Hi guys,

I tweeted Telstra (our biggest carrier here) today asking about BB10. Here's there response....

@nugentkt Nothing passed onto us as yet on a possible release for this. You can register your interest at: ow.ly/h9TOs -Dingo
    01-26-13 07:27 PM
    Have u asked other carriers as well?
    01-26-13 07:31 PM
    Have u asked other carriers as well?
    Yep. No news. They haven't had training either. Which leads me to believe we aren't in the first wave.
    01-26-13 07:34 PM
    Yep. No news. They haven't had training either. Which leads me to believe we aren't in the first wave.
    this is worrying
    01-26-13 07:39 PM
    I contacted Virgin Mobile here. They won't be carrying Blackberry's at all. Optus, Telstra and Vodafone are the normal usual carriers and not a peep out of any of them, not even a rumour. Very very worrying.

I'm buying outright anyway, and carriers here initially only sell new releases on contract (more profit) so I guess I may as well resign myself to tracking down the proper LTE band for here and getting eBay fired up!
    01-26-13 07:46 PM
    I have plenty of time. This is my front yard today....

BB10 in Australia-queensland-floods-golden-beach-1-.jpg
    01-26-13 07:56 PM
    lte band here is 1800mhz

I think we will be in the first wave but our carriers here just wont say anything until the official bb launch. im possibly going to do an upgrade and resign for another 2 years on optus

Also I tweeted both optus and Telstra as well a few days ago, Telstra response was the same as yours, heres optus

BB10 in Australia-untitled.jpg

Now I wasn't sure if she was referring to me asking as chat and expectation or that the chat was amongst optus staff etc
    01-26-13 07:56 PM
    That's no good, I had the feeling that they probably not even aware of it...i guess we wont be getting our hands on it until a far later date.
    01-26-13 08:14 PM
    Kevin Nugent,
    Your Tweet got a reply!

Kevin Nugent @nugentkt 27 Jan
    @Optus any gossip on Blackberry 10 here yet guys? Only 3 days until global launch!
    Optus
    @Optus
    @nugentkt Nothing at the moment Kevin, stay tuned though Tris
    11:04 PM - 27 Jan 13
    JacBerry likes this.
    01-27-13 07:45 PM
    I have some renewed hope for BB10 in Oz. Firstly, we're in the 18 country initial list to get music downloads from Blackberry World. Secondly, it seems like every Tech Editor of every major newspaper here has been invited to the launch in NYC. They wouldn't invite all these influential guys all the way there, and kick them in the Jatz Crackers. I wouldn't have thought.
    01-29-13 12:45 AM
    I am looking else where for my BB10 at launch @blackberry_AU and all carriers have been to silent for me to believe its coming to OZ any time soon. Is the 1800 LTE band the same for all carriers?
    01-29-13 03:22 AM
    Of course it's coming to Australia. Of the 150 carriers on board how many have said anything at all? 10%? 20? Tomorrow night 1am est, 2am edst we will find out everything
    01-29-13 03:43 AM
    I'm buying outright anyway, and carriers here initially only sell new releases on contract (more profit) so I guess I may as well resign myself to tracking down the proper LTE band for here and getting eBay fired up!
    EE uses the same band, so any european bb10 device with lte would be fine for you.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-29-13 04:18 AM
    I am looking else where for my BB10 at launch @blackberry_AU and all carriers have been to silent for me to believe its coming to OZ any time soon. Is the 1800 LTE band the same for all carriers?
    The LTE band is important, and no they aren't all the same but in Oz they seem to be. I'm thinking we use:

LTE (Long Term Evolution)/ 4G – more information

Telstra's LTE network is located at 1800 megahertz frequency; the frequency previously used by 2G phones.

Telstra sells dual mode LTE/ HSPA+ mobile broadband devices that operate seamlessly across 2100Mhz, 1800MHz and 850MHz spectrum bands, providing Telstra Next G network customers 4G(LTE) where it is available and then seamless switchover to the 3G HSPA technology in other areas.

Both Optus and Vodafone have announced plans to roll out LTE networks.

In April(2011) Vodafone announced it will replace 8000 2G and 3G base stations with equipment which can be switched to LTE "at the flick of a switch".

In September 2012, Optus announced the activation of its 1800 MHz 4G LTE service in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Newcastle. 1800 4G was first trialled in Newcastle (mid 2012). Brisbane and the GoldCoast 4G was activated on 31st October 2012 and Adelaide, just in time for Christmas.
    01-29-13 05:04 AM
    If anything, Mobicity will have grey imports.
    01-29-13 07:05 AM
    Have spoken to a sales person at Optus and they said that they were going to stock it as soon as it was on the Australian market
    01-29-13 09:48 AM
    If anything, Mobicity will have grey imports.
    Yeah, I've bought off them before. They usually load up on the mark up, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
    01-29-13 08:12 PM
    Have spoken to a sales person at Optus and they said that they were going to stock it as soon as it was on the Australian market
    The thing with the carriers is, though, they always want to sell first release phones on a contract. I want to buy outright.
    01-29-13 08:12 PM
    Fellow Aussies, don't bother with the BlackberryStore.com.au - I called there this morning. Me: "When are you expecting the new Blackberry 10 devices in"? Them: "April. Early April". Hang up.
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-29-13 08:57 PM
    Yeah I mentioned this as well, thats just a date they are saying. They also told me that it would most likely be earlier then that. No one is allowed to say anything yet. Tomorrow everything will be known
    01-29-13 11:50 PM
    Yeah, I've bought off them before. They usually load up on the mark up, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
    I think I will be going the Mobicity route too.
    I had asked them about availability, but they had the same answer as Telstra/Optus: No date confirmed, keep checking the website.
    01-30-13 01:27 AM
    Just jumped on the Optus site for a chat, and the same old story:

You : Hi Bianca, I just had a question about the upcoming BlackBerry Z10
    You : Will this make its way to Optus?
    You : If so, is there a release date?
    You : Thanks!
    Bianca L : Hi there.
    Bianca L : I am sorry we do not have any official information of that yet.
    Bianca L : You have to keep visiting our website regarding latest updates.
    01-30-13 01:47 AM
    As usual, the carriers here are asleep at the wheel when it comes to anything other than an !Diot phone or a ScAmdroid.
    01-30-13 07:47 AM
    https://t.co/v1YWoKSG

There you go guys... it'll be available on March. That's another 2 months!!! *sigh*
    01-30-13 04:42 PM
    This is just bullsh*t. Who were the carriers testing in November last year like RIM reported?? I'm going to have to re-think my position here .... I'm not waiting for Telstra or Optus though I know that.

It's either a Z10 through MobiCity or a Note 2 just about anywhere.
    01-30-13 04:46 PM
61 123