Originally Task and Note were two separate apps on BBOS. The Remember app consolidated but limited their functionality. I used both religiously on BBOS, and they'd not limited on Android.

I don't see how you can't access an exchange account, when both apps allow email account setup. I don't have an exchange account to setup and test, but... yeah, I don't see why that isn't possible
    They don't allow you to sync folders, only tags. Folders are simpler and better supported with other exchange apps (i.e. remember app on ios/mac).
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 06:52 PM
    The File Manager on OS10 is the only one I've seen that features Dropbox, Box and OneDrive in one place. Not to mention the PC synced via Link.
    Solid Explorer:

Features:
    - Material Design!
    - Two independent panels serving as file browsers
    - Rich customization options: icons sets, color schemes, themes
    - Drag and Drop inside and between panels
    - FTP, SFTP, WebDav, SMB/CIFS clients
    - Ability to read and extract ZIP, 7ZIP, RAR and TAR archives, even encrypted
    - Ability to create password protected ZIP and 7ZIP archives
    - Cloud file manager: Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, Sugarsync, Copy, Mediafire, Owncloud, Yandex
    - Root access makes Solid Explorer a fully functional root explorer
    - Extensibility: more features in separate plugins available in Google Play
    - Indexed search finds your files in a couple of seconds
    - Detailed file information with storage usage statistics
    - Batch rename: change names of multiple files at once using regular expressions and variables
    - Useful tools: hiding unwanted folders, FTP Server (plugin), bookmarks, Chromecast support, media browser
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 07:41 PM
    When I make the switch, I'd miss BlackBerry Travel.
    BB Travel is just a BB-themed version of the WorldMate app, and WorldMate is available for the other platforms.

Of course, Google has all of those functions and more built-in to Google Now, should you decide to use that.
    BigBadWulf, Mecca EL and Elite1 like this.
    10-27-16 07:46 PM
    BB Travel is just a BB-themed version of the WorldMate app, and WorldMate is available for the other platforms.

Of course, Google has all of those functions and more built-in to Google Now, should you decide to use that.
    does WorldMate tell you the gate change on time? the timely gate change update at BB travel saved me few times - still have to run for the gate, but not left behind... thx.
    10-28-16 07:49 AM
    Based on the one market that BlackBerry has licensed and the other couple the listed as possibilities.... I wonder if it wouldn't be better to focus on how to best transition BBOS users to Android. What would allow them the smoothest transition?

Personally I can't remember too much about BBOS that I miss.

But of the BB10 experience.... File Manager and BLEND along with LINK (many BB10 users don't like the whole Google or Cloud backup and syncing features).

Also think they ought to tweak the camera app.... combine their TIME SHIFT with a LIVE PHOTO.
    Time Shift is excellent!!!! Good point!
    10-28-16 11:48 AM
    Other than the fact that current users are used to the interface, is there anything really special about any of these BB10 apps?
    10-28-16 11:56 AM
    Other than the fact that current users are used to the interface, is there anything really special about any of these BB10 apps?
    checkout poynt... it got multiple tasks aggregated in one app with minimum storage space and good UI (simple, clean, no silly graphics). typical BB app (was design for BBOS, it is even better than bb10 version).
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-28-16 12:15 PM
    Definitely the bb10 music player App, that one was really underrated!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-28-16 12:28 PM
    All of them. Put them all on Google play!!!! Allllllllll of Themmmmmmm

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-28-16 01:49 PM
    poynt. i wish more of this kind of aggregated app for other application... poynt on bbos is better but bb10 version would do.
    checkout poynt... it got multiple tasks aggregated in one app with minimum storage space and good UI (simple, clean, no silly graphics). typical BB app (was design for BBOS, it is even better than bb10 version).
    Poynt has been on Android (and iOS also) for years now.
    Poynt - Android Apps on Google Play
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-28-16 03:48 PM
    To be fair, you can say that about a lot of apps. Many of these are apps that are all about the interface, such as File Manager and Pictures.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-28-16 03:51 PM
    Solid Explorer:

Features:
    - Material Design!
    - Two independent panels serving as file browsers
    - Rich customization options: icons sets, color schemes, themes
    - Drag and Drop inside and between panels
    - FTP, SFTP, WebDav, SMB/CIFS clients
    - Ability to read and extract ZIP, 7ZIP, RAR and TAR archives, even encrypted
    - Ability to create password protected ZIP and 7ZIP archives
    - Cloud file manager: Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, Sugarsync, Copy, Mediafire, Owncloud, Yandex
    - Root access makes Solid Explorer a fully functional root explorer
    - Extensibility: more features in separate plugins available in Google Play
    - Indexed search finds your files in a couple of seconds
    - Detailed file information with storage usage statistics
    - Batch rename: change names of multiple files at once using regular expressions and variables
    - Useful tools: hiding unwanted folders, FTP Server (plugin), bookmarks, Chromecast support, media browser
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough and that's my bad. I was referring to native file managers - the ones that come "out of the box". I've always used ES File Explorer on my Android devices and it's a solid 3rd party app.
    10-28-16 06:58 PM
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough and that's my bad. I was referring to native file managers - the ones that come "out of the box". I've always used ES File Explorer on my Android devices and it's a solid 3rd party app.
    There's a native file manager on all android devices
    10-28-16 07:38 PM
    There's a native file manager on all android devices
    I know that. Only iDevices ship without a native file manager. BTW, it's only recently that file managers are present across all Android phones. Prior to KitKat, not too many had them. Case in point, my old Droid DNA didn't have one and it wasn't exactly a budget phone.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-28-16 08:03 PM
    does WorldMate tell you the gate change on time? the timely gate change update at BB travel saved me few times - still have to run for the gate, but not left behind... thx.
    Yes - all that functionality has always been WorldMate behind the scenes. BB Travel is just an app for WorldMate with a BB skin - BB never provided any of the information or processing logic themselves. It's similar to the BB10 Facebook app - just because it was a native BB10 app doesn't mean that BB is hosting FB - they're just writing a front-end that connects to FB and uses FB's servers, processing, and resources. And the other difference, of course, is that BB licensed WorldMate and was able to re-brand it under the licensing terms.
    10-28-16 08:11 PM
65 123