How? First off, on bb10 there was one app and now we need 2. Second, the android versions can't access folders on exchange accounts - just tags.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Originally Task and Note were two separate apps on BBOS. The Remember app consolidated but limited their functionality. I used both religiously on BBOS, and they'd not limited on Android.

I don't see how you can't access an exchange account, when both apps allow email account setup. I don't have an exchange account to setup and test, but... yeah, I don't see why that isn't possible
    Attached Thumbnails Which BB10 Apps Should BlackBerry Port to Android-1477538965187.jpg  
    10-26-16 10:29 PM
    How important is the actual graphics design? We can't reproduce that exactly without basically stealing.

Also I haven't plugged in my Passport in like a year and I don't even know if it's here or the office. Does anyone have a video of the app in action that I can look at tonight?
    Here you go - https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx...nt=video%2cmp4
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-26-16 10:38 PM
    I thought you were talking about new apps. Obviously BB thought those two were essential to their brand on Android, with Password Keeper its in keeping with security, the others not so much.
    Oh, nah. Just the app that BlackBerry users are already familiar with. Maybe even encourage some of our favorite app developers to port their BB10 and BBOS apps over to Android.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-26-16 10:41 PM
    It is on topic. The topic being that BB should make all its BB10 apps for Android. If one desires to unicorn and don't see the economic realities on why this isn't the case then so be it. A better transfer app is a good suggestion but even Android to Android transfers are lacking so its must be even harder to make one for one OS to another.
    This isn't a matter of shoulds. Some of BlackBerry's app development team monitor these threads. Users have shown a genuine interest in the Priv apps, when BlackBerry first made an announcement about porting their app suite, long before there was Priv.

The point of this thread isn't to gripe about supposed shortcomings, and use phrases that attempt to belittle users of different platforms. I'm not mad at you, for being mad in your corner, by yourself.

I'd like for developers to know that we miss them, and the great apps they made for us, when we used BBOS and BB10 devices. I'd like for BlackBerry to see that there's still interest in the great apps they made, and don't have to retire them. A lot of these developers are my actual friends, and I've done a ton for this community that exceeds my being a fanboy. I'm not on here to chat. I need those tools that worked great for me, on my android phone now.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-26-16 10:51 PM
    Blend
    Pictures
    Video
    Music
    File Manager
    Use Volume Buttons as Music Buttons (Not an app)
    Clock (Of course Bedside Mode)

It seems BlackBerry is doing the same thing. They ignored many good things in their transition from BBOS7 to BB10. Same way they are ignoring now. Hope they fix it! And I think all these are almost basic apps which every android companies provide.

Give us All these and it should make the move from BB10 to Blackdroid easy.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-26-16 10:57 PM
    How is Airdroid? I've never used it, though it seems like a viable alternative?
    I use airdroid everyday. It's a great app and desktop client. I use my browser to connect, instead of the client program. Since my device is rooted, I can respond to BBM and BBM Group messages wirelessly on my laptop or Windows tablet.

Here's another alternative that doesn't require root, according to the app description, that might work well for you - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hikdutta.vysor
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-26-16 10:58 PM
    The File Manager on OS10 is the only one I've seen that features Dropbox, Box and OneDrive in one place. Not to mention the PC synced via Link.
    MiXplorer is one of the best File Managers out there, period. It's light weight, theme-able and offers multiple tabs that you can drag and drop files across folders. It also has access to any cloud storage, including your own, if that's what you'd like. It exceeds the BB10 File Manager in every way possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Which BB10 Apps Should BlackBerry Port to Android-1477541005600.jpg   Which BB10 Apps Should BlackBerry Port to Android-1477541018310.jpg   Which BB10 Apps Should BlackBerry Port to Android-1477541028991.jpg  
    10-26-16 11:03 PM
    Blend
    Pictures
    Video
    Music
    File Manager
    Use Volume Buttons as Music Buttons (Not an app)
    Clock (Of course Bedside Mode)

It seems BlackBerry is doing the same thing. They ignored many good things in their transition from BBOS7 to BB10. Same way they are ignoring now. Hope they fix it! And I think all these are almost basic apps which every android companies provide.

Give us All these and it should make the move from BB10 to Blackdroid easy.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    Volume control is baked into androids OS. It might be a matter of selecting the device with the OS that works best for you, over choosing a popular device because that's what everyone else is using. I have Volume Select, no extra app installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Which BB10 Apps Should BlackBerry Port to Android-1477541329574.jpg  
    10-26-16 11:08 PM
    Well if I could have what I desire, I would want Blend first and foremost, just as it worked on BB10...or maybe just a little better ...

Followed closely by the old style BBOS flip clock in bedside mode. Not the BB10 Z10 Porsche design one or anything but the no kidding bedside mode flip clock from BBOS 5.0/6.0/7.0.

And then I'd have to say the Calculator from BB10, including the tip function, because the wife can't do math.

Lastly just for fun, I've got to do a shout out for my old retro game of Brickbreaker, which I last happily played on my old blue 8700c , the one with the trackwheel on the side. Screw Word Mole...

