It could also be when the battery is charging. How about the people with that OS actually tell us what it is.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    10-30-12 09:34 AM
    How about the people with that OS actually tell us what it is.
    Ding ding ding ding, there's a thought.
    10-30-12 09:56 AM
    I think a boot screen, no matter how it looks is not good. Just because it has a progress bar and illuminates doesnt help. If its still slow, its just gonna show you how slow its exactly loading up.

More focus should be put into having a fast boot period. No progress bar should be needed IMO.
    10-30-12 10:15 AM
    It could also be when the battery is charging. How about the people with that OS actually tell us what it is.
    same as dev alpha.
    10-30-12 10:42 AM
    I think a boot screen, no matter how it looks is not good. Just because it has a progress bar and illuminates doesnt help. If its still slow, its just gonna show you how slow its exactly loading up.

More focus should be put into having a fast boot period. No progress bar should be needed IMO.
    As I told you before, this is not a boot screen, but Wiping Mode. The person who do that told me.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-30-12 10:44 AM
    As I told you before, this is not a boot screen, but Wiping Mode. The person who do that told me.
    This actually makes sense. The percentage being shown on a boot screen did seem strange....If true, that's the coolest wiping progress bar I've ever seen. Thanks aragone79

Also, I confirmed this morning that the Dev A and B run the same OS build. Obviously this is just pertaining to us average devs. There are others with higher builds out there for sure though.
    10-30-12 11:09 AM
    I actually prefer the animated boot screen because of the visual appeal. If the final device will take forever to boot, its best if they go with the animated screen than this numbered one... Also this looks like something outta gameloft games..
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-30-12 11:46 AM
    I don't know if I'm really feeling it. Seems to be that the over all aesthetic of BB 10 is still a little conflicted. The Boot screen uses the same squircle design as the clock but over all the OS seems to be focused on sharp lines and a really boxy look as opposed to smooth and rounded edges. It's just the boot screen and I don't really care what it looks like, and like Bla1ze I hope not to have to see it very often, but I still feel that there is some conflict and different teams are raking different approaches to design elements. Hope they are still polishing and the finished product looks more cohesive over all.

RIM people keep saying they are focused on the little details and while this appears to be true, it appears to be that each team is focusing on little details in their own way with little over all design direction. Everything looks pretty, but it looks more like a collage of pretty stuff pieced together then a masterpiece of beautiful art by a single gifted artist.
    10-30-12 12:10 PM
    I like it. Very Tron-esque.
    I have to say, despite RIM being not particularly "cool" right now amongst the wider consumer market, I really dig the whole black and electric blue colour scheme that they've been touting.
    In stark contrast the hardware, it really does feel kind of futuristic.
    10-30-12 02:06 PM
    n4bb.com says its the charging screen.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    10-30-12 02:31 PM
    n4bb.com says its the charging screen.
    Why on earth would you need to use the whole screen for "charging mode"?

I really hope they have something "cooler" than that screen if it really is a reboot screen. Even the PB's is better than watching numbers..
    10-30-12 03:48 PM
    Why on earth would you need to use the whole screen for "charging mode"?

I really hope they have something "cooler" than that screen if it really is a reboot screen. Even the PB's is better than watching numbers..
    I can only think of one scenario where you would need an entire screen dedicated to charging ... When the device is turned off but the charger is plugged in. Currently in the Playbook, when its turned off but charging the screen stays backlit, maybe they just decided to make the blank screen give us some info
    10-30-12 04:01 PM
    True. Hopefully it'll be under 30-45 seconds. It's not too much to ask for.
    When he said he hoped we wouldn't see it that often, I think he meant that we wouldn't need to reboot very often otherwise, he probably would have said "Hope we don't see it for very long."

Hopefully, both will be true. Short and infrequent.
    10-30-12 04:25 PM
    I can only think of one scenario where you would need an entire screen dedicated to charging ... When the device is turned off but the charger is plugged in. Currently in the Playbook, when its turned off but charging the screen stays backlit, maybe they just decided to make the blank screen give us some info
    My PlayBook doesn't stay backlit when powered off and charging. It does a green LED flashing until it's a solid green when charged. Well, that's what my wife's does. Mine is rarely ever powered off...
    00stryder likes this.
    10-30-12 04:27 PM
    "How about the people with that OS actually tell us what it is."
    Ding ding ding ding, there's a thought.
    They did.....they said it was a bootscreen

(check the comments under the pictures at the origional twitter source.

BTW I too don't understand why a boot screen would have 100%
    10-30-12 04:46 PM
    I wonder if the blue light a Breathing Light? if true, that effects will absolutely COOL
    What the heck is a Breathing Light?
    10-30-12 04:50 PM
    I don't care how it looks as long as it doesn't take 3-5 minutes with an additional minute after the bar is full lol
    10-30-12 05:07 PM
    Least he never left it in a bar.
    bla1ze stahp! you throwing offf my calibrations!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    00stryder likes this.
    10-30-12 05:15 PM
    They did.....they said it was a bootscreen

(check the comments under the pictures at the origional twitter source.

BTW I too don't understand why a boot screen would have 100%
    Hehehe, whatever you all say, LOL. But for sure, the picture and the animation is great isn't it? And you can only see it at Blackberry 10. End of story, hahaha.
    10-30-12 06:44 PM
    I need moarrrrrrrrrrrrr leaks.
    10-30-12 09:19 PM
    I need moarrrrrrrrrrrrr leaks.
    sabar bro, mudah-mudahan malem nanti dah dapet leaks yang baru, hehehe. tunggu hasil nya aja kita
    10-31-12 12:45 AM
    My PlayBook doesn't stay backlit when powered off and charging. It does a green LED flashing until it's a solid green when charged. Well, that's what my wife's does. Mine is rarely ever powered off...
    Howcome ??
    Try it for me, in a VERY dark room ,,, where your eyes have adjusted to the darkness ...
    i used to turn it off while charging at night, but the backlight became annoying, so now i keep it on standby for real darkness

whats your OS ? im on 2.0.1.358
    10-31-12 07:23 AM
    Howcome ??
    Try it for me, in a VERY dark room ,,, where your eyes have adjusted to the darkness ...
    i used to turn it off while charging at night, but the backlight became annoying, so now i keep it on standby for real darkness

whats your OS ? im on 2.0.1.358
    I use Bed-Buzz as an alarm clock and always have my PB on all the time too. I just have it set so that when plugged in, the brightness is all the way down, so it works sort of like bedside mode on my 9850.
    10-31-12 11:33 AM
73 123