although I'm not going to brag to friends that the BB10 browser is 20x faster then anything else, because I see little chance of that being true.
    The graph and the Techvibes article coming out do point to something special with the new BB10 browser. Thats the news here that so often gets smothered in the noise.
    I cant wait to have one of these!!
    11-10-12 05:35 PM
    Logged in to say that this thread made my day. I still believe in BB10 though!
    11-10-12 05:55 PM
29 12