So, BB10 needs a rich application ecosystem.

What apps will BB10 have available at launch?
    What apps will not exist?
    What apps do you want?
    Last edited by kfh227; 08-30-12 at 06:18 PM.
    08-30-12 04:09 PM
    iMovie
    Pages
    Numbers
    Keynote
    iPhoto

Guarantee they won't exist, but boy would it ever be nice if there were equivalent (actually equal, not crappy failed attempts) apps for PB on launch.

Guarantee there will be a bunch of Unity engine games since they are a BB10 partner.
    08-30-12 04:50 PM
    iMovie
    Pages
    Numbers
    Keynote
    iPhoto

Guarantee they won't exist, but boy would it ever be nice if there were equivalent (actually equal, not crappy failed attempts) apps for PB on launch.

Guarantee there will be a bunch of Unity engine games since they are a BB10 partner.
    Add GarageBand to the list.
    08-30-12 04:55 PM
    Jetpack Joyride!!!
    08-30-12 05:43 PM
    Lots of my friends are using whatsapp, so i definitely hope it will be there at launch, or if not soon after.
    08-30-12 06:22 PM
    Ubersocial
    Skype or Oovoo
    Instagram
    Tumblr

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-30-12 06:30 PM
    Ubersocial
    Skype or Oovoo
    Instagram
    Tumblr

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

You've got confirmation someplace BB10 will not have skype support?
    08-30-12 06:47 PM
    Is RIM planning to incorporate BBM at launch?
    08-30-12 06:58 PM
    someone at RIM tech support told me Skype was coming but they couldn't say when
    08-30-12 07:07 PM
    Wow, a simple post that asks both what is and what is not going to be available at BB10 launch and some people still only want to get all negative. Look people, while BB has been less than perfect over the past couple years, they are trying to reinvent themselves. So either get behind them or switch to another OS. Quit griping about what you don't have when you have no clue what's coming....

I am a firm believer that when 10 comes to market, developers will be jumping on board as quickly as they jumped off. This new UI is amazing even in devalpha models, the final product will be the most superior phones on the market for all of 2013, mark my words. If I'm wrong I will personally apologize to everyone one of you "told you so" trolls that hang out on a BlackBerry website to trash the company, the OS, and the users for liking something different than the "all mighty" Apple, or the best described as a mobile gaming unit Andriod. I don't tell you not to like them, I don't care if you love them.....just leave the people that support and believe in RIM and their products alone.
    08-30-12 07:10 PM
    Wow, a simple post that asks both what is and what is not going to be available at BB10 launch and some people still only want to get all negative. Look people, while BB has been less than perfect over the past couple years, they are trying to reinvent themselves. So either get behind them or switch to another OS. Quit griping about what you don't have when you have no clue what's coming....

I am a firm believer that when 10 comes to market, developers will be jumping on board as quickly as they jumped off. This new UI is amazing even in devalpha models, the final product will be the most superior phones on the market for all of 2013, mark my words. If I'm wrong I will personally apologize to everyone one of you "told you so" trolls that hang out on a BlackBerry website to trash the company, the OS, and the users for liking something different than the "all mighty" Apple, or the best described as a mobile gaming unit Andriod. I don't tell you not to like them, I don't care if you love them.....just leave the people that support and believe in RIM and their products alone.
    There's not a single negative post in this thread yet...take off that tinfoil hat.
    08-30-12 07:18 PM
    All I see is where people are saying this or that probably won't be on at launch.....just be happy we have a RIM and that they are basically putting all their eggs in one basket to keep their company and dream alive. I don't care if the launch comes with one single application, I'm in. Yes, eventually I'm going to want Ubersocial, Crackberry, and probably a game or two, but I focus 90% of my mobile usage on business...the alternatives just don't cut it for me. So realize the tin foil hat was never on, I'm sure your just used to seeing the veiled negativity in forums and don't realize that it's there. It's cool, no harm no foul....

And what's up with this Mike on Mike hate.....damn we got the best name in the world, let the Pablos or the Waynes of the world get at us!
    08-30-12 07:28 PM
    I was actually more interested in Droid/iOS apps that RIMM should try to get on BB10. I was trying to be vague in my post though. I failed.

I am looking in terms of recapturing US market share. Give a better experience and hte same games and people will move over to BB10.
    08-30-12 07:40 PM
    I seem to remember there was a rumor just before PlayBook came out that BB was going to partner with Amazon, it unfortunately never happened (perhaps there was a link with Quanta who made the PlayBook and the Fire) but oh wouldn't it be wonderful if it could happen for BB10?

Now there are rumors that Amazon is going to put out a phone - so in my mind it could be a wonderful partnership - RIM gives Amazon a base for their phones - Amazon give RIM all their cloud infrastructure.

TH took a great first step partnering with TomTom. I would love to see the next one announced be Amazon.
    08-30-12 08:08 PM
    All I see is where people are saying this or that probably won't be on at launch.....just be happy we have a RIM and that they are basically putting all their eggs in one basket to keep their company and dream alive. I don't care if the launch comes with one single application, I'm in. Yes, eventually I'm going to want Ubersocial, Crackberry, and probably a game or two, but I focus 90% of my mobile usage on business...the alternatives just don't cut it for me. So realize the tin foil hat was never on, I'm sure your just used to seeing the veiled negativity in forums and don't realize that it's there. It's cool, no harm no foul....

And what's up with this Mike on Mike hate.....damn we got the best name in the world, let the Pablos or the Waynes of the world get at us!
    But when is coming out? Thats one of the major problems the more RIM waits the more people will think this phone will just be behind iphone OS and andriod. If they are waiting till IOS and andriod comes out and learn from those two then its fine but how long. I love BB and I will purchase the BB 10 but how can it compete in a market where consumers care more about the apps than the phone itself.
    08-30-12 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD