--Get ready to gag on RIM�s technical excellence: BlackBerry 10′s web browser has just leapt neatly over a huge hurdle, one of Facebook�s homebrewed tests for mobile browser performance.--
    Read more at BlackBerry 10 kicks technical | VentureBeat
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-08-12 12:13 PM
    11-08-12 12:20 PM
    More Volker:

--In terms of the hardware spec, how would you see the upcoming handsets sitting against their rivals?

It's one of those things that's veiled in secrecy right now, but it's [expletive] hot! [Laughs]--

Games will shine on ' hot' BlackBerry 10, says RIM's Volker Hirsch | interview | RIM news | PocketGamer.biz
    Vorkosigan and kbz1960 like this.
    11-08-12 12:32 PM
    --BB10 scores a perfect 149/149 on Ring 2. The latest Safari for iPhone fails nine tests on iOS 6.0. And where the iPhone scores in the high 300s on HTML5test.com, BB10 scores in the high 400s�nearly a perfect score and even better than Google Chrome on desktop--

BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform - Techvibes.com
    kbz1960 and WrightWords like this.
    11-09-12 12:15 PM
    February confirmed?

--��We want to do it as quickly as possible,�� chief operating officer Kristian Tear said in an interview following RIM�s announcement of the Jan. 30 date earlier in the day. Though the first phones won�t go on sale simultaneously worldwide, RIM is aiming for a release on multiple continents within 30 days of the unveiling, Tear said.--

RIM to release BlackBerry 10 in February - Business - The Boston Globe
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-13-12 10:51 AM
    --BlackBerry 10 will get supported earlier, unsurprisingly as the platform is now the biggest Qt user in the mobile market. RIM said on Monday that it would release smartphones bearing its updated platform in January 2013.

"RIM has done a lot of work to make sure Qt runs smoothly on BlackBerry 10," Knoll said. "BlackBerry 10 has integrated Qt 4.8 support, but they will add 5.0 soon."

Regarding Windows 8, Knoll explained that Qt works well with the classic desktop mode, but Windows RT was a trickier proposition. "We got the first pixels onto the screen a few days ago," he said. "There's not too much working, except that we can draw some pixels."--

Qt marches on with 5.0 release, sets sights on iOS and Android | ZDNet
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-13-12 11:06 AM
    RIM Counts on Wave of BlackBerry Government Upgrades

"Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM)’s more than 1 million government customers in North America are set to upgrade to new BlackBerry 10 devices in droves, Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins said today. "
    zyben and kbz1960 like this.
    11-13-12 11:01 PM
    --Asked how he can turn around the chorus of negative sentiment from stock analysts that has plagued RIM over the past few years, Heins said the company has shown the BlackBerry 10 phone to analysts and carriers in private and they are �excited.�

On the same day that one U.S. analyst made headlines last week by saying the BlackBerry 10 would be �dead on arrival,� two other analysts gave RIM�s stock a buy rating, Heins said. But their comments were largely ignored.

The U.S. media is quick to turn a company from �hero to zero� and vice versa, he said. �It�s more important what the customers are telling me,� he noted, adding �the best proof is to deliver.�

RIM isn�t planning a huge TV ad campaign in the weeks leading up to the BlackBerry 10 release on Jan. 30, Heins said.

Instead, it will use a �below the line� strategy of sending out video clips of the platform�s keyboard, flow and multi-tasking functions to bloggers and on-line reviewers. Ads will be pushed to other smartphone users asking them �can your device do this?� he said.

Only when the BlackBerry 10 is finally released will the �fireworks above the line� be seen in the form of big TV ads, Heins said.--

Core of innovation kept Heins going through turnaround at RIM | therecord
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-12 11:37 AM
    --In an interview with Reuters on Wednesday, RIM Chief Executive Thorsten Heins admitted that app libraries play a crucial role in the success or failure of smartphones. But he said the game is not just about numbers.

"The tactic we are deploying is by country and by region. We are aiming to have the most important 200 to 400 apps available, because many applications are regional and they really do have a regional flavor," Heins said.

RIM says it aims to offer both the most popular applications in the market, and also those most relevant to Blackberry aficionados - people Heins described as hyper-connected multi-taskers who need to get things done.--

--RIM has already said it plans business focused apps from the likes of Cisco WebEx, Box, SAP and Blackboard, as well as music and movie apps like TuneIn, Nobex and Popcornflix and gaming apps from developers like Gameloft, Halfbrick and Paw Print Games.

Heins has said social networks such as LinkedIn, Foursquare, Twitter and Facebook will all have apps for BB10 at launch. But he declined to name any of the other big name apps that RIM will have on board come launch day.