Let me know when those ported apps are ready. I'd happily pay the $2.99 or $3.99 for each if they ended up in the Play Store, ready to download.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 01:49 AM
    Volume control is baked into androids OS. It might be a matter of selecting the device with the OS that works best for you, over choosing a popular device because that's what everyone else is using. I have Volume Select, no extra app installed.
    Which phone do you have?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    10-27-16 04:56 AM
    Which phone do you have?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    OnePlusMecca lol
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 06:22 AM
    I'm happy enough that I can down load Hub+ services on my Zenfone 3 ultra and get all the apps and the BlackBerry launcher. Also we should thank Cobalt for developing a workaround so that you can even install the BlackBerry vkb on any android device.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    Mecca EL and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-27-16 06:26 AM
    MiXplorer is one of the best File Managers out there, period. It's light weight, theme-able and offers multiple tabs that you can drag and drop files across folders. It also has access to any cloud storage, including your own, if that's what you'd like. It exceeds the BB10 File Manager in every way possible.
    Could not find it in Playstore.
    Edit: found it elsewhere. I don't see Dropbox, OneDrive, Box integration, but maybe I have to play around with it more. Only took a quick look.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 10-27-16 at 06:55 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 06:39 AM
    True, it's a locked API issue. Could easily be done with CSV if opened, and allow 3rd party apps to also execute a backup for BB10 users. Realistically, BlackBerry could keep it locked, but access it themselves for migrating consumers and prosumers. Still, not technically an existing app they can port, but at least we're engaged in useful discussion.

How about BlackBerry Virtual Expert? Is there a comparable app available for Android?
    Already ported.
    Mecca EL and BigBadWulf like this.
    10-27-16 06:39 AM
    Could not find it in Playstore.
    Edit: found it elsewhere. I don't see Dropbox, OneDrive, Box integration, but maybe I have to play around with it more. Only took a quick look.
    Start the app, select the top left 3 lines, then select the 3 lines with the down arrow in the sub window, then select Add Storage Which BB10 Apps Should BlackBerry Port to Android-1477582447852.jpg
    10-27-16 10:34 AM
    There's a few in that list I would like to see if for nothing else, so people would stop asking for them. Especially the stuff BlackBerry actually spent money on to acquire lol.

- BlackBerry Pictures App - I want this just so people stop asking. It was a nice, simple app for people.
    - BlackBerry File Manager - Again, solely so people stop asking about it.
    - BlackBerry Store Maker - BlackBerry spent money on acquiring the company behind this, just re-build it and it's a good app.
    - BlackBerry Blend - Because nothing really compares to it on Android. You can hack some junk together but it's still not the same. This is actually one stop where BlackBerry COULD differentiate.
    So most of that list would go away if people spent a few moments on the Play Store instead of whinging about things. If only.
    10-27-16 11:29 AM
    Blackberry blend
    Pictures app simple and easy!
    File manager
    Browser was cool: kinda got used to adding url address at the bottom of the page instead of top like many phones do.
    Password keeper

x

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 11:33 AM
    poynt. i wish more of this kind of aggregated app for other application... poynt on bbos is better but bb10 version would do.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 01:48 PM
    Based on the one market that BlackBerry has licensed and the other couple the listed as possibilities.... I wonder if it wouldn't be better to focus on how to best transition BBOS users to Android. What would allow them the smoothest transition?

Personally I can't remember too much about BBOS that I miss.

But of the BB10 experience.... File Manager and BLEND along with LINK (many BB10 users don't like the whole Google or Cloud backup and syncing features).

Also think they ought to tweak the camera app.... combine their TIME SHIFT with a LIVE PHOTO.
    BigBadWulf and Mecca EL like this.
    10-27-16 02:08 PM
    No doubt, BlackBerry Blend! And the file manager!

Posted via CB10
    Got2GetAway and Mecca EL like this.
    10-27-16 02:16 PM
    Very helpful, thank you for your opinion and contribution to CB and users.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 02:48 PM
    True, it's a locked API issue. Could easily be done with CSV if opened, and allow 3rd party apps to also execute a backup for BB10 users. Realistically, BlackBerry could keep it locked, but access it themselves for migrating consumers and prosumers. Still, not technically an existing app they can port, but at least we're engaged in useful discussion.

How about BlackBerry Virtual Expert? Is there a comparable app available for Android?
    I think they'd have to extend Link as it already does back-up; there may be too many built in limitations via app. Course carrier stores wouldn't like it as they have to dedicate comps for transfers.

Virtual Expert is already ported for diagnostic purposes. Given the low DL numbers it think most people run across it after contacting official support channels.
    10-27-16 03:35 PM
    When I make the switch, I'll miss BlackBerry Travel.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Aman Darred; 10-27-16 at 08:23 PM.
    10-27-16 04:20 PM
    I would like to see all BlackBerry apps sold for $1 or $1.99 in the Google Play Store. They are now a software company. Get producing these apps ya bums. Get selling these apps ya bums. Get in line with your buisness plan.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-27-16 04:56 PM
    I have had pretty good results with BlackBerry maps. Just seems to work for me.
    Punch in anything in the destination line and pop. There it is. Hit the route and ta da there I go.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 06:25 PM
65 123