I think it would make sense. A lot of the news companies that have been razing on Blackberry are located in the States, So RIM intends to release BB10 in markets where they will get rave reviews and then wait until those reviews permeate to the states before releasing there.

If BB10 was to launch quickly in the states, then potential a few reviews would be form biased sources, which would then permeate though to other countries and hinder the BB10 launch.
    01-17-13 08:35 AM
    I think it would make sense. A lot of the news companies that have been razing on Blackberry are located in the States, So RIM intends to release BB10 in markets where they will get rave reviews and then wait until those reviews permeate to the states before releasing there.

If BB10 was to launch quickly in the states, then potential a few reviews would be form biased sources, which would then permeate though to other countries and hinder the BB10 launch.
    Even if the american carriers are their usual slow selves when it comes to getting devices in the stores, the major sites in the states are still going to have review models too, so Rim are not going to be doing anything to avoid the more negatively biased reviews.

If anything, they are less likely to try and dodge the more negative reviewers since good reviews from those kinds of people would further emphasize how good bb10 is.
    01-17-13 09:03 AM
    they already said a long time ago it will be released where their market share is strongest. so thats europe and other places before the us.
    rim do not owe the us anything so some of the posts in this thread is laughable.
    sound business sense to release where your popular first (ie europe) then use the momentum to drive into less popular markets (usa)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-17-13 09:24 AM
    they already said a long time ago it will be released where their market share is strongest. so thats europe and other places before the us.
    rim do not owe the us anything so some of the posts in this thread is laughable.
    sound business sense to release where your popular first (ie europe) then use the momentum to drive into less popular markets (usa)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    This is true but at no time did they say they would not release elsewhere simultaneously. The US is still one of the largest BB consumers in the world regardless of BB market share held there. The Z10 is a pretty high end device and the US consumer is someone that will typically pay a high end price.
    01-17-13 09:41 AM
    This is true but at no time did they say they would not release elsewhere simultaneously. The US is still one of the largest BB consumers in the world regardless of BB market share held there. The Z10 is a pretty high end device and the US consumer is someone that will typically pay a high end price.
    Yeah, and don't underestimate our power to be persuaded. You make it, tell us its hot, we'll buy it. I wonder what worldwide market share the US had on the pet rock?
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-17-13 02:48 PM
    If it's going to be based on where they're doing best then you'd think Indonesia would get it first. But since they seem to know little to nothing of it I'd say that theory is bunked.

I'll be glad if they're rewarding Canadians with first dibs.
    01-17-13 04:42 PM
    I'll be glad if they're rewarding Canadians with first dibs.
    Seeing as they have organized events for both Kitchener downtown, and Uptown Waterloo, and they are going to have banners and such throughout both cores, I think it's a fair assumption that they are going to include Canada as one of, if not the, first places to get one.
    01-17-13 04:46 PM
    Seeing as they have organized events for both Kitchener downtown, and Uptown Waterloo, and they are going to have banners and such throughout both cores, I think it's a fair assumption that they are going to include Canada as one of, if not the, first places to get one.
    Kitchener waives city policy for RIM's BlackBerry 10 launch - Technology & Science - CBC News
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-17-13 05:06 PM
    mmmm as I mentioned some times before, do not forget we all want to have it as soon as we can, but the truth is that not everybody will have it this way ... for example Z10 will be available (aprox) on March 30th in MX so, I will have to wait much more than I wanted ...

My point : we do not need to "fight" about the release strategy because will never be fair
    Last edited by BB12MX; 01-17-13 at 05:15 PM. Reason: grama
    01-17-13 05:14 PM
    For what its worth (not much) I'm at conestoga mall right now. The guy at the rogers kiosk said they have been told to expect (but not specific date) the device a week after launch. He clearly knew what the launch was and was able to seperate the rogers release date from it by a week from what he was told. Take it for what it is, not much but hope. He was not a brainless front line he knew launch, z10, the expected specs,etc so I don't think he's confusing it with anything else.
    Asked at the Rogers store in the Cambridge Mall and got the same response, about a week or two if that. Basically he made it sound like it will be as soon as possible after the launch. When I asked if he already KNEW an exact date but couldn't tell me, he just smiled and gave me a nod. I get the feeling Rogers will be the first, and probably within a few days of launch, if not the very next day.
    01-17-13 05:30 PM
    I should know. I'm q consultant whose major clients are Rogers, Telus and Wind. Ive been asking around and try to get a in hand date ; based on a variant of answers, I'd conclude that I'll be able to spoil my wife with a bb10 for Valentines.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-17-13 09:10 PM
    It is pretty clear now that the BB10 launch is taking place in New York City. Heins is going there to show off the devices and give details on everything. As noted in another thread, Crackberry is going to New York City as well. Also, RIM and one of the big American carriers are having a private sneak peek for executives in New York City before the launch. So it would be very, very surprising if the US was not part of the first wave of phones. There will be other countries in the first wave but don't count out corporate and consumer America.
    01-17-13 11:09 PM
    It is pretty clear now that the BB10 launch is taking place in New York City.
    There are huge launch events being held simultaneously in cities all around the world.
    01-17-13 11:55 PM
    There are huge launch events being held simultaneously in cities all around the world.
    I believe he meant the main one where Thorsten Heins will be. (not London, etc)
    alan510 likes this.
    01-18-13 12:26 AM
    I don't think RIM should do pre orders with American carriers. If they do and there is very little interest, it could hurt with media outlets and they don't want to have a bad first impression with the market. RIM needs to let loose first were they know they will do well get people talking, create a buzz and hope the U.S take notice with peeked interest for BlackBerry10.

Remember that the New York Times even wrote a post capturing some of the U.S sentiment about BlackBerry. Many didn't agree including myself but yet it was true with a vast majority.

Remember this launch is a meticulously carved out strategy and when some will say that it's all up to the carriers, I believe RIM has more of a roll with what launches, when,and were.
    01-18-13 12:53 AM
    I believe he meant the main one where Thorsten Heins will be. (not London, etc)
    Thor is omnipresent... he'll be at them all
    01-18-13 12:57 AM
    It is pretty clear now that the BB10 launch is taking place in New York City. Heins is going there to show off the devices and give details on everything. As noted in another thread, Crackberry is going to New York City as well. Also, RIM and one of the big American carriers are having a private sneak peek for executives in New York City before the launch. So it would be very, very surprising if the US was not part of the first wave of phones. There will be other countries in the first wave but don't count out corporate and consumer America.
    The states will be in the first wave, but given the slowness of the american carriers it would not surprise me if the 2nd wave was close enough that some of those overtook them.
    01-18-13 03:03 AM
    Just Got back from a Rim / Rogers Briefing on BB10, BES 10 etc.

Launching In Canadian Carriers First. Other countries afterwards.. Devices Not available on the 30th.

Devices will be available early February. Not Weeks after. I questioned to ensure i won't have to wait weeks to get one after the announcement and he said no.. It won't be weeks. It will be early February meaning first week.

BDS service update coming by THIS friday to enable management of BB10 Devices. BES dropping next week. Before or on the 30th. BES 10 Update in May to restrict Personal part of balance (ie not allow a personal side if a company wants it to be a work only device. )

Playbook to get BB10 in Summer.
    01-21-13 03:41 PM
43 12