"Allow me to talk to you about this on January 30, otherwise I'm losing a lot of thunder," he said.--

RIM to spice BlackBerry 10 AppWorld with local flavors | Technology | Reuters
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-12 02:36 PM
    --In addition to getting this excellent video, the folks at Muy Computer also spoke with a couple different RIM associates at the BlackBerry Jam 2012 for Enterprises event. The event�s purpose was to demonstrate the BB OS 10 and the ease at which developers can both create and port apps. According to one of RIM�s managing directors, the mobile operating system works in conjunction with the hardware platform and cloud services to create an efficient, all-around effective device.--

BlackBerry OS 10 shown off in 10 minute video tour - SlashGear
    11-16-12 10:42 PM
    An article about RIM COO Kristian Tear and RIM Chief Legal Officer Steve Zipperstein:

--When Verizon started selling the iPhone in the U.S., he was asked if he would give up his BlackBerry. �I said, �Are you crazy?� I love this company and I love its products and services.�--

New faces dominate RIM
    11-17-12 01:01 PM
    The more I see and read about BB10, the more I'm convinced it's going to be huge - bigger than what is anticipated, bigger that what we all are anticipating!
    11-17-12 01:59 PM
    The more I see and read about BB10, the more I'm convinced it's going to be huge - bigger than what is anticipated, bigger that what we all are anticipating!
    I concur!
    11-17-12 04:00 PM
    --A new UK poll from Harris Interactive suggests that Apple�s position as the king of cool gadgets might be under threat as young consumers and early adopters take another look at other brands, BlackBerry 10 being one of the major ones.--

UK Poll shows BlackBerry 10 among the most anticipated 2013 smartphones | RapidBerry
    11-17-12 04:33 PM
    I hear that! My hat goes off to Mr. Heins, who has turned this company around in less then a year, or there abouts. He made a believer out of me. I often wonder IF any of this would have been possible without him, and the other technical geniuses behind him, and everyone associated with this up coming release. Sometimes I will admit I used to be apprehensive on telling my friends what kind of phone I had because of the comments and laughing, Now I am finally going to be the one to laugh at all of the non believers. All of the other platforms are going to have their work cut out for them after this one comes out!! Gonna take a lot to top this one for sure
    11-17-12 04:39 PM
    11-19-12 01:57 PM
    --�I don�t define myself as I want to be number one in the smartphone segment, we built this platform because I want to be a clear innovation leader in the mobile computing domain.� Heins said. With QNX and the world�s largest private, secure global data network, RIM wants to manage all mobile endpoints. The company wants to be everywhere and in every device. Heins is banking on a three- to 10-year play that the smartphone replaces the laptop computer.--

RIM CEO Confident About BlackBerry 10 and RIM's Future in Mobile Computing | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    11-20-12 09:45 AM
    --Quite a few readers forwarded this latest act of rampant Apple fanboy-ism masquerading as journalism from Gizmodo. It seems like Casey Chan at Gizmodo did not have anything better to do but post this ridiculous article about the Getty Images of RIM�s CEO�s taking a picture with BlackBerry 10 devices. His article has sort of backfired in the Gizmodo comments but I thought we could take it up a notch.

With that said help us Caption This Dumb Gizmodo Article by their Editor Casey Chan. This generator may help.--

Caption This Dumb Gizmodo Article By Editor Casey Chan - BerryReview
    11-20-12 10:09 AM
    Best photo from the Gizmodo article comments:

BB10 Articles-gizmodo.jpg
    Last edited by W Hoa; 11-20-12 at 04:06 PM.
    kbz1960, VeGiTo and steve911 like this.
    11-20-12 02:20 PM
    --Time will tell if these are simply too many gestures to pack into one area, but I do think these innovations are something Apple should take note of. I�ve been an iPhone user since the beginning and yet I still find myself tripping over auto-corrections, especially because they require me to take move away from the keyboard to reject them. This means that I have to look away from the keys while typing to see if everything is spelled correctly, or look at the keyboard while I type and risk being auto-corrected in an idiotic way.

I much prefer solutions like the one that RIM presents in Blackberry 10, where the keyboard and auto-correction or prediction are melded into one cohesive unit on-screen.--

Blackberry 10 Reminds Me Of How Much I Want A Better iPhone Keyboard | iSource
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-21-12 05:37 PM
    --Nokia�s not making any rest stops now that its HERE Maps app debuted near the top of the ranking charts in Apple�s App Store on Tuesday, earning mixed reviews. Instead, the company is aiming to expand HERE Maps to �all screens and OS [operating systems]� including, potentially, the upcoming BlackBerry 10 software from Research In Motion due out in 2013.--

Nokia Aims To Bring HERE Maps To �All Screens, All Operating Systems� | TPM Idea Lab
    11-22-12 02:38 AM
    T-Mobile UK confirms BB10:

--From what we've heard, RIM will be announcing the L-Series and N-Series BlackBerry 10 phones on the 30th of January at a series of international launch parties. We hope to bring you the BlackBerry London and BlackBerry Liverpool on T Mobile as soon as they are released in the UK. --

T-Mobile Blackberry 10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-22-12 03:10 AM
    --A new UK poll from Harris Interactive suggests that Apple’s position as the king of cool gadgets might be under threat as young consumers and early adopters take another look at other brands, BlackBerry 10 being one of the major ones.--

UK Poll shows BlackBerry 10 among the most anticipated 2013 smartphones | RapidBerry
    This backs up the vibe i have been getting from my nieces and nephews, iphone is becoming the phone their PARENTS have. Nothing is less cool than that.
    11-22-12 04:49 AM
    Video:

--An Egyptian dev team F16Apps has created a neatly designed Neatly Twitter client for upcoming BlackBerry 10 smartphones! Unlike other Twitter clients, Neatly is based on interests not on time. Bring what is important closer to you with Neatly, a smart new Twitter Client that changes how we deal with Twitter, changing the timeline into an interest line according to a users� behavior. Checkout the video & share your thoughts in comments below.--

[VIDEO] �Neatly� Twitter Client for BlackBerry 10! | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-25-12 02:53 PM
    BB10 demos for the international Crackberry audience:

German:

French:

Arabic:

11-25-12 04:57 PM
112 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD